Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning and F-22 'Raptor' : News & Discussion

But you wouldn't start creating a bigger RCS in the sky until it's absolutely necessary to throw a decoy.

For the TRD to be deployed, you are either in a situation where your main goal is to jam the radar, for example, in case some helicopters or older jets need jamming support, or your stealth has been compromised to an extent where your only way of survival is through jamming, hence present the decoy as a more viable target to the radar. In either case there's no need for onboard EA, save for the radar. Otherwise the F-35 will exclusively use its stealth, with minimal to no emissions.

In case the IAF actually decides to chase after the F-35 in earnest, I'm betting it's going to be for the Israeli version. So it's not a surprise it was the Israelis who showed off the F-35 to the IAF Chief.

It should be more than 200 miles.

Anyway, going above 200Km is pretty standard now. PL-15 should also easily manage 250+Km.

Which is why I questioned MICA's merely 30% boost in range.

I wonder how often claims about technology are actually better than they are. Generally we assume all statements are understatements, but it would be a cool topic to study if I had access to classified information.

I wonder how often claims about technology are actually better than they are. Generally we assume all statements are understatements, but it would be a cool topic to study if I had access to classified information.

Or worse than they are. Or in some cases, we can't even believe it actually exists.

But then what's even more interesting is civilian tech is even more advanced than military tech.

For the TRD to be deployed, you are either in a situation where your main goal is to jam the radar, for example, in case some helicopters or older jets need jamming support, or your stealth has been compromised to an extent where your only way of survival is through jamming, hence present the decoy as a more viable target to the radar. In either case there's no need for onboard EA, save for the radar. Otherwise the F-35 will exclusively use its stealth, with minimal to no emissions.

In case the IAF actually decides to chase after the F-35 in earnest, I'm betting it's going to be for the Israeli version. So it's not a surprise it was the Israelis who showed off the F-35 to the IAF Chief.
You can jam adequately and with more power from range without deploying the TRD.

No chance, literally no chance. Israel cannot sell you the F-35, I hope you realise that.

You can jam adequately and with more power from range without deploying the TRD.

No chance, literally no chance. Israel cannot sell you the F-35, I hope you realise that.
Israel can't even sell their supposed "indigenous" weapon systems without US permission. US pretty much owns everything Israel creates due to the $billions in military aid and because US defense companies are involved in many if not all Israel's weapon systems.

• Agree
Reactions: BMD
One can't tell whether you're autistic or plain retarded or dyslexic or all of the above. He clearly mentioned we'd prefer the Israeli version of the JSF if we ever wanted one i.e we'd prefer the JSF with the kind of customization the Israelis have undertaken preferably with the same systems. I can't simplify it further .

How the *censored* did you read that as Israel will sell us the JSF, Paddy. You're a national embarrassment. I mean the world would be free from the Wuhan virus someday but you'd still be around. What a cheerful thought that'd be!! I've tears in my eyes merely conjuring up such a scenario. Just like your ma & pa did the day government in Ireland announced it'd be legally permitting abortion in RoI.

Pls take a sabbatical from posting out here for the sake of the well being of our mental health. There's only so much damage to the retina & cerebrum within the tolerance of human limits we can endure.

Last edited:
Israel can't even sell their supposed "indigenous" weapon systems without US permission. US pretty much owns everything Israel creates due to the $billions in military aid and because US defense companies are involved in many if not all Israel's weapon systems.
And here's another clod. I won't be surprised in the least if he's Irish too. In fact I'm prepared to wager a bottle of the finest scotch he's one. Just what we need out here. Tweedledee & Tweedledum. I mean why opt for Netflix or cable TV or any of that stuff & pay for it when you get free entertainment out here.

Stuxnet like E virus being uploaded by JSF anybody. The destroyers following Arleigh Burke will be so sleek & stealthy that they'd be invisible. No jokes. They'd be a couple of yards in front of you & you wouldn't be able to see it. Why? Coz SkunkWorks says so. Remember you read it here first.

And here's another clod. I won't be surprised in the least if he's Irish too. In fact I'm prepared to wager a bottle of the finest scotch he's one. Just what we need out here. Tweedledee & Tweedledum. I mean why opt for Netflix or cable TV or any of that stuff & pay for it when you get free entertainment out here.

Stuxnet like E virus being uploaded by JSF anybody. The destroyers following Arleigh Burke will be so sleek & stealthy that they'd be invisible. No jokes. They'd be a couple of yards in front of you & you wouldn't be able to see it. Why? Coz SkunkWorks says so. Remember you read it here first.
Lol. I just love your rant it's so delicious because It tells me and everyone in here that I'm in your mind now. It must suck for you that all you got is rage ranting as your only retort to the former head of JSF programs hint of the F-35's E-virus capability.

Btw does your boss know you're on forums when you're supposed to be calling and scamming westerners?

Which one is you?
6a00d8341c7a9753ef016302a844f5970d-800wi.jpg

I hope the elephant you drove in is being treated right... but then again you
must be Mumbai rich and therefor drive a Tata? :)

Btw does your boss know you're on forums when you're supposed to be calling and scamming westerners?
So you do admit that most if not all Americans are dumb enough to be scammed? How does it feel to be scammed by "people from poor nations who buy Russian junk.?" What does it say about you? I can see now why Trump was elected .

hope the elephant you drove in is being treated right... but then again you
must be Mumbai rich and therefor drive a Tata? :)
The rich here can afford multiple RRs, TeeHee. Tata's out here is what Hyundai is to the US. If I were you i.e coming from land of the free & home of the brave ( I'm guessing I know why your founding fathers used all the other adjectives they could think up except ones signifying intelligence in your national anthem. Perhaps they had more than a premonition of their succeeding generations ) I'd brush up on my knowledge of current affairs around the world lest I be laughed at. But maybe it doesn't make a difference to you.

Lol. I just love your rant it's so delicious because It tells me and everyone in here that I'm in your mind now.

You're in my mind coz genuine clowns are hard to come by. That & I'm easily entertained.

It must suck for you that all you got is rage ranting as your only retort to the former head of JSF programs hint of the F-35's E-virus capability.
I'm guessing you missed my reference to SkunkWorks in my post above. Of course I never expected you to quite grasp irony or sarcasm. Or Sarchasm to be more precise. A noun which defines the gap between the author of the sarcasm & the object of it i.e the dimwit who doesn't get it.

Reactions: AbRaj
No one will sell you the F-35, try buy it and find out.
We don't want it . Imagine paying top dollar for an aircraft whose kill switches are controlled by the Pentagon besides all sottware upgrades & the whole Electronic library housed there . It's like buying an iPhone . Can't tell if we own it or took it on an expensive lease . The arrangement suits vassal states & minions like the UK.

We've a 5th Gen program of our own & if need be there's always the Su-57 Mk-2.

We don't want it . Imagine paying top dollar for an aircraft whose kill switches are controlled by the Pentagon besides all sottware upgrades & the whole Electronic library housed there . It's like buying an iPhone . Can't tell if we own it or took it on an expensive lease . The arrangement suits vassal states & minions like the UK.

We've a 5th Gen program of our own & if need be there's always the Su-57 Mk-2..

You can't want what hasn't been offered and if the F-35 was offered to India they'd buy it in a heart beat.

There's no kill switch you dope stop pulling claims out of your a s s. Your whole air force is foreign made including your Tejas fighter that carries western components just like this supposed 5th gen fighter program will.

Btw you can't want what hasn't been offered and if the F-35 was offered to India they'd buy it in a heart beat.

We will not get F 35
Because of S 400

If we are unable to make a 5 th Gen plane , we will buy from Russia or France

You can't want what hasn't been offered and if the F-35 was offered to India they'd buy it in a heart beat.
As a matter of policy I don't chat to unwashed people on a Wednesday. Pls go take a shower before you engage with humans out here . Why , you ask ? Coz you stink more than your views .

Btw why did you delete that comment on no kill switches ? Had a brainwave after you posted your comment ?

On topic , we don't want the F-35 or any other frontline platform from the US for the numerous strings attached to it . The US will be our last go to option for such platforms. As of now credible alternatives to the JSF are taking shape. We'd rather go with them.

No one will sell you the F-35, try buy it and find out.
If we wanted we could buy the f-35 but it's still an incomplete aircraft with lot of issues. IAF usually buys mature fighters. And after the flanker drama IAF will wait until the f-35 has fixed all its issues.
The only problem really is the s-400. But we could very well pick up some f-35b for our Navy with ease but then you will have dod representatives constantly surveilling. F-35 honestly has too many cons for us..