LCA Tejas Mk1 & Mk1A - News and discussions

Alan Warnes, that joker.
On the flipside, I was reading/watching someone's interview who was pissed at Indian Brass's psychotic averseness to defence journalists on letting me close to Indian systems. That indeed should change.

I agree, there should be some relaxation on opening up to the public. But it's the bureaucrats who are afraid.

Indian or foreign this interviewee ?
both...
Asians are pre-disposed to attach more credibility to white people, unfortunately. The pliability of Indian "Journalists" doesn't help either.

both...
Asians are pre-disposed to attach more credibility to white people, unfortunately. The pliability of Indian "Journalists" doesn't help either.
I think the military has opened up significantly more now than ever before. Look at the likes of Shiv Aroor, Anantha M., Sandeep U, et al reporting on various acquisitions and exercises. The photos and videos clearly reveal they have access. Though I do believe access will not be easy to get initially for a new bloke, but once he/she is cleared they stay cleared.

The access journalism in defence reminds me of the same in politics. Essentially, allow us access, take us on foreign tours and pamper us or we will write bad things about you. As such I cannot sympathize with anyone complaining of lack of access.

both...
But have u seen any journalist getting access to any military chief like Warnes gets with PAF chief? I havent..

I think the military has opened up significantly more now than ever before. Look at the likes of Shiv Aroor, Anantha M., Sandeep U, et al reporting on various acquisitions and exercises. The photos and videos clearly reveal they have access. Though I do believe access will not be easy to get initially for a new bloke, but once he/she is cleared they stay cleared.

The access journalism in defence reminds me of the same in politics. Essentially, allow us access, take us on foreign tours and pamper us or we will write bad things about you. As such I cannot sympathize with anyone complaining of lack of access.

The amount of access they get is very limited.
But have u seen any journalist getting access to any military chief like Warnes gets with PAF chief? I havent..

For interviews and stuff, yes we do. But Alan Warnes type access to the PAF Chief is available only to those who already work for PAF. ;)

Our journalists are not like that. Our military is also not interested in such journalists. It's only useful for pointless propaganda aimed at one's own population.

Reactions: Golden_Rule
The amount of access they get is very limited.

For interviews and stuff, yes we do. But Alan Warnes type access to the PAF Chief is available only to those who already work for PAF. ;)

Our journalists are not like that. Our military is also not interested in such journalists. It's only useful for pointless propaganda aimed at one's own population.
National Geographic, Discovery, History they have full access to the DoD, US Army, Navy AF, and Marine Corp.

With the advent of Major Arya and likes, it looks like the brass is warming up to the Idea. Journalists like Shukla, Either did the suppliers bidding, or went on their personal vendetta by cutting their legs right under them.

National Geographic, Discovery, History they have full access to the DoD, US Army, Navy AF, and Marine Corp.

With the advent of Major Arya and likes, it looks like the brass is warming up to the Idea. Journalists like Shukla, Either did the suppliers bidding, or went on their personal vendetta by cutting their legs right under them.

The military is also interested in gaining access to the media, but I don't think the bureaucracy will budge until most of our internal security problems are taken care of first. The govt doesn't want the military talking to the public. And this also stems from the irrational paranoia of the military taking over, which has existed since independence.

Aesa equipped fighters will be the game changers..

With Jaguar & Rafale, we are ahead of Pakistan..

With Mk1A, we ll leave PAF in dust.

With Su 30 MKI upg, S400.. PAF will have thier own DGISPR

• Agree
Reactions: Ankit Kumar

AESA is not good enough alone. We need all aircrafts either having AESA or Doppler or PESA to have capability to track multiple targets and engage multiple again in a networked battlefield. We need good number of AWACS to provide continued on station capability, more number of air refueling planes to provide the aircrafts with extended time on station. We need effective self protection suites for all our aircrafts, having the most modern MAWS/RWR combo, we need to have effective A2A missiles in large numbers (R73 and Astra will be the workhorse) , we need good number of our fighters to have enhanced passive detection capabilities. And finally a multi layer air defence.

We have plans for all, but funds and lethargic work culture....

Reactions: Sathya

Wow some questions
1. Does AESA radars are kept On in scanning mode through out the mission profile inside enemy air space.
2. Are we going to deploy Rafale in forward base of Info Pak border.
3. Does our MK1A, MKI, Jaguar, Mirage 2K, Mig29 all have MAWS and Internal Jammer, SDR.
4. What is the increase of percentage of chances of surviving in multi aircrafts A2A skimish/ battle with AESA MMR over Pulse Dopler MMR.
5. Do you think Rafale will beat the hell out of PAF supported by AEW, Ground Air defence over Pakistani airspace without AWAAC support.
6. Does the French supplied Rafale to IAF would have threat library for detection and counter defence system for Radar, RWR, Spectra and other sensors and will update it for IAF against PAF and PLAF all Combat aircrafts assets and Adams.

Thanks in Advance for enlightenment.

Wow some questions
1. Does AESA radars are kept On in scanning mode through out the mission profile inside enemy air space.
3. Does our MK1A, MKI, Jaguar, Mirage 2K, Mig29 all have MAWS and Internal Jammer, SDR.
4. What is the increase of percentage of chances of surviving in multi aircrafts A2A skimish/ battle with AESA MMR over Pulse Dopler MMR.
5. Do you think Rafale will beat the hell out of PAF supported by AEW, Ground Air defence over Pakistani airspace without AWAAC support.
6. Does the French supplied Rafale to IAF would have threat library for detection and counter defence system for Radar, RWR, Spectra and other sensors and will update it for IAF against PAF and PLAF all Combat aircrafts assets and Adams.

Both you and I know, you are more knowledgeable wrt to defense or radars in particular.
Feel free to share your views.
No necessity to be sarcastic.

Wow some questions

Sir , please Answer ALL of these questions , that you yourself have raised

Reactions: _Anonymous_
Wow some questions

So many experts here, yet no one taking these questions, will someone answer !!! Why don't you share yours opinion about your own questions sir.

The radars are kept on hot stand by when under AWACS or GCI control. In case of deep fighter sweeps, the radars are kept on.

Yes. They will be first day, second show aircraft.

None of them has MAWS but they all have somekind of SPJs either pod mounted or carried internally post the upgrade.

You get better battle picture with AESA MMR compared to PD MMR as they are nearly jam proof and give much better multi target shoot capability with interleaved operations.

Rafale is not a stealth aircraft. But its EW systems are so capable that it is nearly impossible to shoot it down using anykind of RF seeker based missile. This gives it a huge advantage as it carries BVR IIR missiles. Its like you can see me, aim at me, shoot at me but you can't hit me while I will shoot you down with eyes closed. Such are the passive targeting capabilities of Rafale.

Threat libraries are like battle tactics. No one shares their data with anyone unless you are operating together as a team in a battle. IAF will need to create its own database and upload it to the threat libraray of Rafale. We already have such threat library available.