Indian Political Discussion

He himself said that he is a hindu. If he had not said it, I would not have revealed his name. But since he himself had to make a false claim, I exposed him. Revealing his name is just to rebut what he himself said.
Fair enough. Let's move on instead of repeating same thing again and again. I have seen this kabir thing for so many times.

NDA is set to form the Government in Meghalaya as well with UDP pledging support to NPP (and in all likelihood, all the regional parties will form a coalition with BJP-NPP). So that's a clean sweep then, only Mizoram left now, which will likely be easy pickings later this year; and then we'll finally have a Congress free Northeast. Good riddance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bali78
Beta Test for 2019? Mayawati's BSP Will Support SP in Gorakhpur, Phulpur Bypolls to Counter BJP

The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) will make an official announcement soon, but party sources said the decision was taken after a marathon meeting at Mayawati’s residence on Thursday.

Lucknow: In a major political realignment a year before General Elections, the Mayawati-led BSP has decided to back the Samajwadi Party in bypolls to Gorakhpur and Phulpur, the Lok Sabha seats vacated by Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath and deputy chief minister Keshav Prasad Maurya, respectively.

The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) will make an official announcement soon, but party sources said the decision was taken after a marathon meeting at Mayawati’s residence on Thursday.

The move marks a fresh attempt to form an anti-BJP alliance in Uttar Pradesh ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.

It also marks a break from tradition for the BSP, which has never contested bypolls when in opposition. However, its absence in the recent Madhya Pradesh Assembly bypolls seems to have benefitted the BJP, with the Congress’ victory margin going down. Mayawati’s announcement of support to the Akhilesh Yadav-led SP may prevent a division of its vote bank.

However, the Congress, which allied with the SP for Assembly elections last year, has announced its own candidates on the two seats.

In Gorakhpur — a seat represented by Yogi Adityanath for five consecutive termsthe Samajwadi Party has fielded Praveen Kumar Nishad, the son of Nishad Party chief Sanjay Nishad, as its candidate. Nishad will take on the BJP’s Upendra Shukla and Congress leader Surhita Chatterjee Karim.

In Phulphur, the Samajwadi Party has fielded Nagendra Singh Patel, an OBC leader. Patel will contest against BJP candidate and fellow OBC leader Kaushlendra Singh Patel, who has also been Varanasi mayor. The Congress has fielded Manish Mishra for this seat.

Voting for both bypolls will be held on March 11, while counting of votes will be held on March 14.

Mayawati Will Back SP in Gorakhpur, Phulpur Bypolls to Counter BJP -- link

---------------------------------------------------------
@Guynextdoor UP by-polls will be interesting this time, SP candidate is son of Nishad party chief. Nishad's are the largest non-Yadav OBC caste group(BJP's traditional vote bank who vote for liquor and babas). So OBC votes got united, then they got support from Peace party, Muslim votes. Now BSP has supported, Combined SP BSP Nishad cader will work united on ground.

Congress which has developed a anti-Hindu Image and corrupt image, has fielded a Brahman candidate, to split the traditional BJP votes.

In Phoolpur, both SP BJP has fielded OBC Patel candidate, and congress, has fielded a Brahman candidate to again split the traditional BJP votes.

These by-polls are like semi-finals before 2019 elections.

Again this is just your fantasy.

BSP Never participates in By Elections. And Mayawati is not a fool to help the SP by transferring her votes to the SP for no gain what so ever.

As usual the BSP will not participate and the votes will be transferred to BJP since they are the one's in power in the state and voting for anyone else would just be a waste of their own vote.

Its almost guaranteed that BJP will win in both these seats.

How should we be reading the recent comments by KCR about a third front, as well as support to KCR from people like CBN, Owaisi and Mamata?

Is this really the formation of a hodge podge third front? Or is KCR just trying to put up an act to obscure the fact that he has an "under wraps" arrangement with BJP?

It was about this whole lingayat saga.

I think (personally) that more than polarize the Hindu vote, Modi and his gujarati lobby have uncorked the genie.

And we are going to have an interesting run to 2019.

Cheers, Doc

Yes congress trying to prop us casteism and divide society to defeat BJPs efforts to unite them must be BJPs fault in your brain.

Yes congress trying to prop us casteism and divide society to defeat BJPs efforts to unite them must be BJPs fault in your brain.

You should read the article then.

Cause what is Hinduism without its castes?

You cannot choose one and not get the other gratis.

Cheers, Doc

@Notsuperstitious

So per you, its OK to polarize the country into Hindu and non Hindu satta banaye rakhne ke liye.

But cry shrilly when internal cleavage planes are leveraged against you?

Cheers, Doc

You should read the article then.

Cause what is Hinduism without its castes?

You cannot choose one and not get the other gratis.

Cheers, Doc

You dont teach me Hinduism. I dont follow castes. Also Hindus can not or should not unite because there are castes looks like some missionary logic. The essense of BJPs efforts is to unite all Hindu castes. That is not ideal if that excludes other religions. But congressi efforts to divide on castes AND religion is way worse and their OWN fault. Only a warped brain with blame others for congress's sordid politics that has kept us poor and uneducated even after 70 years.

@Notsuperstitious

So per you, its OK to polarize the country into Hindu and non Hindu satta banaye rakhne ke liye.

But cry shrilly when internal cleavage planes are leveraged against you?

Cheers, Doc

No it is not OK to use religion. But before BJP was even formed churches and bukharis were issuing fatwas for congress, yes? Muslim league was a legit partner for congress yes?

So all I am saying is dont blame BJP for congress's dirty politics.

You dont teach me Hinduism. I dont follow castes. Also Hindus can not or should not unite because there are castes looks like some missionary logic. The essense of BJPs efforts is to unite all Hindu castes. That is not ideal if that excludes other religions. But congressi efforts to divide on castes AND religion is way worse and their OWN fault. Only a warped brain with blame others for congress's sordid politics that has kept us poor and uneducated even after 70 years.

Who is poor and uneducated? Are you? I'm not ...

I'm asking you a simple question.

If you want to build your power on the plinth of Hinduism, then you have to accept that "Hindu" has never for many thousands of years been a single homogenous entity.

If anything, Hindutva is the Abrahamic mirror image of Hinduism pet the twisted ideology of the sangh.

In.effect they have modeled their ideology around what they profess to most hate.

How ironic is that?

Cheers, Doc