Indian Political Discussion

That makes me suddenly feel very icky ....

maxresdefault.jpg

Cheers, Doc

Is gathbandhan mein hum bhi shaamil hona chahte hai :cool:

When have I said you shouldn't focus on that as well? Undoubtedly BJP will, but I was talking about the bigger "trump cards" which BJP will play close to election time.

Dealing with the expectations and aspirations of the populace and focusing on delivery are mainly topics for right now, before elections; once elections kick in, you need some aces up your sleeve. That's what my comment was about.
They are not related to people much so that's why they are not aces that's what I meant to say. A bigger ace and usp of Modi is delivery, so why not focus on that?

Attack on Pakistan is justified only after an attack on India, major attack. So unless we are willing to make way for Pakistan to kill some of us so that Modi can be elected PM I don't see any other justification or attack. And don't you think it is distraction fabrication, lies and deceit? The very USP of congress?

Mandal 2.0: I don't know what it means but if it means greater than 50% reservation you will put country on fire. There is already nothing left for General category and if they are pushed further I don't think they will stop with just vote, bullet will be the next stop.

Ram Mandir: It can help people feel better, a sense of happiness which is missing right now, can be a good distraction. The best of three alternative I guess but that's in court. If BJP was series they could have brought the resolution by now, if it fails tell people congress opposed it, let them decide for themselves.

They are not related to people much so that's why they are not aces that's what I meant to say. A bigger ace and usp of Modi is delivery, so why not focus on that?

Attack on Pakistan is justified only after an attack on India, major attack. So unless we are willing to make way for Pakistan to kill some of us so that Modi can be elected PM I don't see any other justification or attack. And don't you think it is distraction fabrication, lies and deceit? The very USP of congress?

Mandal 2.0: I don't know what it means but if it means greater than 50% reservation you will put country on fire. There is already nothing left for General category and if they are pushed further I don't think they will stop with just vote, bullet will be the next stop.

Ram Mandir: It can help people feel better, a sense of happiness which is missing right now, can be a good distraction. The best of three alternative I guess but that's in court. If BJP was series they could have brought the resolution by now, if it fails tell people congress opposed it, let them decide for themselves.

Another Congress basher? I thought you were quasi-neutral ....

This forum sure knows how to attract them.

Cheers, Doc

I agree that there's nothing bigger than delivery; and I'm sure they'll work on that, and make a big deal of it too in polls. But the sort of moves I listed, can be very valuable in addition to delivery (although if necessary sometimes an administration may also use them to cover up a total lack of delivery, however that is not the case here).

In the case of Pakistan, they frequently give us excuses to hit them, and it wouldn't take much extra provocation to launch another surgical strike, there's always terror targets across the border.

Mandal 2.0 is redrawing reservations in a way so that a handful of dominant groups within "backward classes" don't corner all the benefits (usually groups that don't really need them as much anyways, like Yadavs, for example). It essentially flips the whole Mandal politics game played by Lalu, Mulayam, Mayawati etc on its head.

And in Ram Mandir's case, I think the action will be timed perfectly for optimal impact on polls.

Another Congress basher? I thought you were quasi-neutral ....

This forum sure knows how to attract them.

Cheers, Doc
Not exactly a congress basher but in this context there is nothing I can find worth appreciating about congress. If they are ugly, communal and full of hatred that they can help even enemy of state (read LeT,Ishrat Jahan) to attack opponent why am I to blame?!!!!

I will appreciate good work of them but in political department they are the most rotten and stinking party in sub continent. They need to put country first instead of votes and a family.

I agree that there's nothing bigger than delivery; and I'm sure they'll work on that, and make a big deal of it too in polls. But the sort of moves I listed, can be very valuable in addition to delivery (although if necessary sometimes an administration may also use them to cover up a total lack of delivery, however that is not the case here).

I smiled.

Brave but feeble afterthought.

Cheers, Doc

2019 tak ruk jao Doc, doodh ka doodh aur paani ka paani ho jayega.

Bhai, you are an intelligent boy.

You guys have successfully hounded GND out. There is just me now.

But even beyond this forum, everywhere you look, the discourse has changed.

The mood and tone has changed.

The BJP and its legion are firmly on the backfoot.

Except for politics and bashing others, there is nothing left to talk about.

The feel-good dried up more than a year ago.

Even sitting there you would have sensed that.

And now its gone a step further. The knives are out. And the hounds are circling.

Cheers, Doc

In the case of Pakistan, they frequently give us excuses to hit them, and it wouldn't take much extra provocation to launch another surgical strike, there's always terror targets across the border.

Mandal 2.0 is redrawing reservations in a way so that a handful of dominant groups within "backward classes" don't corner all the benefits (usually groups that don't really need them as much anyways, like Yadavs, for example). It essentially flips the whole Mandal politics game played by Lalu, Mulayam, Mayawati etc on its head.

And in Ram Mandir's case, I think the action will be timed perfectly for optimal impact on polls.
Stay on message and public will respond beyond your expectations (like UP, for Kejri in Delhi).

Distract from message and you will get Gujarat and Delhi. (Personal attacks, neech card and all that)

Have faith on people and the most important thing don't be arrogant. We need tea seller, humble Modi, we go beyond caste for him but not for "Pakoda" or "Kutte ka baccha bhi tyre k neeche aa jaye" Modi.

Bhai, you are an intelligent boy.

You guys have successfully hounded GND out. There is just me now.

But even beyond this forum, everywhere you look, the discourse has changed.

The mood and tone has changed.

The BJP and its legion are firmly on the backfoot.

Except for politics and bashing others, there is nothing left to talk about.

The feel-good dried up more than a year ago.

Even sitting there you would have sensed that.

And now its gone a step further. The knives are out. And the hounds are circling.

Cheers, Doc

GND was dealt with because he constantly trolled instead of engaging in civil, rational discourse. I've never had a problem with an opposing viewpoint if it's presented maturely and decently. But I've never been one to turn the other cheek either, and worst of all, he made things personal with me long ago. Starting from the last place when he tried to get to me by saying all sorts of stupid shit about my ancestors and people; maine ussi waqt teh kar liya thha ke saale ko dekh lunga.

As for the rest of your point, there's nothing left to argue, we'll see what happens next year.

• Agree
Reactions: _Anonymous_
maine ussi waqt teh kar liya thha ke saale ko dekh lunga.

Every time you feel pissed with an Indian, visualize the bombs raining down and bullets whizzing overhead as both of you huddle in the same trench.

Its worked for me.

Its admittedly a lot more difficult in real life on the spur of the moment though .... which is why I still use my hands.

Cheers, Doc

That's what I said too.

The discourse changed totally.

In line with how the term morphed from promise to incredulous disbelief to disaster.

Cheers, Doc

There are a lot of things you're not taking into consideration, in addition to the 4-5 major points I listed farther up, there's also one very simple matter; when national elections occur at the end of a term, the people actively compare the incumbent and the challenger. You can take shots at BJP all you want about what they promised and what they did or didn't deliver, but when people sit down in election season and start comparing the BJP's term to UPA 1 and 2, I'm more than confident that they'll quickly realize which side truly deserves their vote.

And that's where the points I listed will also tie in perfectly. You can close your eyes, wish and hope all you want; but Modi is the consummate politician, and he's going nowhere anytime soon.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
Every time you feel pissed with an Indian, visualize the bombs raining down and bullets whizzing overhead as both of you huddle in the same trench.

Its worked for me.

Its admittedly a lot more difficult in real life on the spur of the moment though .... which is why I still use my hands.

Cheers, Doc

You can always push people out of the trench...

but when people sit down in election season and start comparing the BJP's term to UPA 1 and 2, I'm more than confident that they'll quickly realize which side truly deserves their vote.

Seriously???????

Which people?

The middle class salaried professional?

The farmer?

The young graduate looking for a job to now start paying for those fancy gadgets his papa used to sponsor?

The soldier who was promised something and got peanuts for his service instead?

The minority Indian who has gone through 5 years been made to feel that this is not his country as much as the other guy who belongs to the majority faith?

The industrialist and the SME owner?

The retired Indian who invested in the market to get inflation+ returns for his golden years?

Who is we?

Cheers, Doc