Indian Railways Junction

A circular has been sent to all Locomotive sheds to phase out diesel electric locos if they are 30 years or above.

(Earlier it was after around 15 years after POH of Locomotive or certain amount of kilometers, whichever occured first. It meant around 35-37 years of service. )

A lot of Alco series in WDM2/2R and WDM3A will be laid off soon.

Locos with fit structure would be sent for a repair and refit and turned into shunting Locomotive.

• Informative
Reactions: _Anonymous_
A circular has been sent to all Locomotive sheds to phase out diesel electric locos if they are 30 years or above.

(Earlier it was after around 15 years after POH of Locomotive or certain amount of kilometers, whichever occured first. It meant around 35-37 years of service. )

A lot of Alco series in WDM2/2R and WDM3A will be laid off soon.

Locos with fit structure would be sent for a repair and refit and turned into shunting Locomotive.
I've read that the push-pull configuration will be made standard across the entire freight train fleet. Any truth to that ? Is it just freight trains or passenger trains too ?

I've read that the push-pull configuration will be made standard across the entire freight train fleet. Any truth to that ? Is it just freight trains or passenger trains too ?
Push pull configurations are being tested for sure. Testings have been conducted since 2012 maybe, failed, again tested, again nothing, and now again testings are on. Lets see.

For freight its Multiple Unit Coupling.
Sometimes 2 freight trains are joined, there you can see 2-3 Locomotives at front and then 1-2 in the middle. But no push pull there.

For freight its Multiple Unit Coupling.
Sometimes 2 freight trains are joined, there you can see 2-3 Locomotives at front and then 1-2 in the middle. But no push pull there.
Oh so it for passenger trains ?
shunting Locomotive.
I think you explained this before,but I'll ask again. Sorry.
What's a shunting loco ? How does it vary from regular loco ? where will it be used ?

Oh so it for passenger trains ?

I think you explained this before,but I'll ask again. Sorry.
What's a shunting loco ? How does it vary from regular loco ? where will it be used ?
High priority trains like humsafar, Rajdhani and shatabdi.

Shunting Locomotives are used to carry rake from shed to platform and vice versa, assemble the freight rake, carry dead MEMU trains, or push pull anything around a yard or railway station as and when needed. They are usually derated to 1600-1800hp. They have modified gear assembly to pull very heavy loads at slow controlled speed consistently.

Another news for Mumbai guys. 2020 is the deadline to convert all slow 12 coach locals on western line to 15 coach.

Gandhinagar Railway Station Redevelopment Project :

1567430553382.png

Bio-toilets are environment-friendly and restrict waste discharge onto the tracks, enhancing the overall travel experience of passengers. Last week 1,369 Bio-toilets were installed, raising the total number to 2,20,328 in 61,515 coaches.

1567794260323.png

When the manufacturing of Train 18 itself is suspended and we've no clue if it's successors would follow, what's Modi bragging about?
From the article :

"According to officials quoted in an HT report, earlier this year, the production of these self-propelled engine-less train sets was stopped over allegations of favoritism and lack of transparency. But after Railway Minister Piyush Goyal’s intervention, the Railway Board has started the new tendering process for resuming the production of Vande Bharat Express trains. A tender is likely to be out by the month of October for the propulsion system of the trains."

One month from now. Let's give it some time.