Pakistan AirForce : Updates & Discussions

You mean the Jordanian Air Force grounded the Wing Loong 2?
If you look up Jordan's financial situation, and the King of Jordan is an F16 pilot, it is impossible to ground the F16. With the demise of ISIS, the grounding of drones is inevitable.
What's the grounding of the F-16 or the drones got to do with the Jordanians putting up the Chinese drones they've just procured on sale ? Check out the link I've attached .

You're referring to the here & now . I'm referring to the 1960s & 70s .

See Turkey as being pioneers in this field as far as their interests in self reliance goes. They also have a program to develop their own turbofan engines. A tad ambitious but their ambitions are in the right direction .
I'm talking about what we had in 1960,
What China learned from the Soviet Union was not just technology, but the organizational forms of industrialized countries

• Agree
Reactions: Bon Plan
Up to now, Pakistan is also holding a lot of aid from the Middle East oil countries, and they can buy European goods.
There's not much aid . There are only loans . Their access to the European market is severely restricted. They turn to the Chinese only after the Europeans have denied them now that the US isn't interested in the least. Their only two go to sources in the world for defence procurement are China & Turkey.

I'm talking about what we had in 1960,
What China learned from the Soviet Union was not just technology, but the organizational forms of industrialized countries

With all that impressive talent bank in universities & education apart from industry you're claiming & the fact that the former USSR was transferring rather lavishing weapons , platforms , technologies etc on the Chinese since the Korean War & since the Sino Soviet break in the mid to late 1960s , the growing rapprochement with the west & significant transfer & sales of western equipment to China right thru the late 1970's till the Tiananmen Square incident when all such co operation ceased on paper but dual use technology & dealings with Israel & few other western nations continued for a few more years before it was completely stopped , when exactly did you come up with a usable turbofan engine for fighter aircraft ?

So what makes you think the Turks are such duffers ?

What's the grounding of the F-16 or the drones got to do with the Jordanians putting up the Chinese drones they've just procured on sale ? Check out the link I've attached .
The national interest is right, no one buys rainbow 4
Even if Rainbow 4 has been exported to 7 countries
Even on January 26, Algeria just confirmed 6 CH5 large drones
Even if they have bought CH3, CH4 Wing Loong 2 before
1645631025505.png

1645631045518.png

With all that impressive talent bank in universities & education apart from industry you're claiming & the fact that the former USSR was transferring rather lavishing weapons , platforms , technologies etc on the Chinese since the Korean War & since the Sino Soviet break in the mid to late 1960s , the growing rapprochement with the west & significant transfer & sales of western equipment to China right thru the late 1970's till the Tiananmen Square incident when all such co operation ceased on paper but dual use technology & dealings with Israel & few other western nations continued for a few more years before it was completely stopped , when exactly did you come up with a usable turbofan engine for fighter aircraft ?

So what makes you think the Turks are such duffers ?
I assume he's confusing the actual Turkics from Central Asia with the turkish people in Turkey. The Turks living in modern day Turkey are no different to Pakistanis. They are just Greeks larping as Turks similar to how Pakistanis are just indians larping as Arabs.

The national interest is right, no one buys rainbow 4
Even if Rainbow 4 has been exported to 7 countries
Even on January 26, Algeria just confirmed 6 CH5 large drones
Even if they have bought CH3, CH4 Wing Loong 2 before
View attachment 22806
View attachment 22807
It's a niche market I imagine. Barring the US Israel & China not many countries had the foresight in the last two decades to invest & develop such technologies.

The advent of Insurgency in the middle East particularly so in the 2010-20 period , the massive strides Turkey made in this field , the way the Azeri Armenian war unfolded all opened up the eyes of the world to possibilities.

So , if the this were 2016 , the US refuses you , you can't approach the Israelis , no other options are open barring the Chinese , whom do you go to ?
I assume he's confusing the actual Turkics from Central Asia with the turkish people in Turkey. The Turks living in modern day Turkey are no different to Pakistanis. They are just Greeks larping as Turks similar to how Pakistanis are just indians larping as Arabs.
I don't think so .

1645633165873.png

The UAE Ministry of Defense announced the import of 12 Hongdu L-15 Falcon advanced trainers, and there are 36 more intentional orders, depending on the situation in the future.

I am not sure which engine they are going to use ...and 2nd thing Turkey is not like US or China to give 50% to 100% discount.
It will be PWF100 I believe, the same engine that powers F16.
Discounted or not pakistan always had money to spend on defence,don't judge them with indian mentalities, today we as a society don't mind in loosing territory or getting spanked by enemy ,that's not the case with pakistan.

Who told you that China would give money to Turkey? Not to mention aviation technology?
China now wants Turkey to collapse
80% of Chinese hate Turkey
What technology does Turkey have?
Turkey and the US, Europe are getting worse and less likely to gain access to technology
Moreover, Turkey has no experience in developing a trainer aircraft. Can they develop a fifth-generation aircraft?
Not to mention their messed up economy
There is also a J31 target engine is WS19

Turkey is important to China's BRI. So China's not going to give money for Turkey's fighter project, but to Turkey itself, through BRI. How they spend it is up to them.

China won't give Turkey technology, the West will. Turkey is still part of NATO.

Do you think fifth-generation fighter jets are toys?
The aerodynamic shape of the fifth-generation fighter jet alone cannot be grasped by Turkey.
The so-called TF-X is just Erdogan's fanatical religious fantasy

They have kept their design goal modest, -10 to -20dBsm.

I admire your courage

Right back at you. Only the Chinese believe the J-10C is as good as Rafale. The J-10C is more or less similar to the F-16 B70, ie, a generation behind the Rafale.

Reactions: Chain Smoker
That's almost 1 billion. You think with the current state of their economy they will be able to manage it. On top of that increasing inbreeding and institutional failure in their country which now is visible.

They are spending $500M per year on the JF-17s today.

Yeah, as I said, if they survive this decade...

Although I could see the qataris funding the Turks and Pakistanis provided the Pakistanis offer their services to the qataris. They need to get some pilots to fly those spanking new f-15QA and eurocanards somehow.

They don't have to fly anything. They can just buy them and keep them in storage. They don't need such numbers.

Atleast the kfx is affordable venture compared to the tfx which is too expensive for even Turkey to manage.
South Korea's defense budget is $46 billion. I would imagine they have a higher procurement budget than ours since most of ours go to HR.

If they want to, they can run parallel fighter programs without outside capital like us.

South Korea's defense budget is $46 billion. I would imagine they have a higher procurement budget than ours since most of ours go to HR.

If they want to, they can run parallel fighter programs without outside capital like us.

SoKo spent $11B in capital purchases last year, so they are pretty much the same as us. Except their won buys less than our rupee.

They can definitely go up faster than us, they have the money for it. High per capita income, trade surplus and low debt are good combinations.

Turkey is important to China's BRI. So China's not going to give money for Turkey's fighter project, but to Turkey itself, through BRI. How they spend it is up to them.

China won't give Turkey technology, the West will. Turkey is still part of NATO.

They have kept their design goal modest, -10 to -20dBsm.

Right back at you. Only the Chinese believe the J-10C is as good as Rafale. The J-10C is more or less similar to the F-16 B70, ie, a generation behind the Rafale.
It seems to be worse than the blk 70. And closer to the mk 1a in capability. Especially the pakistani ones.