Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning and F-22 'Raptor' : News & Discussion

If you don't have the stealth, the EW will be much less effective. Hiding a needle in a haystack is easier than trying to hide the whole barn.

• Agree
Reactions: Parthu
1551012835689.png

Reactions: R!cK
Doesn't need to but there is actually an SRVL method, so it can land back on deck.
I have not clearly see the picture yesterday...

The landing gear bays are opens, but with no landing gears....
A landing with internal weapons bays open....

=> This is all but a real config. it's more pure BS.

Bad try my dear BMD. ;)

I have not clearly see the picture yesterday...

The landing gear bays are opens, but with no landing gears....
A landing with internal weapons bays open....

=> This is all but a real config. it's more pure BS.

Bad try my dear BMD. ;)
It's taking off I think. It's obviously part of testing. It's a real config, it's just that they likely wouldn't have the bays open when using vertical thrust normally.

It's taking off I think. It's obviously part of testing. It's a real config, it's just that they likely wouldn't have the bays open when using vertical thrust normally.
No Vertical take off : it is too loaded with fuel and ordnances.
No Short take off : the engine nozzle can't be at 90°.

=> A pure BS Picture.

f172b548.jpg

Doesn't look real...could be one of those 1/72 models for hobbyists...besides, shouldn't the landing gear be down when the engine is already 90 degree vectored?

Have you guys seen the loop and tumble of Su-30MKI and also of F-35? The secret of F-35 was explained to me by my bro-in-law. F-35A & C have padel TVC in built. The exhaust is actually a shape changing exhaust pipe and its small leafs move to create the padel effect. AND F-35 has all axis TVC as a result of this innovation.

• Informative
Reactions: randomradio
View attachment 4538

Doesn't look real...could be one of those 1/72 models for hobbyists...besides, shouldn't the landing gear be down when the engine is already 90 degree vectored?

NO, it's not a real picture.
Lockeed Martin is a world top leader in :
- Powerpoint (for before sale service)
and
- Photoshop (to improve the sad reality)...

Have you guys seen the loop and tumble of Su-30MKI and also of F-35? The secret of F-35 was explained to me by my bro-in-law. F-35A & C have padel TVC in built. The exhaust is actually a shape changing exhaust pipe and its small leafs move to create the padel effect. AND F-35 has all axis TVC as a result of this innovation.
For now, the only potent manoeuver is the "pedal turn".
I don't think it is usefull in combat (as Cobra). But I'm not a fighter pilot....

For now, the only potent manoeuver is the "pedal turn".
I don't think it is usefull in combat (as Cobra). But I'm not a fighter pilot....
In a fight between a 4.5th gen aircraft and 5th gen aircraft, BVR will prevail but the 4.5th gen aircraft will be able to deflect the incoming missile resulting in extended range WVR shot. That is where MICA NG will be a game changer. We now have tech to have very accurate launch point estimation and AESA radars which can do a very narrow search of the area which will expose a 5th gen aircraft. So the chances of classic dogfight are less than 1% considering that we have now HMDS. But the problem comes when we have 5th gen aircraft fighting it out and where we have large force combat with 5th gen embedded with 4.5th gen aircraft acting in beast mode. The 5th Gen aircraft are limited by their internal weapons carriage limit so they will get exposed to visual combat and in such a scenario the chances of a classic dogfight will rise to about 10%.

NO, it's not a real picture.
Lockeed Martin is a world top leader in :
- Powerpoint (for before sale service)
and
- Photoshop (to improve the sad reality)...
That's rich coming from a Dassault troll. Only SAAB can outdo you guys with their BS.

That's rich coming from a Dassault troll. Only SAAB can outdo you guys with their BS.
LOL.
The devise of Dassault : on time, on spec, on cost.
All the contrary of Lockeed Martin with F35. Your bad picture is another exemple.

Another picture of your toy :

1551340229103.png

LOL.
The devise of Dassault : on time, on spec, on cost.
All the contrary of Lockeed Martin with F35. Your bad picture is another exemple.

Another picture of your toy :

View attachment 4604
It's not the schedule, it's the capabilities you BS.

That version of the F-35 was specifically developed for Greece and the EU A8 and A2 nations.

It's not the schedule, it's the capabilities you BS.

That version of the F-35 was specifically developed for Greece and the EU A8 and A2 nations.
Dassault :
ON TIME = On schedule.
ON SPEC = to the specified specifications
ON COST = with no $ risk.

F35 :
late, so late...
Not supercruising. Not carrying the specified payload. Not the right life time....
Over budget. And needed add on budgets to close the development. And not FOC so far....

The Navy just declared America's most expensive weapons system ready for war

The Navy just declared America's most expensive weapons system ready for war
  • The U.S. Navy has declared its fleet of F-35C fighter jets ready for war, the Department of Defense announced Thursday.
  • The F-35, a fifth-generation stealth fighter, is the Pentagon’s most expensive weapons system.
Amanda Macias| @amanda_m_macias
Published 6:56 PM ET Thu, 28 Feb 2019 Updated 17 Hours AgoCNBC.com

U.S. Navy photo
Aviation Boatswain's Mate 3rd Class Juan Cumpston directs an F-35C Lightning II carrier variant to the catapult on the flight deck of the aircraft carrier USS George Washington.
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Navy has declared its fleet of F-35C fighter jets ready for war, the Department of Defense announced Thursday. The Navy joins the Marine Corps and Air Force as the third and final service branch to declare their F-35s ready for war.
"The F-35C is ready for operations, ready for combat and ready to win," said Commander Naval Air Forces, Vice Admiral DeWolfe Miller in a statement. "We are adding an incredible weapon system into the arsenal of our Carrier Strike Groups that significantly enhances the capability of the joint force."
Lockheed Martin, the Pentagon's top weapons supplier, designed three variants of the fighter in order to accommodate the unique needs of each sister-service branch: the F-35A for the Air Force, F-35B for the Marine Corps, and F-35C for the Navy.

Lockheed Martin
All three F-35 variants at Edwards Air Force Base, California: the Navy's F-35C, the Marine Corps' F-35B, and the Air Force's F-35A variant.
"This milestone is the result of unwavering dedication from our joint government and industry team focused on delivering the most lethal, survivable and connected fighter jet in the world to the men and women of the U.S. Navy," said Greg Ulmer, Lockheed Martin vice president and general manager of the F-35 Program, in a statement.
LIVE, NEWS-MAKING DISCUSSIONS
UNIQUE, IN-PERSON EXPERIENCES
LEARN MORE + JOIN US
0daa9647b9f1f7221dfcd1a4bb3c9764.png

The F-35, a fifth-generation stealth fighter, valued at an acquisition cost of $406.5 billion, has become one of the most challenged programs in Pentagon history. The laundry list of setbacks includes faulty ejection seats, software delays and significant helmet-display issues.