LCA Tejas Mk1 & Mk1A - News and discussions

Which will be the First day First Show or First Hour Aircraft
My guess is if PAF strike first, then the interceptors Mig 21 and Tejas.

If the IAF strike first, it would probably be the SU30 to take care of the pak interceptors while the Rafales follow to engage the second wave and deliver the PGMs. of course the m2k would be able to do this too.

Reactions: STEPHEN COHEN
As far as I have understood Air Combat
First AWACs and DA 20 EW took position On Feb 27

Because they are slow moving and Bulky

Then F 16 , JF 17s and Mirages took off
From Various bases to create strike packages and decoy packages which feigned an attack in Punjab and Rajasthan

So if we see an AWACS and DA 20 in position why not scramble Rafale and let off a Meteor

Make.them RUN away :ROFLMAO:

Seeing a Rafale poised to strike their formation will not get into firing positions

As far as I have understood Air Combat
First AWACs and DA 20 EW took position On Feb 27

Because they are slow moving and Bulky

Then F 16 , JF 17s and Mirages took off
From Various bases to create strike packages and decoy packages which feigned an attack in Punjab and Rajasthan

So if we see an AWACS and DA 20 in position why not scramble Rafale and let off a Meteor

Make.them RUN away :ROFLMAO:

Seeing a Rafale poised to strike their formation will not get into firing positions

Once we have the Meteor in our inventory and its a weapons free scenario, the AWACS will be fair game. Actually thats one of my worries. India has very few AWACS and if one goes down to enemy fire, we will be severly impacted given our vast airspace. We urgently need at least one full squadron of Awacs with a 360 degree radome, the Netras will be supplementary to them.

My guess is if PAF strike first, then the interceptors Mig 21 and Tejas.

If the IAF strike first, it would probably be the SU30 to take care of the pak interceptors while the Rafales follow to engage the second wave and deliver the PGMs. of course the m2k would be able to do this too.

MIG 21 and Tejas are for 24 / 7 CAPs

A mixed package of Rafale and Jaguars
,Su 30 and Jaguars -- Can start the proceedings from our side

We will have to first take out LY 80s SAM
Sites -- no matter what

Once we have the Meteor in our inventory and its a weapons free scenario, the AWACS will be fair game. Actually thats one of my worries. India has very few AWACS and if one goes down to enemy fire, we will be severly impacted given our vast airspace. We urgently need at least one full squadron of Awacs with a 360 degree radome, the Netras will be supplementary to them.

S 400 and Rafale -- TOGETHER will create the Air Superiority that we will need

MIG 21 and Tejas are for 24 / 7 CAPs

A mixed package of Rafale and Jaguars
,Su 30 and Jaguars -- Can start the proceedings from our side

We will have to first take out LY 80s SAM
Sites -- no matter what

we are forgetting a crucial weapon in our arsenal. the Brahmos. My guess is that in an all our war we may first see a salvo of Bharmos to take out the Pak radars and AAD. then the strike packages will move in with the Bison and Tejas poised to intercept. I doubt they will be doing too much cap given their limited range, although the Tejas does have AAR now. Cap may mostly be the Mig 29s.

But all this is speculation by us armchair planners. who knows whats gonna be the game plan in a real life scenario

Reactions: STEPHEN COHEN
None of them has MAWS but they all have somekind of SPJs either pod mounted or carried internally post the upgrade.

Mig-29UPG, M2000UPG and Jaguar DARIN III have internal ECM capability. Mk1A will carry an Israeli pod. MKI will come with the new pod made by DARE.

Mig-29UPG, M2000UPG and Jaguar DARIN III have internal ECM capability. Mk1A will carry an Israeli pod. MKI will come with the new pod made by DARE.
Mig-29K and UPG have internal ASPJs. I am not sure about Darin-3 and upgraded M2K. They seems to have pod mounted jammers. They always had ESM and RWR.
But none of the M2K are on forward bases. So how does that work. From what I know M2Ks will primarily be used as strike packages with su30 giving cover.
Their Op Location is forward bases.

Mig-29K and UPG have internal ASPJs. I am not sure about Darin-3 and upgraded M2K. They seems to have pod mounted jammers. They always had ESM and RWR.

Mig-29K comes with the old Tarang + Elta jammer kit. Not sure about the internal jammer.

M2000 has ICMS Mk3, it has an internal jammer.

Jaguar DARIN III will come with DARE's RWJ, which has an internal jammer. LCA Mk1, Jaguar DARIN III and Mig-29UPG actually have the same EW suite. LCA Mk1 lacks the internal jammer due to space constraints, but the other two have it.

None of them has MAWS but they all have somekind of SPJs either pod mounted or carried internally post the upgrade.

Does any Pak AC got MAWS?

Will SPJs enough for IR guided short range missiles? (I believe MAWS is mainly for IR missiles as RWR will some what help against radar based BVRs, correct me if im wrong)

Does any Pak AC got MAWS?

Will SPJs enough for IR guided short range missiles? (I believe MAWS is mainly for IR missiles as RWR will some what help against radar based BVRs, correct me if im wrong)
MAWS are for every missile type. RWR is for RF seeker missiles. Even IR missiles can be picked up by MAWS and warning given easily including time to impact. PAF F-16 blk 52 have MAWS.