LCA Tejas Mk1 & Mk1A - News and discussions

1553327657763.png
1553327674124.png

From LIMA 2019

Reactions: Sancho and Pundrick
The print published yesterday 10 waiver s given in FoC for Mk1 , while we landed at LIMA ..

Whata timing for self goal.

sp-15 flight tested. according to this guy, HAL completed all its promises to give 16 aircraft before march 2019

There are 2 major problems w.r.t. LCA and Malaysian Hawk replacement program.

1. Use of Israeli Radar , Israeli BVR on LCA.
2. Design of twin seater still not frozen.

I think @randomradio commented on this. By the time of the RFP which maybe a good 4-5 years down the line, we'd have our indigenous solutions ready to offer them to the Malaysians and other interested parties.

I think @randomradio commented on this. By the time of the RFP which maybe a good 4-5 years down the line, we'd have our indigenous solutions ready to offer them to the Malaysians and other interested parties.
Guys, do you really think Tejas can compete in the tender with the current production rates ? I don't mean to be a hater but I don't think we can survive the competition.

Meanwhile, some good news, the fine folks at BRF are doing a proverbial lungi dance over Tejas production this year. "4 out of 8 Tejas to be produced this year are already flying and its not even 31st March yet" - says poster "Rakesh". I concede, I don't know much about yearly production rates of Tejas, but if that is true, this is fantastic news. 50% work done with in the first 3 months, at this rate they might just overshoot production targets.

Guys, do you really think Tejas can compete in the tender with the current production rates ? I don't mean to be a hater but I don't think we can survive the competition.

Meanwhile, some good news, the fine folks at BRF are doing a proverbial lungi dance over Tejas production this year. "4 out of 8 Tejas to be produced this year are already flying and its not even 31st March yet" - says poster "Rakesh". I concede, I don't know much about yearly production rates of Tejas, but if that is true, this is fantastic news. 50% work done with in the first 3 months, at this rate they might just overshoot production targets.

Tejas production rate will be improved to 24+ jets a year in the next few years.

All 16 jets of the first squadron are already flying. From October this year, HAL will begin delivery of the 2nd squadron.

There more problems

- Malaysia has major budget problems
- they combine the trainer replacement, with the addition for low cost combat capability

=>

- LCA is not cost-effective with such low order numbers
- LCA is designed to be a fighter not a trainer replacement

The lack of capability, in this case might not even be a problem, since they might not be able to afford multi role fighters.

Tejas production rate will be improved to 24+ jets a year in the next few years.

All 16 jets of the first squadron are already flying. From October this year, HAL will begin delivery of the 2nd squadron.
It will be 16 till they get order for MWF. There is not even a iota of doubt here.

I know it's the in thing to do HAL bashing and it's so called slow production rate, but would just like to point out, HAL is unmatched when it comes to manufacturing, once it's lines matures, it churns out a/c's at a pretty rapid rate, At peak production we churned out 49 Mig21's in a year; also ALH was delivered before schedule, and not one or two but 30 Helis were built before schedule for the Army and the IAF. Once LCA line is setup and adequate VSA;s happen, production volume will more than double for HAL.

1. French solutions can be looked into along with Swedish & Italian if ours is not developed/matured by then. Sufficient time for testing and integration?