Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning and F-22 'Raptor' : News & Discussion

As a partner, Singapore is a sure-in. That's not the case with countries like Korea and Japan, which are actual exports.

Comparison with India would be the FGFA, not Rafale.
Why? India have ToT and production jobs invested in Rafale. Singapore are far less invested in the F-35. Singapore is only a Security Cooperative Participant, not a funder.

Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II - Wikipedia

Singapore and the F-35B Joint Strike Fighter

Singapore joined the F-35 program in February 2003 as a Security Cooperative Participant (SCP). As an SCP, Singapore is believed to be able explore configurations of the JSF to meet its unique operational needs and form its own program office.

Hasn't India done the same with the Rafale?

Why? India have ToT and production jobs invested in Rafale. Singapore are far less invested in the F-35. Singapore is only a Security Cooperative Participant, not a funder.

We have no ToT or have invested in production. We only bought 36 jets outright. We haven't signed any deal with France obligating us to buy more Rafales either. We are merely a customer.

But Singapore has been a partner since 2003.

Hasn't India done the same with the Rafale?

No.

We have no ToT or have invested in production. We only bought 36 jets outright. We haven't signed any deal with France obligating us to buy more Rafales either. We are merely a customer.

But Singapore has been a partner since 2003.

No.
So you haven't explored configurations of the Rafale to meet your operational needs? That's all SCP means. I think you're being ridiculous here.

So you haven't explored configurations of the Rafale to meet your operational needs? That's all SCP means. I think you're being ridiculous here.

No, they are not the same.

We chose Rafale through competitive bidding. Singapore chose the F-35 on a whim.

No, they are not the same.

We chose Rafale through competitive bidding. Singapore chose the F-35 on a whim.
They chose it on a simple deliberation because it's the best aircraft. Whenever the F-35 and Rafale go into a competitive bid, the Rafale always pulls out anyway. No nation who can buy the F-35 buys the Rafale instead.

They chose it on a simple deliberation because it's the best aircraft. Whenever the F-35 and Rafale go into a competitive bid, the Rafale always pulls out anyway. No nation who can buy the F-35 buys the Rafale instead.

Simple reason: All F-35 tenders are rigged for the F-35 to win anyway.

Like the Belgian tender which asked for jets which had only 1 seat. :LOL:

The US doesn't enter a competition where the F-35 has to be on equal footing, like the IN's MRCBF tender.

Simple reason: All F-35 tenders are rigged for the F-35 to win anyway.

Like the Belgian tender which asked for jets which had only 1 seat. :LOL:

The US doesn't enter a competition where the F-35 has to be on equal footing, like the IN's MRCBF tender.
Yeah, of course they are, isn't that strange. Maybe it's the fact that the F-35 is better that rigs them.

That's because the US doesn't want to sell the F-35 to India because you are too friendly with Russia.

Isn't it strange that this brilliant Rafale only has a few buyers in the Middle East and India but the F-35 has buyers all over the developed world.

HAL producing Rafale ? In the HAL dreams may be.
Singapore isn't producing F-35s either, they've only had an input into configurations. I thought some Rafales were to be built in India though?

India abandoned the idea because it's more expensive to get anything built by HAL than to buy on the shelf. This is true for both Russian and western aircraft, by the way. I bet any western plane maker could build the Tejas cheaper, too.

That's what you get for letting a monopoly grow complacent and incompetent.

• Agree
Reactions: R!cK
What does that mean?
It means it would be manufactured in France and fly all the way to India.

May I recommend 2 almonds soaked overnight to be consumed first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. It serves the purpose of nourishing the brain, improving it's efficiency resulting in more intelligence, memory, etc as per Ayurveda ( traditional Indian medical systems) , though it's effect on potato addled brains asking infantile questions would take some more time to be manifest. But the results are guaranteed.

It means it would be manufactured in France and fly all the way to India.

May I recommend 2 almonds soaked overnight to be consumed first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. It serves the purpose of nourishing the brain, improving it's efficiency resulting in more intelligence, memory, etc as per Ayurveda ( traditional Indian medical systems) , though it's effect on potato addled brains asking infantile questions would take some more time to be manifest. But the results are guaranteed.
Try laying off the cock for 7 days and come back if symptoms persist.

Singapore isn't producing F-35s either, they've only had an input into configurations. I thought some Rafales were to be built in India though?
A Rafale line in India (if ever) is to be built in Reliance/Dassault factory. Not in HAL. Or there will be a great management change in HAL.

A Rafale line in India (if ever) is to be built in Reliance/Dassault factory. Not in HAL. Or there will be a great management change in HAL.
Oh come on. Given how great you claim the Rafale is, it'll probably still fly with the wings mounted upside-down right.