Rafale DH/EH of Indian Air Force : News and Discussions

Just because Rahul gandhi is shouting "scam", it does not make Dr. swamy a liar.

I haven't referred even once to any of what Rahul Ghandi may have said to build my argument; so this is entirely irrelevant.

My only reference to tell that Swamy is a liar is a simple comparison between the things Swamy said and the facts. When someone deliberately says things that are untrue, that makes him a liar. Swamy is a liar because he lies. It's as simple as that.

I haven't referred even once to any of what Rahul Ghandi may have said to build my argument; so this is entirely irrelevant.

My only reference to tell that Swamy is a liar is a simple comparison between the things Swamy said and the facts. When someone deliberately says things that are untrue, that makes him a liar. Swamy is a liar because he lies. It's as simple as that.

Of course you would not want to talk about pappu.

So far there is not a single evidence of Dr. swamy having lied about facts.

If wishes were horses .........

I can PROOVE this article isa
LOL. You better believe it. Details of how Rafale Negotiations were conducted in France. :devilish:

Top Finance Ministry official US Kumawat honey trapped in Paris. French cops handed over tapes to RAW - PGurus

Top Finance Ministry official US Kumawat honey trapped in Paris. French cops handed over tapes to RAW

US Kumawat, an IAS officer with clout, manages to get his lady lover officer a plum post abroad and gets honey trapped

March 11, 2018

US Kumawat, an IAS officer with clout, manages to get his lady lover officer a plum post abroad and gets honey trapped

India’s Finance Ministry’s Joint Secretary (Revenue) Uday Singh Kumawat IAS was honey trapped by French Intelligence during his stay in Paris recently. This officer also holds the sensitive post of Member Secretary to the Special Investigation Team (SIT) on Black Money Commission. Readers of PGurus working in Paris told us that the French Intelligence has given the video to their RAW counterparts stationed in Paris.

Caught between wife and lover, Kumawat managed to get a plum posting for the lady officer in the Belgium embassy.

Why did Kumawat go to Paris?

US Kumawat landed Paris on an official meeting in connection with Financial Action Task Force (FATF), representing the country. The international meeting was from February 18 to 23. Before going to Paris, Kumawat tried to get a visitor’s visa to Belgium. A former lady colleague in the Finance Ministry is posted currently in Belgium. But having been denied the visa, Mr. Kumawat invited the said lady over to visit him in Paris. This lady colleague was a Director level officer in the Finance Ministry and it was known to all in the North Block about Kumawat’s rendezvous with this lady officer from the Indian Revenue Service (IRS).

Many officers say that Kumawat would always put a Red Light on his cabin door, as and when this officer enters his Cabin and this rendezvous will go on for hours. Seven months ago, as alerted by some colleagues with a sense of humor, Kumawat’s wife barged into his cabin and caught both of them and created a ruckus in the Finance Ministry. Kumawat’s wife had complained to senior levels in the Ministry and demanded that the said lady officer from the Ministry be kicked out, according to many officials.

Caught between wife and lover, Kumawat managed to get a plum posting for the lady officer in the Belgium embassy. Kumawat is controlling all the postings and transfers in Finance Ministry, Income Tax, Customs, Enforcement Directorate, Financial Intelligence Unit etc. Putting pressure on his boss and Finance Secretary Hasmukh Adhia, Kumawat managed a plum Belgium posting for the lady officer, ignoring the candidature of around 40 officers who had applied for the post.

Reaching Paris, Kumawat was accommodated in Hotel du Collectionneur in Paris and as he was denied a Visa to Belgium, he invited his lady-lover officer to Paris. The lady officer landed in Paris and the French agencies were eyeing on their rendezvous. Secret cameras fully recorded their tryst. Such is the “level” of one of the senior most officials of the Finance Ministry. He was there to attend the crucial International meet of FATF in Paris. The man who supposed to present India’s case was enjoying sleaze in Paris international meet of Financial Action Task Force (on Money Laundering) (FATF). And after February 23, the hotel management asked Kumawat to vacate, when he sought an extension of two more days. As hotel management was stubborn, Kumawat and the lady officer shifted to another hotel and continued their rendezvous on February 24 and 25. And the quick-footed French cops promptly started monitoring them at the new place.

PGurus has learned that a few days ago, the French Intelligence has given a copy of the Compact Disc (CD) of Kumawat and the lady officer rendezvous to the Research and Analytical Wing (RAW) officers stationed in Paris.

US Kumawat is a very powerful officer, having big links with the Congress, BJP, and National Congress Party (NCP) leaders. He is a 1993 Batch IAS officer from Bihar cadre. He worked with many BJP, Congress and NCP Ministers as an Officer on Special Duty (OSD). In August 2017, the Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi had repatriated Kumawat back to the Bihar cadre. Interestingly, he continues to be in the Union Finance Ministry and many political leaders have recommended for his extension of service in the Central Government up to March 2018 and recently the Finance Secretary Hasmukh Adhia has also recommended his extension up to May 2018! These incidents show the power of Uday Singh Kumawat, IAS. After ACC orders a transfer, how can an officer stay that long? Whose patronage is he enjoying? It is a known fact that many powerful politicians from all parties in Bihar were recommending the continuation of US Kumawat in Finance Ministry (what business is it of theirs, to ask the Center?), despite the ACC headed by Prime Minister transferring him back to Bihar cadre due to his sleaze activities in Finance Ministry.

It is time Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley kick out these types of sleazeball officers, who shame the country. A mere transfer won’t do. If this was the corporate world, Mr. Kumawat would be kicked out. This is what this officer deserves.
I CAN PROVE THIS ARTICLE IS A LIE. There is no such thing as a french visa, but a european visa allowing access to Belgium . this article is utter BS full of LIES. Please sue me ...

I CAN PROVE THIS ARTICLE IS A LIE. There is no such thing as a french visa, but a european visa allowing access to Belgium . this article is utter BS full of LIES. Please sue me ...

It's funny how one plot hole can ruin the entire movie, right?

Prove it. I hope you know that the SCHENGAN visa is applied to the first country of entry.

Schengen not Schengan. And wrong.it is valid for the whole Schengen space. It is applied by country of entry and is valid for the whole Schengen space.
Schengen VISA - Comprehensive information about Europe Visa

Not only those who try to sling mud are liars, but also pityful amateurs unable to check basic facts...
Buddy I have this Visa. AND let me tell you mostly I used it to go to Germany wherein I was stripped naked for search as they considered me to be a Turk.

Last edited by a moderator:
India’s first woman fighter pilot dreams of flying Rafale jets

India’s first woman fighter pilot dreams of flying Rafale jets
Indian air crews will fly the first lot of the French fighters to the country beginning in September 2019.
9U0io05.jpg
Flying Officer Avani Chaturvedi (left) with Squadron Leader Khushboo Gupta.(HT Photo)​
India’s first woman fighter pilot dreams of flying French-made Rafale warplanes someday, even as she is cutting her teeth on the extremely demanding MiG-21.​
“Right now I am focusing on the MiG-21 I have been assigned to. But as and when the IAF thinks I am good enough and suitable to fly a Rafale, I would love to do that,” said Flying Officer Avani Chaturvedi, who undertook a historic solo sortie in an MiG-21 Bison on February 19. She will become a “fully operational” fighter pilot in a year.​
Indian air crews will fly the first lot of the French fighters to the country beginning in September 2019, and the Indian Air Force (IAF) hopes to induct the 36 planes on order by 2022. As for her ability to fly Rafale warplanes, she has an endorsement from the person who counts.​
“It’s baptism by fire…if our women fighter pilots can fly the MiG-21s, then they can fly any aircraft in our fleet,” said IAF chief Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa, himself an MiG-21 fighter ace.​
Chaturvedi, along with Flying Officers Bhawana Kanth and Mohana Singh, may have emerged as the most recognisable faces of women in the IAF after being assigned to the fighter stream, but the gender integration hasn’t happened overnight.​
“It’s the culmination of a 25-year-old journey from the time women began joining the IAF in 1993, outside the medical stream. Today, they are important contributors to a wide spectrum of activities,” Dhanoa said on the eve of Women’s Day.​
IAF is the only one of India’s three defence arms to allow women in combat positions. Around a dozen countries including China and Pakistan allow women to fly fighter planes.​
The headcount of women in the IAF is close to 1,600, including 104 in the flying branch, but combat roles were off-limits to them until the service took the lead in crushing internal resistance to grant them equal opportunities in 2014.​
“When I joined the Air Force Academy, there was no provision for women flying fighter planes. The moment that opportunity arose, I had no doubt in my mind that I wanted to fly fighters,” said Chaturvedi.​
The first woman helicopter pilot to land at forward posts on the Siachen glacier agrees that things have changed a lot for women in the IAF during the last 25 years.​
“During my training days, my instructor would tell me ‘don’t even dream of getting posted to Ladakh and flying choppers there.’ But here I am landing my Cheetah helicopter on a matchbox-sized helipads at altitudes of nearly 20,000 feet in Siachen,” said Squadron Leader Khushboo Gupta, one of the two women serving in the Leh-based 114 Helicopter Unit, also known as Siachen Pioneers.​
The air force’s Cheetah and Cheetal choppers are being stretched to their limit to sustain the army’s high altitude deployments.​
“These helicopters are designed to fly at high altitudes but not at the extreme heights we are flying them at,” said Gupta, whose husband Wing Commander SK Pradhan is also with the Siachen Pioneers.​

Reactions: Bon Plan
Schengen not Schengan. And wrong.it is valid for the whole Schengen space. It is applied by country of entry and is valid for the whole Schengen space.
Schengen VISA - Comprehensive information about Europe Visa

Not only those who try to sling mud are liars, but also pityful amateurs unable to check basic facts...

you and vstol both are right in a way. it is valid for Schengen space but you have to respect the first entry rule. example you want to go to france you apply to French embassy/consulate and get Schengen visa issued by them. fly to france do the passport control in france and after that you are free to go any Schengen countries. You wont need to go through passport control again in another Schengen country . i don't know what would happen if one has Schengen visa issued by say france and you want to go to Germany first. May be possible but i wont try it as it could turn out to be an expensive mistake

you and vstol both are right in a way. it is valid for Schengen space but you have to respect the first entry rule. example you want to go to france you apply to French embassy/consulate and get Schengen visa issued by them. fly to france do the passport control in france and after that you are free to go any Schengen countries. You wont need to go through passport control again in another Schengen country . i don't know what would happen if one has Schengen visa issued by say france and you want to go to Germany first. May be possible but i wont try it as it could turn out to be an expensive mistake
It's not correct. I had visa for Finland, but since I was flying by KLM, I had to go through passport control at Schiphol, Amsterdam. So the first port of entry is not tied to the country which issued the Schengen Visa.

If there are any recent changes, then I am not aware of that.

• Agree
Reactions: suryakiran

LOL.... how does that prove that the article is a lie ? it only proves that the author did not know the real reason that IAS officer did not fly to belgium but asked his lover to come to france to get frisky and promptly got captured on CCTV, compromising his integrity.

I have already mentioned two distinct scenarios where such a thing was possible. 1. restricted visa access and 2. Internal inquiry if he left for belgium since he had no official work there.

As per the offset requirements, Safran is supposed to help in Kaveri engine,.
So why do we have to buy or use SAFRAN engines,

Kaveri engines are developed by India and India should have the IPR, Safran has the obligation to help in Kaveri development due to offset and for which India is paying higher price per unit.

300+ LCA planes - 840 Engines approx.

840 x $5Mn (guestimate) - $4200 Mn

For 840 Engines, if the same number is used in Rafales - 150+ Rafales

Count more for AMCAs and possibly more other birds.

We are talking about a possible $10 Bn plus such military engines in fighter jets to be there in our own Indian ecosystem with maximum to Indian companies.

The question to ask - Will GE or EJ give core tech and all other subsystems to DRDO to licence produce under a JV and local ecosystem for Kaveri. Till date they have never even officially acknowledged that portion. Will thety accept a similar arrangement and make a newer version of kaveri reaching almost 125-130Kn AB? They wont even commit for it ever and change the yardstick whever possible.

Secondly, Safran also brings in the commercial Jet engines for our aviation industry. Will P&W, or other majors do the same?

Author should stop being myopic and only point Rafale. Rafly coming yes gets strengthened but the engine tech going into our fighter and commerical plane is far important. It makes us capable for a global MRO perspective as well. We are talking about multi Billion dollar business over decades. We dont get with others.

In fact, we should push for more components for Airbus for the deals under MII that we did for Indigo and Spicejet. The orders itself is humongous for A320 Neos from these airlines.

LOL, really? Thats Swamy's character assessment from you??

He does not hate the Rafale. He doesn't know anything about the military in fact to hate something so specific.

It's an age old trick. Politicians will make a lot of noise about something when they believe they smell something fishy and hope that some "insider" will step forward and present them proof of a "scam" secretly. If it is indeed a scam, they come out as heroes for exposing it.

There would have been a possibility that NaMo discussed something with Swamy and that perhaps deflected the issue.

In other way, Swamy is known to do something that he says, He did claim that Sunanda pushkar case was a murder, and in a way that case is now in public domain as a murder and not a natural death., He also partly ensure that Karti ends in CBI custody. And I guess PC will join soon,

Swamy is the guy who single handed brought down Vajpayee govt, He is a serious guy but he can be reasoned with in some ways, not all the ways.

I have linked to it. Here it is again:

BJP leader Subramanian Swamy threatens to move court against Rafale deal

“No one is buying the planes in the country. Dassault (Aviation- the company which manufactures the fighter jets) says if India does not buy these planes then they will wind up. Many counties like Switzerland signed an MoU, but later cancelled it,” Swamy said.​

1. When he said that, Egypt had already bought 24 Rafale. This had been much publicized, so anyone with any remote interest in the question would have known it. To claim otherwise shows that either he doesn't know what he's talking about and hadn't even spent 30 seconds for looking it up on the Internet before talking about it, or he deliberately said a lie. In either case, because the lie is so blatant, it makes of him a clown.
2. Dassault never said this. First, it too was demonstrably false: the French military programming law guaranteed Dassault 11 orders per year until 2019. If the Rafale had not been exported, then France would have simply bought more of them, those were the terms of the contract. Secondly, Dassault has a civilian activity, which represented around 70% of its income back in 2015. So even without selling Rafales to anyone, Dassault would still be around. Finally, why would Dassault ever say this, even if it were somehow true? Such a claim basically translates to "please rip us off, we're vulnerable" and only the most complete morons (like Swamy) would ever think such a thing is believable.
3. Switzerland didn't have any MoU. It had a competition, which the Rafale won, and then the Swiss government preferred to go with a cheaper aircraft (that arrived last in the competition and failed it on every single criteria in the evaluation, BTW), which led to a referendum canceling the deal altogether.

Swamy is full of shit.

The senior BJP leader added that if the government wanted to please France, then it should have bought the company, which is anyway running into losses.​

“If the government does not agree to this, then I have to go to the court. It is a corrupt deal and can spoil the name of the party.​

Buying the company is impossible, would definitely not please France if it were possible, and Dassault was not running into losses. Three more points of Swamy being a clown who takes the people listening to his lies for complete morons. How colossally stupid must you be to believe the kind of shit he says?

Also he said he would have to go to the court. Now, you know what happened -- India bought the Rafale, paid the first installments, the aircraft are being built, Indian pilots are being trained. Did Swamy go to court? No, he didn't, because, once again, he's a clown and a liar and the stuff that comes out of his mouth is undistinguishable from the stuff that comes out of his anus.