Indian Political Discussion

It is ridiculous , nothing should be free as nothing is free. Tax payers will fund free internet.
As always Commies rely on free free free
The idea is to make available access to internet universal for all citizens. Free internet is being envisaged for those below the BPL and cannot afford to be connected to the digital world. just like state needs to be responsible to provide primary education and primary health care to all citizen at affordable rates, modern enlightened states have realized that access to basic digital tech is the right of all citizens and nobody should be left out. Otherwise like the UP cops we will all be galloping int the 21st century on imaginary horses.

The idea is to make available access to internet universal for all citizens. Free internet is being envisaged for those below the BPL and cannot afford to be connected to the digital world. just like state needs to be responsible to provide primary education and primary health care to all citizen at affordable rates, modern enlightened states have realized that access to basic digital tech is the right of all citizens and nobody should be left out. Otherwise like the UP cops we will all be galloping int the 21st century on imaginary horses.
Internet at affordable rates yes yes yes , free - no no no

• Agree
Reactions: Bali78
Free Internet access should be a basic human right: Study

Free internet access must be considered as a human right, as people unable to get online -- particularly in developing countries -- lack meaningful ways to influence the global players shaping their everyday lives, according to a new study.

As political engagement increasingly takes place online, basic freedoms that many take for granted including free expression, freedom of information and freedom of assembly are undermined if some citizens have access to the internet and others do not.

New research reveals that the internet could be a key way of protecting other basic human rights such as life, liberty, and freedom from torture -- a means of enabling billions of people to lead 'minimally decent lives'.

Dr. Merten Reglitz, Lecturer in Global Ethics at the University of Birmingham, has published his findings -- the first study of its kind -- in the Journal of Applied Philosophy.

"Internet access is no luxury, but instead a moral human right and everyone should have unmonitored and uncensored access to this global medium -- provided free of charge for those unable to afford it," commented Dr Reglitz.

"Without such access, many people lack a meaningful way to influence and hold accountable supranational rule-makers and institutions. These individuals simply don't have a say in the making of the rules they must obey and which shape their life chances."

He added that exercising free speech and obtaining information was now heavily dependent on having internet access. Much of today's political debate took place online and politically relevant information is shared on the internet -- meaning the relative value these freedoms held for people 'offline' had decreased.

Dr. Reglitz's research attributes to the internet unprecedented possibilities for protecting basic human rights to life, liberty and bodily integrity.

Whilst acknowledging that being online does not guarantee these rights, he cites examples of internet engagement that helped hold Government and institutions to account. These examples include:

• The 'Arab Spring'- new ways of global reporting on government atrocities.
  • Documenting unjustified police violence against African Americans in the US.
  • #MeToo campaign -- helping to 'out' sexual harassment of women by powerful men.
Dr. Reglitz defines 'moral human rights' as based on universal interests essential for a 'minimally decent life'. They must also be of such fundamental importance that if a nation is unwilling or unable to uphold these rights, the international community must step in.

The study points to a number of important political institutions which have committed to ensuring universal access for their populations, convinced that this goal is affordable:

• The Indian state of Kerala has declared universal internet access a human right and aims to provide it for its 35 million people by 2019.
  • The European Union has launched the WiFi4EU initiative to provide 'every European village and city with free wireless internet access around main centres of public life by 2020.
  • Global internet access is part of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, with the UN demanding states help to deliver universal Internet access in developing nations.
Dr Reglitz outlines the size of the challenge posed in providing universal internet access, noting that the UN's International Telecommunication Union estimated that, by the end of 2018, 51 percent of the world's population of 7 billion people had access to the Internet.

Many people in poorer parts of the world are still without internet access, but their number is decreasing as technology becomes cheaper. However, internet expansion has slowed in recent years, suggesting universal access will not occur without intentional promotion.

"Universal internet access need not cost the earth -- accessing politically important opportunities such as blogging, obtaining information, joining virtual groups, or sending and receiving emails does not require the latest information technology," commented Dr Reglitz.

"Web-capable phones allow people to access these services and public internet provision, such as public libraries, can help get people online where individual domestic access is initially too expensive."

He added that the human right to internet access was similar to the global right to health, which cannot require globally the highest possible medical treatment, as many states are too poor to provide such services and thus would face impossible demands.

Instead, poor states are called upon to provide basic medical services and work toward providing higher quality health care delivery. Similarly, such states should initially offer locations with public Internet access and develop IT infrastructure that increases access.

According to the NGO The World Wide Web Foundation, founded by World Wide Web inventor Tim Berners-Lee 'affordability' remains one of the most significant, but solvable, obstacles to universal access.

For the Foundation, internet access is affordable if one gigabyte of data costs no more than two percent of average monthly income -- currently some 2.3 billion people are without affordable Internet access.

Nothing is free , tax payer pays money.

While literate mallus joining ISIS to spread mallu giri there

how strange that mallu land saw not a single terrorist attack in decades despite BJP loudly declaring it is hotbed of ISIS.

But I understand the yoigiji is keeping UP illiterate to avoid terrorism. I thought it's because he's a moron.

Reactions: S. A. T. A
Talk about lack of common sense

Which terrorist or evangelist anti national elements in the right frame of mind will compromise his or her base of operations

They are evil not stupid , stupidity is exclusive to Arab wannabe / ricebag converts for the obvious reasons.

Talk about lack of common sense

Which terrorist or evangelist anti national elements in the right frame of mind will compromise his or her base of operations

They are evil not stupid , stupidity is exclusive to Arab wannabe / ricebag converts for the obvious reasons.

BJP talking about jihadis in kerala is like Modi talking about 5 Trillion economy by 2022.

illiterates are not expected to understand.

how strange that mallu land saw not a single terrorist attack in decades despite BJP loudly declaring it is hotbed of ISIS.

But I understand the yoigiji is keeping UP illiterate to avoid terrorism. I thought it's because he's a moron.
Why would any jihadi carry out attacks in Kerala? Jihadis want their base intact.
No BJP but facts show that its hotbed of extremist elements. Whats PFI? Nothing less than a terrorist organisation

Why would any jihadi carry out attacks in Kerala? Jihadis want their base intact.
No BJP but facts show that its hotbed of extremist elements. Whats PFI? Nothing less than a terrorist organisation

Of curse I agree with you. This is why almost all the people who actually carry out terrorist attacks are from outside of Kerala/TN etc.

Most of jihadi / evangelism / anti national related foreign funding is routed through keralites of the aforementioned extraction especially through those working abroad.

IB has a large presence but still due to complicit involvement of state machinery often plays spoil sport , and better not mention the literate anti national evangelical / mullah orgs and connected NGOs.

Eg
major attempts to cripple ISRO was through Kerala ( involvement of keralites )
One of the major side effort to cripple TSD was through Kerala ( involvement of keralites )

Coincidence ?

Last edited:
Most of jihadi / evangelism / anti national related foreign funding is routed through keralites of the aforementioned extraction especially through those working abroad.

IB has a large presence but still due to complicit involvement of state machinery often plays spoil sport , and better not mention the literate anti national evangelical / mullah orgs and connected NGOs.

yes, and you must applaud Yogiji that he has decided not to feed and clothe people of UP, apart from giving them internet because they might get jihadi tendencies like mallus.

@hellbent yogiji has controlled foreign funding by controlling all funding- no one has any money, then no foreign money. Na rahegi baans, na bajegi baansuri. If people don't have food like rice to eat then rice cannot be used for conversion. I think these great things need to be shown on national television for future PM candidate of India.

Hundreds of networks related to Pak based terror outfits have been reported from Uttar Pradesh. Nobody needs any reminding where Dawood Ibrahim came from. India's most dreaded home grown terrorist organization, SIMI( which also inspired Indian Mujahideen), was founded in ALigarh Uttar Pradesh. Please go through the list of terror networks busted in UP since 2001 from the below link. If UP was an independent country, UN would have declared it a terrorist state.

Terrorism related incidents in Uttar Pradesh since 2001 -- India Datasheets - South Asia Terrorism Portal

Western Uttar Pradesh a safe haven for terror suspects

Uttar Pradesh becomes breeding ground for ISIS recruits
Uttar Pradesh becomes breeding ground for ISIS recruits | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Hundreds of networks related to Pak based terror outfits have been reported from Uttar Pradesh. Nobody needs any reminding where Dawood Ibrahim came from. India's most dreaded home grown terrorist organization, SIMI( which also inspired Indian Mujahideen), was founded in ALigarh Uttar Pradesh. Please go through the list of terror networks busted in UP since 2001 from the below link. If UP was an independent country, UN would have declared it a terrorist state.

Terrorism related incidents in Uttar Pradesh since 2001 -- India Datasheets - South Asia Terrorism Portal

yes therefore Yogiji has a brilliant plan

a) If the state is bankrupt and has no money then no money for terror funding
b) if people don't have food to eat then you can't offer them rice to convert them
c) if no internet then no you know istuff....pls no p*rn etc. Yogij is celibate and this will help him remain celibate

This is my last post here so i will be frank, very frank infact.

As far as i am concerned 2 of you guys were running a shit show based on North versus south

What is the driving factor for you i dont know , the other guy is a hellalujah fellow so his compulsion , unless you are also a hellalujah fellow or maybe bitten by the hellalujah propagated Dravidian bug i dont see any reason why your compulsion towards digging shit of others. A mullah possibly ? A commie ? Well everything start and ends with us , we sow we reap.

Anyways
Nobody is better than the other , i have stayed equally in North and South and i have see the best and worst of both , if one knows to see through the subtle subversion one can say both are same.

I posted about Kerala because your compatriot was going gaga over others without realising good and bad is inherent to both.

If you are not compulsed by religious based leanings or propaganda driven narratives you will see my point. But that's up to you.

AFAIK this is my land north south east west , land of my god's my forefathers my history my pride , i dont give a darn if somebody plays the card of invaders religions , brainwashed narratives or political or personal leanings.

Do what you guys want , just remember this
if the north fails south will follow
If the south fails north will follow

The biggest irony will be if you are a hindu , others will simply butcher you or maybe harvest your soul for all its worth. The tag of keralite , up walla , bihari , kannada etc won't save you

When the storm blows in its fury , those holdings onto a trees branches will be blown away but those holding closing to the roots will survive

Goodbye

Sata name seems familiar you were in d f. I it seems, interesting

Anyways don't mind me have your fun , i am out

Last edited:

As far as i am concerned 2 of you guys were running a shit show based on North versus south

What is the driving factor for you i dont know , the other guy is a hellalujah fellow so his compulsion , unless you are also a hellalujah fellow or maybe bitten by the hellalujah propagated Dravidian bug i dont see any reason why your compulsion towards digging shit of others.

Nobody is better than the other , i have stayed equally in North and South and i have see the best and worst of both , if one knows to see through the subversion one can say both are same.

I posted about Kerala because your compatriot was going gaga over others without realising good and bad is inherent to both.

If you are not compulsed by religious based leanings or propaganda driven narratives you will see my point. But that's up to you.

AFAIK this is my land north south east west , land of my god's my forefathers my history my pride , i dont give a darn if somebody plays the card of invaders religions , brainwashed narratives or political or personal leanings.

The biggest irony will be if you are a hindu , others will simply butcher you or maybe harvest your soul for all its worth.

Goodbye

I don't understand why you are being so hostile towards me when all that I did was point out the good things that Yogiji is doing. These kinds of statements are hurting my feelings.

What is the driving factor for you i dont know , the other guy is a hellalujah fellow so his compulsion , unless you are also a hellalujah fellow or maybe bitten by the hellalujah propagated Dravidian bug i dont see any reason why your compulsion towards digging shit of others. A mullah possibly ? A commie ? Well everything start and ends with us , we sow we reap.

Anyways
Nobody is better than the other , i have stayed equally in North and South and i have see the best and worst of both , if one knows to see through the subtle subversion one can say both are same.

The biggest irony will be if you are a hindu , others will simply butcher you or maybe harvest your soul for all its worth. The tag of keralite , up walla , bihari , kannada etc won't save you

When the storm blows in its fury , those holdings onto a trees branches will be blown away but those holding closing to the roots will survive

Goodbye

My friend no one here is playing any regional game here. We south Indians( I'm not generalizing nor claim to speak for all South Indians) are worried with certain aspects of the Indian state, be it Imposing Hindi on us, or attempts being made to steal our share of representation in the parliament, not receiving our share of national funds, least of all the regressive body politic being practiced in the north. We will continue to voice and people from the north should learn to respect the opinions of those in the south and perhaps event lend a ear or two when we suggest best political practices based on our own experiences, which the rest of the civilized world applauds. No need to become paranoid of defensive about it.

With regards to your name calling and labeling, well this just what we've come to expect from the regressive and untutored minds in he northern states. i don't blame you, i blame the state which has failed your societies for all these decades , by not proving quality education or instilling progressive thoughts which give space for critical reasoning. Its not just just the people of the north, but the whole nations now suffers for it.

My friend no one here is playing any regional game here. We south Indians( I'm not generalizing nor claim to speak for all South Indians) are worried with certain aspects of the Indian state, be it Imposing Hindi on us, or attempts being made to steal our share of representation in the parliament, not receiving our share of national funds, least of all the regressive body politic being practiced in the north. We will continue to voice and people from the north should learn to respect the opinions of those in the south and perhaps event lend a ear or two when we suggest best political practices based on our own experiences, which the rest of the civilized world applauds. No need to become paranoid of defensive about it.

With regards to your name calling and labeling, well this just what we've come to expect from the regressive and untutored minds in he northern states. i don't blame you, i blame the state which has failed your societies for all these decades , by not proving quality education or instilling progressive thoughts which give space for critical reasoning. Its not just just the people of the north, but the whole nations now suffers for it.

The only reason i am replying is to show you the irony - i am north eastern , no ethnic liquistic connection to either north or south . Now what ? abuse north east ?

Education only equips a man but does not make a man . If you don't even know that what the heck you are going on about others untutored mind , quality education , progressive throughs , societies etc . Degrees don't make a man.

I ain't being presumptuous on south indians or North Indians , yet you have opinions on others , wow even societies , that's rich .

You believe and do what you want and i aint interested , i am not into petty politics , the same you accuse of others is also there on the other side equally.

Also let's not go to regressive and untutored mind , i simply fail to understand as to why you can't see the irony
Your superior quality education failing you i must say. Maybe a mirror might help you , stand before it and say you are untutored , you are regressive , maybe then the irony will hit you or maybe not as usual.

This is all i can help , the best judge of an individual is the individual itself . Your choice

You are a abrahamic aren't you, the tirade you wrote indicates a hallelujah mentality

Anyways continue your crusade or jihad or mission
Good luck

Last edited: