Indian Political Discussion

543 was giving NDA and BJP more seats than 2014 and so are some others, they are usually right, I don't know how correct they are this time but it seems difficult to be close to 2014 forget trumping them but then I have limited resources and information.

Pretty dull and stupid campaign going on, the sooner it is over the better.
I can report that in my constituency, the minorities turned out in full force. The overall turnout for Bombay was also a couple of percentage points above last times poll which in turn means some amount of anti incumbency. I see a replay of 2004 out here with the minorities turning out in full force apart from other malcontents like Dalits, farmers, daily wage laborers, etc. I would be very surprised if the NDA got to 250 seats overall

yes, Exactly I am also wondering how some one are predicting Tsunami of MODI.

As Compare to 2014, almost on all places there is tough fight and BJP is loosing seats excepts some places bangal,Odisha and karela, but there gain is limited. in total it would be hardly 20-25 seats. But losses are more than it.

UP: Very very tough fight, in 2014, BJP won 73 seats. if they are still able to win 50 seats then there is directly loss of 23 seats. So All gains from bangal, odisha and karela equals to loss in UP.

Rest states Loss is loss only and will be minus from 281 which BJP won in 2014.

In Hindi Belt:
Rajasthan: last time they won 25 out of 25 seats. this time analysts predicting 20 seats, So there is loss of 5 seats, there might be lost more seats.
MP: there is also some losses 7-8 seats.
chhattisgarh: they won i think 11 seats last time, and now in 2019 seats predicting 2-3 seats only.
Jharkhand: Not have any idea
Bihar: fighting on less seats, Nitish is not a reliable partner.
Punjab: i think this time akali n BJP ki 4 bhi nahi ayegi.
haryana: Last time BJP won 7 seats, this time also they can stick to 7 also, not even gain of single seats. There is tough fights on Jaat dominating seats. even on Hisar Seat, Non-Jaats are voting Bisnoi and Jaats are voting Dushyant , BJP candidate is not in picture.if Dushyant win then still he will give support to BJP only.
Delhi: Peoples are predicting 5 seats, mere ko nahi lagta 3 seats bhi aa jaye. this time kejriwal is in Delhi only. and they have very strong base there. and there is strong anti incumbency in traders in delhi, even in jaipur/surat/ahmadabad.

Log congress ko vote nahi daal rahe, ya to anti BJP vote h ya fir candidate caste. due to this national issues are invisible from group.

and also there is no strong active campaiging from RSS cadre. jamin par kuch nahi najar aa raha. 2004 ki tarah bjp/rss walley ac room se bahar nahi nikalengey.

Abb to bajrang Bali hi kuch kar saktey hain, these coming three phases are very very important of BJP.

I talked to one of my friend from baghpat, usney RLD ko vote dalkar aya hain, abb kah raha hain yaar josh josh mea nalkey pe button daba diya caste ki wajah se, MOdi ko vote dena tha.

Peoples are highly influenced by whatsapp videos, messages at last moment. very sad story of India.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
I can report that in my constituency, the minorities turned out in full force. The overall turnout for Bombay was also a couple of percentage points above last times poll which in turn means some amount of anti incumbency. I see a replay of 2004 out here with the minorities turning out in full force apart from other malcontents like Dalits, farmers, daily wage laborers, etc. I would be very surprised if the NDA got to 250 seats overall
nearly five crore new voters have been added in 2019 compared to 2014. All these young guys are vote bank of BJP and constitute nearly 5% of total voters. I still maintain my prediction that BJP will get more seats than 2014 this time.

Reactions: NRJ
nearly five crore new voters have been added in 2019 compared to 2014. All these young guys are vote bank of BJP and constitute nearly 5% of total voters. I still maintain my prediction that BJP will get more seats than 2014 this time.
Let's hope so. I remain silent skeptic though.

This isn't 100% on topic, but FWIW, Bharat Karnad claims in an article, after returning from the US, that according to doctors at Sloan Kettering, Jaitley doesn't have more than a few months left.

• Informative
Reactions: _Anonymous_
Dude is beaten, harassed, his car attacked, all of this while simultaneously fighting TMC goons in poll booths. I too would have looked exhausted if i was in his place

Yes, a TMC guy in this case were not beaten, harassed and harassed in their car by BJP goons like they usually are.

Yes, a TMC guy in this case were not beaten, harassed and harassed in their car by BJP goons like they usually are.

Whats your prediction - what would be scorecard for major parties this time?

And dont tell us your wish but prediction.

This isn't 100% on topic, but FWIW, Bharat Karnad claims in an article, after returning from the US, that according to doctors at Sloan Kettering, Jaitley doesn't have more than a few months left.
In any case, even if Modi returned to power , I read somewhere some months back that one won't see Jaitley & Sushma Aunty back.

I want Mayawati as our PM and her first visit should be to USA to meet Trump.
Bloody hell! I want that 6 month-6month PM ship of Mayabooty and DiDi based on power sharing. Both visiting USA and US democrat supporting media hailing it as a victory of Feminism in India meanwhile cursing Trump and white voters. Finally capped with a leaked Trump hot-mic video of Trump making a comment on grabbing India by the ........
Would be a hell of a scandal.

In any case, even if Modi returned to power , I read somewhere some months back that one won't see Jaitley & Sushma Aunty back.

Jaitley because he is too sick- I think they aren't giving out the full picture of his health. Sushma because she is a political rival- her accommodation had to be done ast time. Not anymore.

Jaitley because he is too sick- I think they aren't giving out the full picture of his health. Sushma because she is a political rival- her accommodation had to be done ast time. Not anymore.
Three of the top ministers have had serious health problems. Soorpnakha has had her kidney changed, Jai-Italyji is down with cancer and Gadhakari has diabetes and other health issues. So the new faces will have to come in the cabinet and few junior ministers will be made cabinet ministers. People like Fadanavis might move to RS after GE 2019 and become ministers.

Three of the top ministers have had serious health problems. Soorpnakha has had her kidney changed, Jai-Italyji is down with cancer and Gadhakari has diabetes and other health issues. So the new faces will have to come in the cabinet and few junior ministers will be made cabinet ministers. People like Fadanavis might move to RS after GE 2019 and become ministers.

Yes. But don't expect this to increase the calibre of the team- the Juniors are even worse than the seniors. They are all yes men who are there for being yes men alone. The only good thing is that even as the oldies go out the worst of the lot called Smriti Irani ain't gonna make a come back. Her incompetence and stupidity was so obvious that no one is going to risk their political image by taking a chance on her again.

Nope. The issue is that Modi tried to finish them completely to get control of UP in the fututre. For them it is a battle for existance.

Think like that - If Modi comes again somehow without them providing a supporting hand, they will definitely be finished.

Think like that - If Modi comes again somehow without them providing a supporting hand, they will definitely be finished.

Nope. They will hold out. Everyone was asking why Congress never went after Modi or Advani when they were in power- they know which bridges not to burn. They even refused to break their relationship with Laloo when he was all but finished. Same with Atalji. He critized but never tried to finish any of his enemies (like the Gandhis). Modi is the first person who tried to use his power to do this. He will set a very very bad precedent if others get 'inspired' by him.

Everyone was asking why Congress never went after Modi or Advani when they were in power- they know which bridges not to burn.

You seems to live in different universe. The only thing congress did in 10 years of powers is to go after Modi with whatever they can, heck they even aligned with Hafiz Saed in Ishrat Jahan case, aligned with every terror supporter just to fix Modi.

If there is one single politician that whole ecosystem had tried from dirty to vulgar to outright criminal tricks to fix someone, to kill someone it's Modi. Just because your eyes are closed doesn't mean reality is different. He has not done even 50% of what was done to him and I wish he take the revenge, that's the only reason I will vote for him.

It's time some sense is drilled to lefty entitled clowns who think they can fix any politician at will because they have all the power of republic at disposal for personal whims and fancy. An example should be made of this family and if Modi is not capable enough I will vote Yogi to finish the job. When power of country is used to satisfy a family issues it's time to kick those *censored*s out.