Indian Political Discussion

Let's face it. Delhi got statehood and the BJP botched it up between corruption & factionalism between the Madanlal Khurana & the Sahib Singh Verma groups. In walks Sheila Dixit & she rules Delhi for 3 terms. Then come the IAC, with Khuljiwal capitalising on it, launching the AAP winning the state elections, resigning & dissolving the assembly and returning with an enhanced majority. This shows Delhi doesn't favour any one party. In keeping with the different voting patterns of the rest of India in state & central elections, you may well see AAP back with a reduced majority. After all in spite of all the traction AAP got in the 2014 assembly elections ( which was later dissolved) BJP swept Delhi in the Central elections.
Correct, but a lot of Delhites voted this clown in 2015 just for the sake of free water and cheap electricity and they deserve to be blamed for that mess up.

Reactions: _Anonymous_

P. Chidambaram broke down on hearing RaGa's insistence on persisting with his resignation, exclaimed how the people in TN loved him and claimed how there's be mass suicides there.

@Guynextdoor I thought you said politics in the South in general was more evolved given the higher literacy rates there. Hope there aren't any mass suicides or better still suicide bombings in Wyanad. Videos on WhatsApp show a sea of green, all celebrating RaGa's victory there with chants of Allah o Akbar.

I think this is one relationship which will sour very fast. If Modi could grant AP special status, he'd have obliged CBN. Secondly, given Jagan's close connection with Charismatic evangelism, he's already on the watch list of the RSS / VHP. It's only a matter of time before Jagan promotes them and the RSS/VHP starts opposing him.

I believe BJP for the moment will depend more on KCR, AIADMK & Naveen Patnaik for support in the RS, though for the time being Jagan can also be counted upon .

I think this is one relationship which will sour very fast. If Modi could grant AP special status, he'd have obliged CBN. Secondly, given Jagan's close connection with Charismatic evangelism, he's already on the watch list of the RSS / VHP. It's only a matter of time before Jagan promotes them and the RSS/VHP starts opposing him.

I believe BJP for the moment will depend more on KCR, AIADMK & Naveen Patnaik for support in the RS, though for the time being Jagan can also be counted upon .
Modi will not grant special status to AP, but he will give them funds in return for their support in Rajya Sabha. Jagan knows he can't do anything without Modi's support and Modi doesn't have anything to loose in Andhra.

Just like people threw CBN out of power, Jagan would meet the same fate if he fails to deliver. At this point Jagan has very few bargaining chips and I think spreading evangelism would be the last thing in his mind. He is a big time crook and a "Khandani criminal". He is certainly not a reliable partner, but can be useful strictly on give and take condition.

Modi will not grant special status to AP, but he will give them funds in return for their support in Rajya Sabha. Jagan knows he can't do anything without Modi's support and Modi doesn't have anything to loose in Andhra.

Just like people threw CBN out of power, Jagan would meet the same fate if he fails to deliver. At this point Jagan has very few bargaining chips and I think spreading evangelism would be the last thing in his mind. He is a big time crook and a "Khandani criminal". He is certainly not a reliable partner, but can be useful strictly on give and take condition.
If he encourages conversions, He along with his family must be thrown behind bars and a very strong counter should be launched by RSS & Bajrang Dal against church in AP.

translation-
Assembly wise breakup BJP - 65/70, Congress - 5/70, AAP - 0/70.
IMG_20190526_145451.jpg

Modi will not grant special status to AP, but he will give them funds in return for their support in Rajya Sabha.
True, no state is going to get special status, only Himalayan states get that due to demographic and geographic problems.

In special status states central government needs to pay 90% budget of centrally sponsored schemes instead of pre existing 40-50%. If they grant any populous state this privilege fiscal deficit will blow away all the records. It's just not feasible, it's only a political gossip.

At this point Jagan has very few bargaining chips and I think spreading evangelism would be the last thing in his mind. He is a big time crook and a "Khandani criminal". He is certainly not a reliable partner, but can be useful strictly on give and take condition.

It's not so much him as his family. His brother in law is a pastor of one such mission & heads a very wealthy ministry. Don't you think they'd be buoyed by this development? You can see what follows then. Agree with the rest of your comment. After all Jagan has a lineage to live up to. His father was definitely considered 10 times more corrupt than CBN. The formula is also known. Come out with plenty of freebies and look to the centre to bail you out. Except this time the centre doesn't belong to the same party as his and has a very different view of fiscal tomfoolery unlike what it was in his father's time.

It's not so much him as his family. His brother in law is a pastor of one such mission & heads a very wealthy ministry. Don't you think they'd be buoyed by this development? You can see what follows then. Agree with the rest of your comment. After all Jagan has a lineage to live up to. His father was definitely considered 10 times more corrupt than CBN. The formula is also known. Come out with plenty of freebies and look to the centre to bail you out. Except this time the centre doesn't belong to the same party as his and has a very different view of fiscal tomfoolery unlike what it was in his father's time.
I have no doubt about his bro-in-law's intention. But as I mentioned earlier, he does not have the bargaining chip and he himself accepted that today.
In 2009, the only poster you could see in Hyderabad was of "Brother Anil". But this is 2019 and the YSR family does not have the kind of power they enjoyed then and VHP/RSS is far more powerful to tolerate their nonsense.

Reactions: _Anonymous_
If he encourages conversions, He along with his family must be thrown behind bars and a very strong counter should be launched by RSS & Bajrang Dal against church in AP.
They do and when YSR died, people attributed his death to his intention of spreading "Christianity" in the Tirumala hills.

BTW, I am not sure how far it's true, but I heard that he is the one who got his uncle killed.

Here is what I got from it. A large number of the left-lib brigade live in their own little bubble. They are now shocked to see that bubble burst. If you ever visited reddit r/India you would know. They created a bubble for themselves by banning anybody that was a NDA supporter and was absolutely certain of NDA's total annihilation in the elections. They mocked the Exit polls, then came the real results. Some of them are trying to explain it away by "People are stupid", some others are even more outlandish "Modi sprayed us with mind control gas using Jet airways planes, that's why jet has gone bankrupt". You can't reason with these people for they believe they are superior to you.

• Agree
Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
Here is what I got from it. A large number of the left-lib brigade live in their own little bubble. They are now shocked to see that bubble burst. If you ever visited reddit r/India you would know. They created a bubble for themselves by banning anybody that was a NDA supporter and was absolutely certain of NDA's total annihilation in the elections. They mocked the Exit polls, then came the real results. Some of them are trying to explain it away by "People are stupid", some others are even more outlandish "Modi sprayed us with mind control gas using Jet airways planes, that's why jet has gone bankrupt". You can't reason with these people for they believe they are superior to you.
The issue with highly educated fools are if they knew they were fools, they wouldn't be in such a situation. They couch their foolishness well in a garb of self righteousness.

But, this gau raksha vigilantism nonsense should be clamped down upon severely in right earnest.

Correct, but a lot of Delhites voted this clown in 2015 just for the sake of free water and cheap electricity and they deserve to be blamed for that mess up.

delhi did get free water and cheap electricity. You're saying Delhi should pay for not allowing corrupt electricty and water boards fleece their money?

The issue with highly educated fools are if they knew they were fools, they wouldn't be in such a situation. They couch their foolishness well in a garb of self righteousness.

But, this gau raksha vigilantism nonsense should be clamped down upon severely in right earnest.

There is nothing called highly educated fools. There is only highly educated (me) and fool (you).