Pakistan AirForce : Updates & Discussions

When is block 3 jf17 going to induct? is your govt give any purchase order or PAF induct as per its demand?
As of now the Block 3 manufacturing lines are quiet due to COVID-19 lockdown.
However the software development and weapons integration into the plane's firmware is ongoing.
So let's see.

JF-17B tandem seat arrangement for better forward view for the weapons officer, and comparison with F-16 seating arrangement.

Polish_20200708_181801253.jpg

Basically pilots need to lock it when it appears on the tv screen(cockpit LCD panel) manually like LGB, once the pilot misses that window it's gone.
From the horse's mouth....

There's a 10-15 second window where target has to be acquired.
Also note that the camera rotates and points towards the military headquarters at the last phase only.
That's an arrangement for secrecy , battery conservation and avoiding jamming,as the bomb transmits continuously in high bandwidth after camera activation.

Russian government website says RD-93MA the new engine for JF-17 is undergoing stress and materials testing.
After 600 to 1200 Hours of running, the engine will be certified for being fitted in the JF-17 and start flight test.
This will happen by the end of December 2020.
RD-93MA is 8% more powerful than existing engine being used by the thunders.

What engine LCA is using?
Haven't followed LCA project for a while.
Last time i checked India was still trying to build an own engine for the aircraft.
LCA is using GE F404. Next iteration of LCA will use F414 used in SH18
Regarding Kaveri we have overcome most of the problems

What engine LCA is using?
Haven't followed LCA project for a while.
Last time i checked India was still trying to build an own engine for the aircraft.

GE F404-INS6.

The indigenous engine program is still ongoing. Flight testing is the next phase and they are preparing for that.

Also note that the camera rotates and points towards the military headquarters at the last phase only.
That's an arrangement for secrecy , battery conservation and avoiding jamming,as the bomb transmits continuously in high bandwidth after camera activation.
small correction h4 a.k.a raptor 2 is glide bomb with live telemetry not 2 way control it designed to fire and forgot mod, even like spice 2000, before you go to a strike mission you have to load the target profile to the h4 mission computer, once released it will guide it self but it have an option to telemetry the visual for future mission debriefings, also in short skirmish like feb 2019 one you wont get enough time to manually glide the weapon to it target becoz if you have to glid the the bomb to target or select the target you have to be in idle altitude and flight profile must be in cruising or auto , so as to your statement the fighter pilot intentionally changed the target in end wont go valid becoz these two point, it more like shot and scoot op to show the capability, if PAf want to miss the target the mission computer loaded with decoy target info at the start of stories it not at the Air combat AOE , if you want to simulate this scenario go to dcs try to recreate this event using jf with c802 ( yes it have terminal control which h4 don't have ) and put 3 bandits like su33 or mig29 with AI you can see it impossible to do the manual targeting in end phase becoz presence of adversaries

ps: i think this is my 4th for 5th time am showing you what went wrong with feb27 PAF strike package,

small correction h4 a.k.a raptor 2 is glide bomb with live telemetry not 2 way control it designed to fire and forgot mod, even liek spice 2000, before you go to a strike mission you have to load the target profile to the h4 mission computer once released it will guide it self but it have an option to telemetry the visual for future mission debriefings, also in short skirmish like feb 2019 one you wont get enough time to manually glide the weapon to it target becoz if you have to glid the the bomb to target or select the target you have to be in idle altitude and flight profile must be in cruising or auto , so as to your statement the fighter pilot intentionally changed the target in end wont go valid becoz these two point, it more like shot and scoot op to show the capability, if PAf want to miss the target the mission computer loaded with decoy target info at the start of stories it not at the Air combat AOE , if you want to simulate go to dcs try to recreate this event using jf with c802 ( yes it have terminal control which h4 don't have ) and put 3 bandits like su33 or mig29 with AI you can see it impossible to do the manual targeting in end becoz presence of adversaries

ps: i think this is my 4th for 5th time am showing you what went wrong with feb27 PAF strike package,
The difference between India and Pakistan about H-4 is that Pakistan makes and uses this bomb and india doesn't.
So our knowledge of the bomb is the correct one.
You are free to continue with your unsubstantiated assumptions.

The difference between India and Pakistan about H-4 is that Pakistan makes and uses this bomb and india doesn't.
So our knowledge of the bomb is the correct one.
You are free to continue with your unsubstantiated assumptions.

first am not here to say who got bigger dick, and one more ting h4 is a licence produced 2nd gen SOW, as to your point India did make SOW like SAAW etc but their operational use in IAF still unknown , again about my unsubstantiated knowledge there is something called common facts which means if h4 is license produced version of raptor 2 it will have similar features what raptor 2 nothing more extra ordinary becoz it assembled in Pakistan , also Pakistan is the second country after china holding c802 akg which can use as land attack too so if pakistan need better stand off and terminal control paf must gone for C802akg also it is more suited with jf17 for the representation i will share the video of c802 akg SED mission down bellow,

from this video its so evident that for terminal control the flight must be in autonomous state or least in cruising sate ,but in feb 27th you think jf17 get these kind of ideal situation in a active air combat zone ?, am sure that i cant change your perception on what is fact but am posting for followup wild cry from doubters who just use the video you posted as fact representation

first am not here to say who got bigger dick, and one more ting h4 is a licence produced 2nd gen SOW, as to your point India did make SOW like SAAW etc but their operational use in IAF still unknown , again about my unsubstantiated knowledge there is something called common facts which means if h4 is license produced version of raptor 2 it will have similar features what raptor 2 nothing more extra ordinary becoz it assembled in Pakistan , also Pakistan is the second country after china holding c802 akg which can use as land attack too so if pakistan need better stand off and terminal control paf must gone for C802akg also it is more suited with jf17 for the representation i will share the video of c802 akg SED mission down bellow,

from this video its so evident that for terminal control the flight must be in autonomous state or least in cruising sate ,but in feb 27th you think jf17 get these kind of ideal situation in a active air combat zone ?, am sure that i cant change your perception on what is fact but am posting for followup wild cry from doubters who just use the video you posted as fact representation
Pakistan has own modifications to the weapon. Enough said.
Plus i am unaware of any integration or claim as such of the H-4 integration with JF-17..
Thunder uses REK instead

Last edited:
What Modification ?
The original manufacturer South African Kentron sold the technology to Pakistan in Musharraf era.
The system was modular. Meaning various modules could be mixed and matched for adding or subtracting capabilities.
Pakistan has own mix of modules.
The Pakistani version has both capabilities at the same time.
It can be controlled remotely from as far as 250 km with a joystick and steered like a RC plane.
In that case two ships are used. The control aircraft remains at the back at high altitude, safe from enemy missiles. The carrier jet deploys the weapon and scoots out . Hence two ship operation as mentioned in my previous comment.
Or it can be left to follow waypoints and reach target on its own, same as any GPS / INS guided bomb.
canopy for a nuclear bomb? seriously I believe you.
No you don't have to believe me on anything
canopy for a nuclear bomb? seriously I believe you.
No you don't have to believe me on anything

Last edited:
The original manufacturer South African Kentron sold the technology to Pakistan in Musharraf era.
The system was modular. Meaning various modules could be mixed and matched for adding or subtracting capabilities.
Pakistan has own mix of modules.
The Pakistani version has both capabilities at the same time.
It can be controlled remotely from as far as 250 km with a joystick and steered like a RC plane.
In that case two ships are used. The control aircraft remains at the back at high altitude, safe from enemy missiles. The carrier jet deploys the weapon and scoots out . Hence two ship operation as mentioned in my previous comment.
Or it can be left to follow waypoints and reach target on its own, same as any GPS / INS guided bomb.
That's not your modification kido....you jokers can't even build a simple sewing machine on your own forget high tech stuff.

Screen-Shot-2015-12-01-at-4.43.24-PM.png

It's already present in south African version....go brag this Pakistan indigenous stonk on PDF.

Did you guys fire only one bomb or more than one bomb to this location?