LCA Tejas Mk1 & Mk1A - News and discussions

Article in Irdw says Hal hinting ELTA for mk1A will be of higher derivative..

Are they indirectly indicating the comparison happened between ELTA 2052 vs Uttam is between the elta 2052 of Jaguar with small antenna and Uttam with big antenna in Tejas..

Man it's getting complicated.
What are the specifications of ELTA 2052 in Jaguar darin III?

Gorgeous shot of an LCA Tejas from the IAF’s 45 ‘Flying Daggers’ squadron at today’s flypast rehearsal over Hindon ahead of tomorrow’s Air Force Day parade.

1570457358765.png

Reactions: m_itsme
For that first parasites reservation quota Chaap employees of HAL have to end their strike and work religiously and truthfully for the salary they get which comes from tax payers money. Only then you can expect anything worth while coming from parasite DPiSU HAL....:mad::mad:
Though employees of HAL and all the incompetent schmucks of DPSUs go on an indefinite strike, this is the right opportunity to sell these entities to private firms like Tata, Reliance, Kalyani, Adani, L&T etc and use em for production of these components. Even for the Tejas, HAL is only an integrator while most of the components are outsourced to Indian or foreign firms which shows there isn't much learning curve for these new private firms to go through. Infact, Tata already has experience building aircraft/rotary wing components for Boeing, Sikorsky & LM

Deal with HAL for 83 Tejas Light Combat Aircraft soon: Indian Air Force

1 min read . Updated: 22 Oct 2019, 11:33 PM IST IANS
  • In a previous order, the IAF had signed a deal with the HAL for 40 Tejas LCAs
  • So far, around 18 LCAs have been delivered to the IAF from this order
16ea1baa6b5c464ab9ff94fc62e5102b-16ea1baa6b5c464ab9ff94fc62e5102b-0_1550671894288_1571767331234.jpg

In December 2017, the IAF had issued a single-vendor tender to the HAL for procuring 83 LCA. (PTI)

NEW DELHI : The Indian Air Force (IAF) is likely to sign a deal with Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) for acquiring 83 Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) as negotiations over the price of the fighter jets are almost done, defence sources said here on Tuesday.

In December 2017, the IAF had issued a single-vendor tender to the HAL for procuring 83 LCA. However, the deal is yet to be signed owing to delay in negotiations over the price of the aircraft.

"The cost negotiating committee is almost finished with the price negotiations of the aircraft. Once it is done, IAF will enter into a deal with the HAL," a senior IAF official told IANS.

As per sources, the deal for 83 Tejas LCA, which are of the Mark 1A variant, is expected to cost the IAF in the range of ₹45,000 crore. The aircraft will have improved serviceability, faster weapon-loading time, enhanced survivability, a better electronic warfare suite and Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar that will significantly enhance its capability.

The Centre for Military Airworthiness and Certification (CEMILAC) had provided the Final Operational Clearance to the Tejas LCA earlier this year, certifying it as a multi-role fighter with capabilities including beyond visual range air-to-air and air-to-ground attack capabilities as well as longer endurance through mid-air refuelling.

In a previous order, the IAF had signed a deal with the HAL for 40 Tejas LCAs. So far, around 18 LCAs have been delivered to the IAF from this order.

India, at present, has a shortfall of around 10-12 squadrons of fighter jets in its inventory even as the first four of the 36 Rafale multi-role aircraft are scheduled to arrive into the country by May next year. At the formal receiving ceremony of the first Rafale jet in France on Dussehra this year, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh had said that the full consignment of 36 aircraft will arrive in India by the year 2022.

"India will receive the first 18 Rafale jets by February 2021. By April-May 2022 we will receive all 36 jets," Rajnath Singh had said.

1 min read . Updated: 22 Oct 2019, 11:33 PM IST IANS
  • In a previous order, the IAF had signed a deal with the HAL for 40 Tejas LCAs
  • So far, around 18 LCAs have been delivered to the IAF from this order
16ea1baa6b5c464ab9ff94fc62e5102b-16ea1baa6b5c464ab9ff94fc62e5102b-0_1550671894288_1571767331234.jpg

In December 2017, the IAF had issued a single-vendor tender to the HAL for procuring 83 LCA. (PTI)

NEW DELHI : The Indian Air Force (IAF) is likely to sign a deal with Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) for acquiring 83 Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) as negotiations over the price of the fighter jets are almost done, defence sources said here on Tuesday.

In December 2017, the IAF had issued a single-vendor tender to the HAL for procuring 83 LCA. However, the deal is yet to be signed owing to delay in negotiations over the price of the aircraft.

"The cost negotiating committee is almost finished with the price negotiations of the aircraft. Once it is done, IAF will enter into a deal with the HAL," a senior IAF official told IANS.

As per sources, the deal for 83 Tejas LCA, which are of the Mark 1A variant, is expected to cost the IAF in the range of ₹45,000 crore. The aircraft will have improved serviceability, faster weapon-loading time, enhanced survivability, a better electronic warfare suite and Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar that will significantly enhance its capability.

The Centre for Military Airworthiness and Certification (CEMILAC) had provided the Final Operational Clearance to the Tejas LCA earlier this year, certifying it as a multi-role fighter with capabilities including beyond visual range air-to-air and air-to-ground attack capabilities as well as longer endurance through mid-air refuelling.

In a previous order, the IAF had signed a deal with the HAL for 40 Tejas LCAs. So far, around 18 LCAs have been delivered to the IAF from this order.

India, at present, has a shortfall of around 10-12 squadrons of fighter jets in its inventory even as the first four of the 36 Rafale multi-role aircraft are scheduled to arrive into the country by May next year. At the formal receiving ceremony of the first Rafale jet in France on Dussehra this year, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh had said that the full consignment of 36 aircraft will arrive in India by the year 2022.

"India will receive the first 18 Rafale jets by February 2021. By April-May 2022 we will receive all 36 jets," Rajnath Singh had said.

The word " Soon " Is Not defined in defense deals.

Even I have started using it when I don't know precisely when.

EXCLUSIVE : LCA-Tejas recently tested for faster turnaround – Indian Defence Research Wing
In 2015, when I had given presentation of my concept of LSA to DRDO, I had spoken about ease of maintainence of my design and how I wanted to ensure that the aircraft is able to maintain a high tempo sortie rate and yet be able to replace most big parts in record time. The DRDO at that did agree that they never considered this aspect at their design stage and kept a copy of my presentation which had many such suggestions. Over a period of time I have seen many of them being added to LCA even the distributed manufacturing process was my brain child which was forced down the throat of DRDO by Late Parikkar.

In 2015, when I had given presentation of my concept of LSA to DRDO, I had spoken about ease of maintainence of my design and how I wanted to ensure that the aircraft is able to maintain a high tempo sortie rate and yet be able to replace most big parts in record time. The DRDO at that did agree that they never considered this aspect at their design stage and kept a copy of my presentation which had many such suggestions. Over a period of time I have seen many of them being added to LCA even the distributed manufacturing process was my brain child which was forced down the throat of DRDO by Late Parikkar.

Distributed manufacturing as in sourcing parts from others??? That is good for speed but bad for cost (huge increase in cost). I read about how Elon Musk was able to make Tesla a success because they make 80% components inhouse and same for SpaceX, where they make 85% components inhouse, so no additive cost from different manufacturers.

P.S: I called it off with the girl, she was too aloof, and I decided marriage with her would be complicated.

What we need to do is throw out all the incompetant bafoons and leeches who do no job, remove unions, part privatise it, and maybe pass some law that companies have to donate their R&D and tech when it comes to nations security.

Anyways, indirectly, your ideas became contributed to the country, so mission accomplished!!

Distributed manufacturing as in sourcing parts from others??? That is good for speed but bad for cost (huge increase in cost). I read about how Elon Musk was able to make Tesla a success because they make 80% components inhouse and same for SpaceX, where they make 85% components inhouse, so no additive cost from different manufacturers.
That is correct but the speed of construction offers much higher return on the money and the money needed to set up your own manufactuting facilities is zero. When you do a cost analysis, you will find that distributed manufacturing process offers much higher returns and scaleability.

P.S: I called it off with the girl, she was too aloof, and I decided marriage with her would be complicated.
Finally you accepted my adivice. Good for you.

Reactions: CountryFirst
That is correct but the speed of construction offers much higher return on the money and the money needed to set up your own manufactuting facilities is zero. When you do a cost analysis, you will find that distributed manufacturing process offers much higher returns and scaleability.

Finally you accepted my adivice. Good for you.

Speed of construction picks up after the initial learning curve. Take off will be slow, but landing will be smooth. Scaling up and cost effectiveness is much better with in-house manufacturing (I'm not talking about the initial hurdles, but once the expertise is acquired). In areas that are lacking expertise that is too advanced, atleast do joint venture with an industrial expert by promising exclusive volume orders.