Jammu & Kashmir live updates: GOI remove all provisions of Article 370

I'm surprised that China is willing to burn its diplomatic bridge with India for Pakistan. It's decision to take up kashmir in a closed door consultation, really didn't achieve anything significant diplomatically, but may have set back its ties with India for good. India is well within its right to seek a consultation behind closed doors on Hong Kong in the SC.

I'm surprised that China is willing to burn its diplomatic bridge with India for Pakistan. It's decision to take up kashmir in a closed door consultation, really didn't achieve anything significant diplomatically, but may have set back its ties with India for good. India is well within its right to seek a consultation behind closed doors on Hong Kong in the SC.
If china looses Pakistan, it is not the CPEC but the entire Central Asia and ME Asia is what they will loose. They will in addition have a nation with longest land boundary with them who will have no other enemy. The full might of Indian Armed forces will be available against China. This will effectively bottle them up and all their expansion plans will go for a toss.

If china looses Pakistan, it is not the CPEC but the entire Central Asia and ME Asia is what they will loose. They will in addition have a nation with longest land boundary with them who will have no other enemy. The full might of Indian Armed forces will be available against China. This will effectively bottle them up and all their expansion plans will go for a toss.

Pakistan can sell Gilgit-Baltistan to China to prevent this.Just like Trans-Karakoram pact

I'm sure China was invested in pakistan in the past, but at least overtly they tried maintain neutrality between India and Pakistan. It seems now they want to be seen opposing India quite openly. May be Chinese consider more of a threat than we are being let on.

Ghafoor is now copying India and saying - Forget PoK time has come for freedom of JnK. On the same day his army lost 7 guys. Someday I want a team of doctors to analyze him, document it’s findings for future generations

Ghafoor is now copying India and saying - Forget PoK time has come for freedom of JnK. On the same day his army lost 7 guys. Someday I want a team of doctors to analyze him, document it’s findings for future generations

Either he has gone mad, or PA is planning to declare War.

Either he has gone mad, or PA is planning to declare War.

Brinkmanship. That’s all. The plan is to keep the pot simmering but not allowing it to come to boil.

This exercise is to make the world sit up and notice. Next Monday when curfew is lifted and phones get working will be the real test. If we pull off a peaceful Kashmir their strategy will fail.

If they succeed in getting mass disturbances then they will go full out international blitz and work to build up international pressure.

Pakistan is the vile hyena circling the lion’s kill. Always probing screaming but not risking a fight where it gets hurt badly.

Au contraire, China did exactly as was expected. It has hedged its bets carefully. By speaking on behalf of Pakistan, it has displayed the necessary 'solidarity' and insured its CPEC project while at the same time, by undertaking the process at UN, it took the calculated route of knowing the US, UK, France, Russia will call it a bilateral affair and strike it down. This was merely an exercise of optics.

The Indian indifference to the whole affair indicates that the Chinese may have hinted their position to India and one can take into consideration that news of two days back wherein it was reported that China is looking for an early resolution to the boundary issue.

Okay some unconfirmed news updates discussed partially with @nair

We have made the opposing side vacate more points along Uri-Tangdhar and now operations are ongoing along Poonch-Mendhar to 'modify' the 'tactical' situation so that we can better dominate the area. Reports of few local unit level incursions into POJ&K to 'incentivize' vacation of forward posts by Pakistan Army, are being received. Details not clear, sorry.

Casualties on Pakistani side are reported to have been heavy, a spike in official reporting will be seen in next week, seeing the trend. Own casualties are reportedly 1 KIA plus couple lightly wounded with at least one seriously injured. Not sure about the exact figures, but relatively light keeping in mind the magnitude and scope of operations. Ingress were well executed and exfil was always to be a hot issue.

Okay some unconfirmed news updates discussed partially with @nair

We have made the opposing side vacate more points along Uri-Tangdhar and now operations are ongoing along Poonch-Mendhar to 'modify' the 'tactical' situation so that we can better dominate the area. Reports of few local unit level incursions into POJ&K to 'incentivize' vacation of forward posts by Pakistan Army, are being received. Details not clear, sorry.

Casualties on Pakistani side are reported to have been heavy, a spike in official reporting will be seen in next week, seeing the trend. Own casualties are reportedly 1 KIA plus couple lightly wounded with at least one seriously injured. Not sure about the exact figures, but relatively light keeping in mind the magnitude and scope of operations. Ingress were well executed and exfil was always to be a hot issue.
Seems they want to bypass Hajipir and than circle it from behind with better ground positions.