LOC Flare up: Related news and Discussions

Surgical strike 2.0: Swift cross-LoC raid by Indian Army shocks Pakistan
Troops cross LoC, surround enemy, blast IED and shoot targets in a flash; local units authorised to carry out such attacks if needed.

defaultauthor-img.gif

Ajit Kumar Dubey| Manjeet Singh Negi | Posted by Deepali Singh
New Delhi, December 27, 2017 | UPDATED 07:10 IST
Pakistani troops walking in the area triggered a massive IED explosion which stunned them for a few seconds.

Waiting for the Pakistanis to fall in their trap, the army commandos opened a barrage of fire with small arms which resulted in the instant death of three Pakistani personnel of 59 Baloch regiment while another died later because of injuries, the sources said.

The Pakistan fatalities include one major-rank officer and three soldiers named Sajjad, Abdul Rehman and Mohammad Usman, they added.

The operation came over a year after India's Para Special Forces had crossed over into Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir to destroy terrorist launch pads there.

Sources said the latest raid was carried out by the local brigade commander but the go-ahead had come from the topmost level of the army headquarters.

"The units involved in the operation had informed the headquarters that they were planning an operation on ground which would be carried out soon. The army headquarters in return instructed them to do it swiftly as Pakistanis would not be expecting a retaliatory action so soon by the Indian army," the sources said.

Generally, army troops retaliate to such actions by enemy after a week or 15 days when the situation cools down.

The enemy also gets more careful as it is expecting some action, they said.

"The fire assault at the enemy troops lasted for less than a couple of minutes as this was enough to complete the operation and the crack troops returned immediately," the sources said.

The Pakistanis had also trapped the Indian soldiers after planting an IED and, after it was triggered, they had fired at them as part of a cross-border action, said the sources.

Top government officials said the army chief has briefed Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharamanand National Security Adviser Ajit Doval in detail about the operation and the activities of Pakistani formations.

Sources said the operation has been carried out as Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the defence minister have given free hand to the army to retaliate in a manner it wants to in case it is under attack from the enemy.

"After the 2 Sikh troops were martyred by the Pakistanis, the government let the army plan and implement required retaliatory action without any interference in operational matters," the sources said.

They added that after the cross-border raids, all the formations along the loc have been asked to remain on high alert as the Pakistanis would also try to launch a counter-attack.

"All the units have been asked to maintain vigil and take all necessary precautions against any such Pakistani misadventure," they said.

On the incident in which four Indian soldiers were killed, sources said the visibility of troops from the other side of the loc changes with seasons and a soldier may not be visible at a certain location in monsoon rains from 30 metres away but could be spotted from a kilometre away in the winters.

"All these factors should be taken into account while patrolling along the LoC apart from the changing pattern of guarding the border to avoid the Pakistani bat action and inviting cross-border fire," officials said.

Sources said the coming days would be crucial to determine how the incident impacts the situation along the LoC and all Pakistani misadventures would be answered in equal measure.

Surgical strike 2.0: Swift cross-LoC raid by Indian Army shocks Pakistan

India planned cross-Line of Control strike soon after Pakistan violation: Blow-by-blow account
Action was taken within a day as soldiers crossed the Line of Control and killed four enemy troops.

defaultauthor-img.gif

Sudhi Ranjan Sen | Edited by Yusuf Begg
December 26, 2017 | UPDATED 17:05 IST
Indian troops killed at least four Pakistani soldiers .

India's move was in retaliation to Pakistan's cease-fire violation on Saturday. Here's a blow-by-blow account of what transpired on that eventful night:

* According to sources, a retaliatory strike was planned immediately after an officer and three soldiers were killed in a Border Action Team (BAT) operation in the Keri-Rajouri sector on December 24.

* The Indian Army was looking for a place which they dominated and the terrain favoured them.

* Rawalakot-Poonch sector was identified and soldiers-most likely special forces-sneaked across the LoC opposite Pakistan's Rakchoukri Post on the intervening night of December 24/25.

* The BAT group lay waiting for about 12 hours inside Pakistan.

* The team creeped close to the Pakistani post and was about 300 metres inside Pakistan.

* Using the cover of darkness BAT personnel laid explosives on the possible routes the Pakistani soldiers may use.

* At dusk on December 25th the explosives went off taking the Pakistani soldiers by surprise.

* Pakistani soldiers bunched up and tried to run away, making themselves easy targets for Indian Army to pick.

* The gun fight lasted for about 10-12 minutes.

* At least four Pakistani personnel were killed.

* In the ensuing commotion the BAT group crossed the LoC and returned to their base.

By killing the Pakistani soldiers India gave Pakistan a taste of its own medicine. On Saturday (December 23), Pakistani personnel targeted an Indian Army patrol at Brat Gallain Keri sector. Four soldiers were martyred.

The government has identified three of them. According to an army spokesperson: "Major Moharkar Prafulla Ambadas, Lance Naik Gurmail Singh and Sepoy Pargat Singh were grievously injured during the ceasefire violation and succumbed to injuries. Two other personnel also sustained injuries and are under medical treatment."

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...tan-retaliatory-operation-plan/1/1118002.html

@Falcon @bonbashi we will have a party here when I am free.

@Falcon I am not out of control, I am just reminding your your blind faith.

I normally party with my equals, sometimes, very seldom, with my students or my trainees. Of my trainees in software, whom I taught everything from testing onwards, one heads the back office operation of one of the largest international banks in the world, sitting in Hyderabad; another, from the same batch (1992?) is a GM + officer of WIPRO. I myself was head of a joint venture between a government undertaking and one of the four largest aerospace companies in the world. We absorbed the glass cockpit technology from Thales to apply it to Russian imports.

When you come to my level, let me know.

Today, I am an old man with nothing in his pocket. You are still not at my level.

Reactions: Srinivas
I normally party with my equals, sometimes, very seldom, with my students or my trainees. Of my trainees in software, whom I taught everything from testing onwards, one heads the back office operation of one of the largest international banks in the world, sitting in Hyderabad; another, from the same batch (1992?) is a GM + officer of WIPRO. I myself was head of a joint venture between a government undertaking and one of the four largest aerospace companies in the world. We absorbed the glass cockpit technology from Thales to apply it to Russian imports.

When you come to my level, let me know.

Today, I am an old man with nothing in his pocket. You are still not at my level.

100% Joe Shearer Confirmed. I had a doubt from the very beginning but I'm sure of it now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Srinivas
Madame.

A pin strike with polonium tipped pin from say, an ear ring, or a slice of tetrodotoxin (2 mg suffices) or even weaponised Paralytic Shellfish Toxin, would remain a primary concern.

Would that not be a justified action of a person accused of terrorism, caught with false documents proved to be forged and clearly being denied by India as being in employment of the Government of India?

There are statuettes that dictate the handling of a scout and a spy, the former being in military uniform and latter being in civil clothes, during wars, as per the Hague and Geneva Conventions of 1907 and 1909 ( I maybe wrong for the dates).. The latter case, that of a spy, is on 'thin ice' with respect to rights.

Similarly, for peacetime, while there are no explicit and clear legal treatises, the convention was summed up by Oppenheim in 1905 when he said:

"spies are secret agents of a State sent abroad for the purpose of obtaining clandestinely information in regard to military or political secrets. Although all States constantly or occasionally send spies abroad, and although it is neither morally nor politically and legally considered wrong to send spies, such agents have, of course, no recognized position whatever according to International Law, since they are not agents of States for their international relations "

If you were to take your attention to the last segment, '....since they are not agents of States for their International relations', that translates into 'non state actors', a term fashionable nowadays and quite frequently used by our neighbour to try and absolve itself of responsibility of acts carried out at it's behest.

In that case, what rights are extended to a 'non state actor' accused of waging a war against the host nation?

If we were to examine further, what are your views on the body cavity search conducted by our own troops in Kashmir in 90s and still undertaken for specific VIP screening, of people we call our own citizens?

I shall wait for your views here.

Despite an agreement that media won't be allowed close access to the visitors. Pakistan allowed Media to hound his Family:

Vehicle carrying mother & wife of Kulbhushan Jadhav not allowed to use porch. Vehicle stopped midway. They were made to walk without any purpose.

DR8lnTBUEAIA64Y.jpeg
DR8lrk-U8AAB2_5.jpeg

Also the world was looking at this meeting. He & His family were separated by the Glass Wall. There is/was no chance of Bollywood like stuff you've mentioned in your Post(s). His family was intentionally humiliated by Pakistan. You can try and give it as many spins you wish to.

They've kept Footwear of Jadhav's wife, getting it checked from Experts & might try to prove Bollywood Stuff at Next IJChearing. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Despite an agreement that media won't be allowed close access to the visitors. Pakistan allowed Media to hound his Family:

Vehicle carrying mother & wife of Kulbhushan Jadhav not allowed to use porch. Vehicle stopped midway. They were made to walk without any purpose.

View attachment 1087View attachment 1088

Also the world was looking at this meeting. He & His family were separated by the Glass Wall. There is/was no chance of Bollywood like stuff you've mentioned in your Post(s). His family was intentionally humiliated by Pakistan. You can try and give it as many spins you wish to.

They've kept Footwear of Jadhav's wife, getting it checked from Experts & might try to prove Bollywood Stuff at Next IJChearing. :ROFLMAO:

Madame.

Again, my inquiry.

Where was a private security arrangement by Indian Embassy as authorized legally to the ladies? Did the Indian embassy make any attempts at providing private security, even though it was expected that their security was at 'risk'? What are your views on that?

Or do you think that the Indian side was a deliberate set of goof ups who could not anticipate such an occurrence?

And if they were able to, does it not serve Indian purpose to allow the same to play out as has been witnessed?

As for the attempt at humor of 'Bollywood stuff', a common term used by our fanboys from the neighbouring country, I would suggest that you learn the technology available for surveillance/covert assassination and also toxicology.

It shall be enlightening. There is a reason that RF detectors are authorised at RR units as also most infantry units in J&K today, as also there remains a reason why the Indian Army had passed instructions to all formations over specifications for it's 'Ops Room' and Offices. Wonder why insistence on double layered low emissivity smoked glass?

Or is it just a case of "I am not aware, hence can not exist"? I am sure you would remain serious in your discussions and not bring in analogues of Bollywood next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: bonobashi
Madame.

Again, my inquiry.

Where was a private security arrangement by Indian Embassy as authorized legally to the ladies? Did the Indian embassy make any attempts at providing private security, even though it was expected that their security was at 'risk'? What are your views on that?

Or do you think that the Indian side was a deliberate set of goof ups who could not anticipate such an occurrence?

And if they were able to, does it not serve Indian purpose to allow the same to play out as has been witnessed?

As for the attempt at humor of 'Bollywood stuff', a common term used by our fanboys from the neighbouring country, I would suggest that you learn the technology available for surveillance/covert assassination and also toxicology.

It shall be enlightening. There is a reason that RF detectors are authorised at RR units as also most infantry units in J&K today, as also there remains a reason why the Indian Army had passed instructions to all formations over specifications for it's 'Ops Room' and Offices. Wonder why insistence on double layered low emissivity smoked glass?

Or is it just a case of "I am not aware, hence can not exist"? I am sure you would remain serious in your discussions and not bring in analogues of Bollywood next time.

Pakistan agreed to following:

1. Wife of Mr. Jadhav to travel along with her mother-in-law for the meeting.

2. Sovereign guarantees from the Government of Pakistan was sought to ensure the safety, security and wellbeing of the wife and mother of Mr. Jadhav.

3. They shall not be questioned, harassed or interrogated during their visit and stay in Pakistan.

4. A diplomat of the Indian High Commission in Islamabad shall be allowed to accompany them at all times, including during the meeting.

Pakistan did opposite & humiliated his Family/India.

International Court of Justice going to hear this case in coming(s) Week & World was keeping an eye on this event.

Government of India isn't Idiot to try & assassinate Jadhav while & put lives of his Family members in danger while they are in Pakistan. I reiterate with all seriousness, what you are suggesting can only happen in Bollywood Movies Or, at fanboys forum from the neighbouring country.

One needs to apply commonsense & don't need to learn about 'technology available for surveillance/covert assassination and also toxicology et at.' while discussing Jadhav's Family's situation.

• Agree
Reactions: Bali78
Pakistan agreed to following:

1. Wife of Mr. Jadhav to travel along with her mother-in-law for the meeting.

Madame.

Was it allowed?

2. Sovereign guarantees from the Government of Pakistan was sought to ensure the safety, security and wellbeing of the wife and mother of Mr. Jadhav.

Were they provided, was there a violation of the guarantees?

3. They shall not be questioned, harassed or interrogated during their visit and stay in Pakistan.

Were they questioned or interrogated? Did you hear the statement of Mrs. Swaraj in Parliament just now? She herself expressed the specific demand of India to keep away the media. Indicates what? That the Government of India was expecting this to occur. Can you elaborate on the steps undertaken by the Indian Consulate to extend the private security to them? Specifically address this query please. Do not ignore this aspect, as this aspect is very important to underline the failure on our own part to insulate ourselves and try to absolve ourselves of own mistakes.

4. A diplomat of the Indian High Commission in Islamabad shall be allowed to accompany them at all times, including during the meeting.

The Deputy High Commissioner did accompany them. Didn't he?

Pakistan did opposite & humiliated his Family/India.

That was expected by Government of India too. Was there, any anticipatory difference in ability of the government to take effective steps?

International Court of Justice going to hear this case in coming(s) Week & World was keeping an eye on this event.

And so they are. How does it play into the specific queries I am raising?

Government of India isn't Idiot to try & assassinate Jadhav while & put lives of his Family members in danger while they are in Pakistan. I reiterate with all seriousness, what you are suggesting can only happen in Bollywood Movies Or, at fanboys forum from the neighbouring country.

Madame. Again, if you do not know something, it does not mean it does not exist. Please understand that subdermal implants, hollowed dental implants and Capsule Endoscopes are quite real. There are also medicines which are named as "Retard" as they have slow dissolving coverings.

I assure you, this is the precise logic in our fanboy forum, good of you to exemplify it.

Elimination of Mr Jadhav leaves Pakistan with egg on it's face. The day you will understand the security implications of protecting him, you will be able to stop posting like a novice on security issues.

Recall that India spent a tremendous amount on securing Ajmal Kasab. Wonder why?

One needs to apply commonsense & don't need to learn about 'technology available for surveillance/covert assassination and also toxicology et at.' while discussing Jadhav's Family's situation.

I know, emotions rule when we need to re-examine our own selves.

Can you tell me the official statement of the Government of India over arrest of Mr Kulbhushan Jadhav in the initial stages? I shall await the answer.

• Agree
Reactions: bonobashi
@Falcon @bonbashi we will have a party here when I am free.

@Falcon I am not out of control, I am just reminding your your blind faith.

Sir.

Bravado and hot air notwithstanding, your ability to engage in a conversation in topics of defence matters is so limited that a deliberate 'mistake' yesterday by me, that of IAF use over Manipur (t was Mizoram), was also not picked up by you.

YOUR BLIND FAITH in your own ability (of stupidity galore) is apparent.

Have your party, glue?:D

The NSA talks in bangkok was supposed to be on Seize fire violations (speculated)..... If that was the case what did that talk achieve????? .....

The talks were about two things. Transit facility for Indian and Afghan trucks and solving J&K by going back to Security council resolutions. Pakistan is willing to give up POK thru this route provided they get a face saver thru this security council resolution. They are willing to withdraw also from POK to fully comply with the resolution.
My Take- Don't trust Pakistan and go ahead and dismember it. We have been cheated repeatedly and for how long will this continue?

The talks were about two things. Transit facility for Indian and Afghan trucks and solving J&K by going back to Security council resolutions. Pakistan is willing to give up POK thru this route provided they get a face saver thru this security council resolution. They are willing to withdraw also from POK to fully comply with the resolution.
My Take- Don't trust Pakistan and go ahead and dismember it. We have been cheated repeatedly and for how long will this continue?

This doesn't make sense . The security council resolutions are dated .The demographics of PoK has totally changed. You have a lot of ex servicemen originally from the Punjab who've settled there apart from civilian populations from the Punjab. Why would Doval or for that matter any GoI agree to this is beyond me ? I haven't even touched on the fact that PoK serves as the lifeline of the CPEC or that it goes against the grain of what every Pakistani believes is the unfinished business of partition , especially the PA - the annexation of Kashmir to Pakistan .

The one where they offer transit facilities to India for trade with Afghanistan makes more sense . Especially in the light of Trump breathing fire on Pakistan , if only to demonstrate their reasonableness. But then again with the opening of Chahbahar , it's too little too late .

In sum , they've nothing to offer .

Please read the resolution in totality. It requires every person who has settled in J&K after 1947 to vacate J&K and will be denied voting rights. The resolution also has only two options. India or Pakistan. there is no third option of Independence.

Last edited:
Please read the resolution in totality. It requires every person who has sattelled in J&K after 1947 to vacate J&K and will be denied voting rights. The resolution also has only two options. India or Pakistan. there is no third option of Independence.

And just how is one going to verify that on the ground 70 years after the deed ? It isn't as if the administration of PoK was in local hands to ensure domicile certificates were handed out to locals and all outsider's were excluded from it , is it ?

The GoI must be out of their mind if they're even discussing this move internally .

Last edited:
what about thousands of Hindus killed and kicked out of state. They are heavily outnumbered in Kashmir. Civil hindus getting killed and increasing population of a section would definitely tilt balance in Pakistans favour in case there is a vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Paro and Bali78
Please read the resolution in totality. It requires every person who has sattelled in J&K after 1947 to vacate J&K and will be denied voting rights. The resolution also has only two options. India or Pakistan. there is no third option of Independence.

And what are incentive for us in going back from our stated position that UN resolutions are no longer applicable?