Pakistan AirForce : Updates & Discussions

@Ankit Kumar

I ve read your tweet about, P d ff discussion on JF17 not flying supersonic because of fatigue & crack issue.

Also flies not so reliable engine in a single engine configuration.

And aesa radar upgrade is air cooled?

Seems like they are just for the numbers, which will used and thrown off in case Of war.

Oh god this is even Mig 21 -- aircraft.

And now get it why they ran off from air shows wherever Tejas participated.
&
And why they bought J10 even though they were saying it won't be much different from Jf17.

All makes sense now.

We need to push them a little in border and see what happens.

Seems like Chinese follow the philosophy of making it minimum capable and adding to later on.

We over engineer it and then reduce weight from there..
We ve planned 4x stress test for tejas.. That's how much we think we have over engineer ed.

@Ankit Kumar

I ve read your tweet about, P d ff discussion on JF17 not flying supersonic because of fatigue & crack issue.

Also flies not so reliable engine in a single engine configuration.

And aesa radar upgrade is air cooled?

Seems like they are just for the numbers, which will used and thrown off in case Of war.

Oh god this is even Mig 21 -- aircraft.

And now get it why they ran off from air shows wherever Tejas participated.
&
And why they bought J10 even though they were saying it won't be much different from Jf17.

All makes sense now.

We need to push them a little in border and see what happens.

Seems like Chinese follow the philosophy of making it minimum capable and adding to later on.

We over engineer it and then reduce weight from there..
We ve planned 4x stress test for tejas.. That's how much we think we have over engineer ed.
I knew about the engine issues and the maintenance issues but this avoidance to fly Supersonic was surprising to me.

Let me tell you, people claim that 40% fleet is not available right? But if the airframe is this bad , I can guarantee you even 50% availability will be difficult for them.

As fas as LCA is there, from day 1 we wanted to match the western standards of operations with it. Meaning 40 years of service. JF17 has 25 years. So quality is a difference.

Once we get 4 squadrons of Mk1A , our CAPs and QRAs will shot up. Will be difficult for them.

PAF 10th gen fighter plane crashed killing pilot with it... 😊😊
China Maal... 😊
It's F7PG it seems. The intersting thing about this is that the PG fleet is actually less than 20 years old only. And come with Italian radar, Aim9 sidewinder, Martin Baker seats, American radios, American IFFs, etc etc.

But they are going to retire these before the 40 year old F16 and Mirages.

• Informative
Reactions: lcafanboy
It's F7PG it seems. The intersting thing about this is that the PG fleet is actually less than 20 years old only. And come with Italian radar, Aim9 sidewinder, Martin Baker seats, American radios, American IFFs, etc etc.

But they are going to retire these before the 40 year old F16 and Mirages.

I believe 25 years is what they are good for.

Reactions: Chain Smoker
Real extensive work will be required, even replacing numerous portions of fuselage and wings. By then it would actually be cheaper for them to simply build a new one.

No, the upgrade is cheaper. It's how they have pushed their Mirages to beyond 50 years.

It's all about the industrial infrastructure. The F-7 upgrade will be more expensive due to lack of insfrastructure, so it's better to replace it. Not the same story with the JF-17.

No, the upgrade is cheaper. It's how they have pushed their Mirages to beyond 50 years.

It's all about the industrial infrastructure. The F-7 upgrade will be more expensive due to lack of insfrastructure, so it's better to replace it. Not the same story with the JF-17.
Not really. PAC actually has facilities and is certified to overhaul and repair F7 engines and it's airframes. Including the radar.

Something it cannot do as of now with JF17.

Not really. PAC actually has facilities and is certified to overhaul and repair F7 engines and it's airframes. Including the radar.

When it comes to these life extension upgrades, the main cost is typically new avionics, not the replacement of worn out airframe parts. And it makes sense to believe that F-7 R&D is pretty much on the backburner, which makes an extension pointless. And I doubt it can be upgraded with an AESA radar, MAWS etc meaningfully, making it even more pointless. The F-7 has simply outlived its utility.

Something it cannot do as of now with JF17.

They have an MRO facility for JF-17, which delivered the first overhauled jet in 2019. In any case an extension is more than a decade away. Even longer if they decide to abandon the B1s after 25 years.