LOC Flare up: Related news and Discussions

Pakistan has completely exposed the Afghan Border. They are now far more vulnerable than ever before. ANA can just walk in and claim durandline as new border.

How true are the reports that RR has been sent to LOC.

Sir.

RR units have been along the LC since a decade now, not all, but quite a few, as the focus shifted to preventing ingress in tiered manner, right at LC (keeping topographical and climatic constraints in mind). I am not very sure what is being portrayed by projecting a new move other than perhaps the re-posturing of the RR units already deployed along the LC to take over the AORs of the units like Artillery etc, which was, in routine CI grid, also providing a layer in depth with some troops. This 'reorientation' will not affect overall performance or force projection by these 'BG' (Border Guarding) RR units along LC.

I believe that re-orientation of the troop posturing of depth units, without actually moving those units, in order to 'free' up troops of these artillery units (also) to take over their primary role of providing fire support, has taken place and the ensuing grid is being tightened by placing CAPFs in depth to prevent 'thinning' of 'boots on ground' and also to act as a bolster in case of change in situation along LC.

I have a theory.

That M24 sniper rifle and Mine was just used as a pretext by the Army on the orders of the Govt to justify troop movement and Yatri evacuations.
A mine in Kashmir is like Yawn...no big deal.
It could have been seized from LOC and would be lying there in the Army basement somewhere. It was brought out so we can create "optics" for the drama being unfolded.

I seriously believe Government is upto something. What it is...only Modi, Shah and Doval knows.

Reactions: Golden_Rule

About 5 visits have been paid by local units, not even SFs, to our friends, with few mementos. Could be that? At least he has started following my line of 'not crippling our economy' :D

On point. Keran sector attempt was an attempt by SSG to respond to "tactical level operations" carried out by local LC units (not special forces) over the past few 48 hours.

I have a theory.

That M24 sniper rifle and Mine was just used as a pretext by the Army on the orders of the Govt to justify troop movement and Yatri evacuations.
A mine in Kashmir is like Yawn...no big deal.
It could have been seized from LOC and would be lying there in the Army basement somewhere. It was brought out so we can create "optics" for the drama being unfolded.

I seriously believe Government is upto something. What it is...only Modi, Shah and Doval knows.

Well, mine can be picked up by either side anywhere along LC, both have thousands of mines which slide due to avalanche, muslide etc and are easily available along LC. As for the sniper rifle, there is some indication of Pakistan having successfully inducted few SSG troops into valley to bolster efforts and provide technical support. They are, in what is being estimated, trying to create an Op Gibralter II, as they are actually trying to relieve pressure on themselves on economic and internal security aspects.

About 5 visits have been paid by local units, not even SFs, to our friends, with few mementos. Could be that? At least he has started following my line of 'not crippling our economy' :D

On point. Keran sector attempt was an attempt by SSG to respond to "tactical level operations" carried out by local LC units (not special forces) over the past few 48 hours.
This time we might hold the ground occupied or vacated by PA.

Heck, I ain't attacking Pakistan :)

Anyways, jokes apart. Pakistan is going to be tested severely in the coming days. I suspect that you will see major upheaval in your side of Kashmir and extending upto Durand line.
But knowing the Pakistani history, Pakistan Army may just be foolish enough to do something stupid which will give us an excuse to do some major downsizing of Pakistan. Nuclear weapons have been relegated to relics in Indo-Pak scenario.

Very categorically I have maintained over the past few years - Pakistan will not be allowed to use (even if it is in position to do so) nuclear weapons. The major world powers i.e. US, Russia, France, UK simply won't allow it, nor will China. Of course, we will also be coordinating with all of them diplomatically and with the exception of the last, militarily, to ensure this.

I wasn't sleepy anyway and I'm not going to sleep anytime soon either. :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

This time we might hold the ground occupied or vacated by PA.
sir where in your opinion all this is headed to,is it merely to clean ssg in valley and preempt operation gibraltor if any in the offing or this point towards something real big .

the biildup is too large to ignore now

Well, mine can be picked up by either side anywhere along LC, both have thousands of mines which slide due to avalanche, muslide etc and are easily available along LC. As for the sniper rifle, there is some indication of Pakistan having successfully inducted few SSG troops into valley to bolster efforts and provide technical support. They are, in what is being estimated, trying to create an Op Gibralter II, as they are actually trying to relieve pressure on themselves on economic and internal security aspects.
You mean SSG is present inside Indian Kashmir now? How did they slip through.

sir where in your opinion all this is headed to,is it merely to clean ssg in valley and preempt operation gibraltor if any in the offing or this point towards something real big .

the biildup is too large to ignore now
When I had predicted the time for India-Pak war and how the time till 15th August is good for Modi due to the placement of planet Mars, I had stated that it could get linked to Amarnath Yatra. is it a coincidence.
if the job is not completed now, it will surely be done in Feb 2020.