Votes: 1 0.4%
  • F-18 SH

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • F-15EX

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Mig-35

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
HAL did. They were the ones who killed FGFA as well.

Govt saved MMRCA, with their risky bet on 2 squadrons.
I don't remember the exact date,but long back I said that mmrca2 will get cancell in favour of mk2. But you said,mmrca2 cannot be cancelled. Again I also wrong about the cancellations, yuck they cancelled mmrca for mk1a. Something like when you need full meal,you are providing a 50-50 biscuit .

I don't remember the exact date,but long back I said that mmrca2 will get cancell in favour of mk2. But you said,mmrca2 cannot be cancelled. Again I also wrong about the cancellations, yuck they cancelled mmrca for mk1a. Something like when you need full meal,you are providing a 50-50 biscuit .

Both are not in competition with each other.

A TE engine requirement is still there.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajput Lion
You are reading a different history textbook.
I didn't read any history text book on IAF. Rather i have information available in public domain about IAF, which forces me to believe what i said earlier.
1) we are still opetating mig21, a 1960 era aircraft.
2)we are still operating Jaguar, a 70s designed trainer aircraft.
3) we used Mirage for balakot attack, which is an 80s design .
4) IAF is operaying mere 3 aeacs & 2aews aircraft. The requirment for follow on 360 deg was alive since ages. Not fullfilled despite of not having an in house awacs.

The requirment for mrca is surfaced due to the lacuna face by IAF during kargil war. 25 years are about cross since then, still we dont have an aircraft capable of performing in kargil type scenario.

Now tell me what is the reason for above mentioned loints? If it is not lack of fund, then i have to beleive that those who are having power to change these are wotking for enemy.

• Informative
Reactions: Bon Plan
I didn't read any history text book on IAF. Rather i have information available in public domain about IAF, which forces me to believe what i said earlier.
4) IAF is operaying mere 3 aeacs & 2aews aircraft. The requirment for follow on 360 deg was alive since ages. Not fullfilled despite of not having an in house awacs.

The requirment for mrca is surfaced due to the lacuna face by IAF during kargil war. 25 years are about cross since then, still we dont have an aircraft capable of performing in kargil type scenario.

Now tell me what is the reason for above mentioned loints? If it is not lack of fund, then i have to beleive that those who are having power to change these are wotking for enemy.

It's a procurement failure. The budget itself is fine. It's lesser than what they need, but it's still growing.

MRCA requirement is gonna be fulfilled by LCA Mk2 and MMRCA requirement will begin with MRFA. Since GoI is gonna run LCA Mk2, MRFA and even AMCA at the same time, it doesn't qualify for having money problems.

If the argument is that budget is stagnant then can't you give the numbers? Rather than superficial statements.

• Agree
They can perfectly place their offer in the bin.

IAF has the authority to release rfp, hence they can keep doing that. Has there been any change in spec of the jets being offered?

• Agree
They can perfectly place their offer in the bin.

IAF has the authority to release rfp, hence they can keep doing that. Has there been any change in spec of the jets being offered?
I was just reading between the lines. It looks like the RFP is emminent and will soon be out in 5-6 months.

Yes. But the US doesn't want that. So the best way to maintain control over the Pacific is to distract global powers away from the Pacific.
hummmm....
China is focused on Taiwan and the chinese seas. The US Navy in the chinese sea has the power to chase the chinese deterrent subs where they are vulnerable : in shallow waters... It's vital for china to remove US Navy from these seas.
And Taiwan is now seen as a prestige case.

• Agree
hummmm....
China is focused on Taiwan and the chinese seas. The US Navy in the chinese sea has the power to chase the chinese deterrent subs where they are vulnerable : in shallow waters... It's vital for china to remove US Navy from these seas.
And Taiwan is now seen as a prestige case.

Gotta see how it works out. China definitely needs to deal with Taiwan, we know that.

I think what the US will do is give the Chinese a choice between fighting for influence elsewhere or taking Taiwan over the next few years. The more the US delays the Taiwan war, the greater is their advantage. But if the Chinese decide to fight over Taiwan first, they may lose influence elsewhere.

From my perspective, the Chinese hold all the advantages between 2024-27. From 2028 onwards, many of their avantages will start disappearing. That's enough time for foreign companies to exit China and for the US and Taiwan to fix its defence preparedness. For example, Taiwan will improve conscript training from 2024, so until 2028, they can get 4-5 years of properly trained recruits. While the US would have received new weapons and plugged a lot of holes in terms of production and stockpiling of enough weapons inside Taiwan.

Gotta see how it works out. China definitely needs to deal with Taiwan, we know that.

I think what the US will do is give the Chinese a choice between fighting for influence elsewhere or taking Taiwan over the next few years. The more the US delays the Taiwan war, the greater is their advantage. But if the Chinese decide to fight over Taiwan first, they may lose influence elsewhere.

From my perspective, the Chinese hold all the advantages between 2024-27. From 2028 onwards, many of their avantages will start disappearing. That's enough time for foreign companies to exit China and for the US and Taiwan to fix its defence preparedness. For example, Taiwan will improve conscript training from 2024, so until 2028, they can get 4-5 years of properly trained recruits. While the US would have received new weapons and plugged a lot of holes in terms of production and stockpiling of enough weapons inside Taiwan.
My point of view is the more the time is spreading, the more powerfull the Chinese are.
I don't see where their avantages will vanished after 2028.
Their navy is growing fast, with a lot of new SSN, SSK, frigates, destroyers, LHD, now carriers (with the J-31 stealth fighter that seems to me potentially more potent than F-35). US Navy will never follow. Sole asset of USN is SSN, but what about in shallow waters?