Pakistan AirForce : Updates & Discussions

H4 can be controlled by the pilot? Or once dropped it will navigate as per the feed.
Its a remotely controlled bomb, not exactly a smart bomb.
There are two seater Mirages for the purpose in which the weapons officer controls the bomb.
That aircraft has to keep loitering in the area after the other mirage which carried the bomb has dropped the bomb and gone.
Its basically a two ship/ three pilot operation.

H4 can be controlled by the pilot? Or once dropped it will navigate as per the feed.
These would be targeted with H4 SOW fired by Mirage III/V and the REK GPS guided minitions from the JF-17s —  both from a distance of 40–70 km. The NESCOM H2/H4 are copies of the South African Denel Dynamic’s Raptor I/II glide bombs. The maximum range of the H-2/4 rocket assisted glide bomb is 60/ 120 kilometres. After launch, the H-2/4 is guided to its target by IN/GPS, and uses Infra Red (IR) homing or manual TV guidance in the terminal attack phase for accurate targeting, before exploding a 600 kg warhead.

sj-21.png

Its a remotely controlled bomb, not exactly a smart bomb.
There are two seater Mirages for the purpose in which the weapons officer controls the bomb.
That aircraft has to keep loitering in the area after the other mirage which carried the bomb has dropped the bomb and gone.
Its basically a two ship/ three pilot operation.
So If the pilot is busy doing something else then it will land somewhere else

So If the pilot is busy doing something else then it will land somewhere else
Yes and no .
You need to understand how TV guided bombs work?
The weapon can navigate to and/or remotely steered to a designated target, but lockon is given by the weapons officer.
The weapon doesn't have the computational power or Algorithm to self identify and lockon a target.

Yes and no .
You need to understand how TV guided bombs work?
The weapon can navigate to and/or remotely steered to a designated target, but lockon is given by the weapons officer.
The weapon doesn't have the computational power or Algorithm to self identify and lockon a target.
Basically pilots need to lock it when it appears on the tv screen(cockpit LCD panel) manually like LGB, once the pilot misses that window it's gone.

I did some extensive pixel counting and found out that Raad-2 ALCM has pretty much the same dimensions as MBDA SCALP / Storm shadow.
I don't know the weight of the missile. But it the missile is fitted under the wings of JF-17 it will look like this.

Polish_20200707_215148287.jpg

There have been some evidence recently that Raad-2 has been integrated with JF-17 .
Although no definitive proof yet.

• Haha
Reactions: Ashwin
I did some extensive pixel counting and found out that Raad-2 ALCM has pretty much the same dimensions as MBDA SCALP / Storm shadow.
I don't know the weight of the missile. But it the missile is fitted under the wings of JF-17 it will look like this.

View attachment 16773

There have been some evidence recently that Raad-2 has been integrated with JF-17 .
I feel sorry for PAF. They have to rely on bundar for foreseeable future. PAF future look bleak as bundar BLK 1 to 10 would be routed in an air battle against IAF.
I still from time to time go read funny post on PDF where the self proclaimed intellectual think tank still think it's an engineering marvel and will shoot down Sukhoi , rafale , MIG 29 mirage etc. When it's not even close to capability of Tejas lmao!

Reactions: Chain Smoker
I feel sorry for PAF. They have to rely on bundar for foreseeable future. PAF future look bleak as bundar BLK 1 to 10 would be routed in an air battle against IAF.
I still from time to time go read funny post on PDF where the self proclaimed intellectual think tank still think it's an engineering marvel and will shoot down Sukhoi , rafale , MIG 29 mirage etc. When it's not even close to capability of Tejas lmao!
This is a good thread and bunders like you are not needed here.
Now quickly take a banana and bandar off.

No.6 of the 8 JF-17B produced last year , spotted performing normal duties.

8x Thunder B had to enter service this year.

IMG_20200708_140210.jpg

View attachment 16773

Which turbofan or turbojet engine used in this missile?

Which turbofan or turbojet engine used in this missile?
Russian / Ukrainian
We have a large stash bought for peanuts when USSR broke apart.
Plus many other goodies which are yet to be looked into and reverse engineered.

Thunder B ejection seat testing

Russian / Ukrainian
We have a large stash bought for peanuts when USSR broke apart.
Plus many other goodies which are yet to be looked into and reverse engineered.

Thunder B ejection seat testing

Which ejection seat used in JF17 ? is it developed in Pakistan ?

We had times when American F-16 ejection seats didn't work because Americans won't provide components for canopy jettisoning system.
JF-17 has a simpler ejection system. There is no canopy jettisoning. The glass canopy shatters upon the impact of the spikes on top of the ejection seats

We had times when American F-16 ejection seats didn't work because Americans won't provide components for canopy jettisoning system.
JF-17 has a simpler ejection system. There is no canopy jettisoning. The glass canopy shatters upon the impact of the spikes on top of the ejection seats
Why?

When is block 3 jf17 going to induct? is your govt give any purchase order or PAF induct as per its demand?

No, its the Martin baker MK-16.
Same as used on F-35 .
View attachment 16776
Good to note that PAF is using the same ejection seats as the F-35. Hope you come up with good markers too so that Thunder pilots don't meet the same fate as doosra banda. Wonder if PAF has given any thought to that. For starters, the pilots ought to look European but speak desi - Insha Allah, boys well played, kind of English. Otherwise what you've gained vide safe ejection & landing of the said pilot, you lose on the ground to mob violence. Hope PAF pays adequate attention to this angle too.