Israel-Hamas Conflict: Updates & Discussions

The use of JDAM bombs by Israeli F-16 aircraft in the Gaza Strip. The Israel Defense Forces declared the Gaza Strip a closed military zone and began striking Hamas units and the Islamic Jihad group in the Gaza Strip. The video shows a US-made Israeli F-16I aircraft preparing for takeoff, with JDAMs mounted on the aircraft. After being dropped, the bomb opens its wings and flies towards the target. According to the latest data, the Israeli Army hit 10 Hamas targets in the Gaza Strip, including the Hamas intelligence headquarters. The UN said that more than twenty thousand residents of the Gaza Strip were forced to leave their homes.

@randomradio what is so special about jdam over their own spice series?

what is surprising here, thats how they have operated for centuries. They keep relentlessly attacking , even after suffering defeat. Israel can wipe these ppl out but a new bunch will crop up in surrounding cntries and the cycle will restart again. Things may look ok for israel now but it may not stay the same in future unless their population increases manifold.

They seem to think 'feeling' is an actual strategic objective.

This is a surprise... not!!!

Hamas slaughtered as usual.
Terrorists tactics are hit & run, bombing blasts....etc
If morons think they can hold the ground & defend , then they will know the difference between full fledged army & one time wonders.

Wonder which idiot had the idea of confronting a equipped military on a flat desert land with no protection.

• Agree
Reactions: TARGET
Terrorists tactics are hit & run, bombing blasts....etc
If morons think they can hold the ground & defend , then they will know the difference between full fledged army & one time wonders.

Wonder which idiot had the idea of confronting a equipped military on a flat desert land with no protection.

The result of getting carried away.

This is probably the biggest intelligence failure on Mossad's part in their history. The level of surprise achieved by Hamas is worse than what India witnessed in Kargil.

Have they gone woke or something?
If you think this was an intel failure I got a bridge to sell to you.

You telling me the most secure border if not one of the most secured got penetrated without Israel knowing?

BB government knew this was coming. BB was in political death row with the nation divided and Iran/hezbollah threat becoming greater so what a way to kill 2-3 birds in on go, eh? The logistic footprint to pull this off was massive. BB and his government knew they would have to take it on the chin at first in order to settle all scores so called "final solution" to the hamas, hezbo and Iran problem. I think BB government didn't expect it to be this bad/out of control. He has absolute power now and the government is united behind BB he can now take off the gloves.

You telling me the most secure border if not one of the most secured got penetrated without Israel knowing?

BB government knew this was coming. BB was in political death row with the nation divided and Iran/hezbollah threat becoming greater so what a way to kill 2-3 birds in on go, eh? The logistic footprint to pull this off was massive. BB and his government knew they would have to take it on the chin at first in order to settle all scores so called "final solution" to the hamas, hezbo and Iran problem. I think BB government didn't expect it to be this bad/out of control. He has absolute power now and the government is united behind BB he can now take off the gloves.
Indeed. I'm wondering since yesterday If that could be a good explanation.
But we won't never have confirmation on this.

The only end to this problem, is expansion of Israel into the Gaza strip completely. Officially make it clear, it will no longer be part of the State of Palestine.

Reactions: Rajput Lion

Yes. When it comes to terrorism, it happens quite frequently. The Taliban constantly showed this with larger numbers. It's all 'cause most individuals involved are only told of the plan in the last moment. The same with the Russian invasion, soldiers coming out saying they didn't know they were going to war and so on. So you can imagine only about 100 people or so knew the plan and they led the invasion into Israel with the rest just doing as they are told.

Even if Israel knew it was coming, they wouldn't have allowed such a massive degradation of the frontline, they would have prepared for it with reserves at the very least. But, no, even important bases fell into their hands, the Hamas has even gained control over many armored vehicles. They would have prepared for those ridiculous gliders as well. Just 1 or 2 gunships would have done the trick.

You can see based on circumstantial evidence alone that Israel did not know the attack was coming.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
Yes. When it comes to terrorism, it happens quite frequently. The Taliban constantly showed this with larger numbers. It's all 'cause most individuals involved are only told of the plan in the last moment. The same with the Russian invasion, soldiers coming out saying they didn't know they were going to war and so on. So you can imagine only about 100 people or so knew the plan and they led the invasion into Israel with the rest just doing as they are told.

Even if Israel knew it was coming, they wouldn't have allowed such a massive degradation of the frontline, they would have prepared for it with reserves at the very least. But, no, even important bases fell into their hands, the Hamas has even gained control over many armored vehicles. They would have prepared for those ridiculous gliders as well. Just 1 or 2 gunships would have done the trick.

You can see based on circumstantial evidence alone that Israel did not know the attack was coming.
Agreed, surprise attacks are very hard to counter, few systems operate on a 24 hour alert status, the exceptions being something like NORAD etc.

Too many people.
Does not matter. If a return to normalcy is required, it will need taking over Gaza. The entire problem now is due to the recognition of Gaza as part of the Palestine State. Unless you break that, there can be no lasting peace.

Take Jerusalem over completely. Integrate Gaza as Israeli territory. There is no other long lasting solution. Iran and Qatar will not stop supporting the terrorists, until the room of that space is destroyed. Either the Palestinians move to West Bank or they accept the rule of the Israelis. There is no alternative.

• Agree
Reactions: D68 and Rajput Lion