Rafale DH/EH of Indian Air Force : News and Discussions

This article is speaking with regard to the upcoming tile radars around the airframe, not SPECTRA.

View attachment 27413
Very nice info(y). This kind of arrangement would make swashplate mounted AESA radars redundant.

As of today, planes like Typhoon, Gripen, Su-30MKI and Su-35S can fire a BVR missile and crank away from the target yet guide the missile till the very end because of their radar repositioner. They can track targets almost 100+° off boresight in BVR combat. Rafale currently lacks this capability.

Typhoon's Captor-E, Gripen-E's Raven, even our Tejas Mk2's and Su-30 MKI UPG' Uttam 2/3 will all have AESA swashplate radars. Rafale F5 will nose ahead of them all with this tile AESA array as it will provide almost 360° coverage, much more than the aforementioned swashplate mounted AESA radars. Very handy for BVR combat. I am really impressed with F5 Rafale. F4 doesn't look that ahead of what we've already got.

I already told you that @halloweene confused Radar with SPECTRA. I gave him that explanation, but it applied to SPECTRA and he applies it to Radar which doesn't make sense anymore.

That's not really good news then, it would mean SPECTRA antennas today are analog instead.

Otoh, we know the radar is analog, which I've speculated DRDO's digital radar has allowed it to surpass the RBE2 AESA. A digital upgrade for the radar makes more sense. But it doesn't make sense that SPECTRA has been analog throughout the 2010s, when most other Western companies had already switched to digital antennas, some even digital GaN.

To me, it makes more sense to apply it to the radar 'cause SPECTRA presumably already has digital antennas. So, while SPECTRA can get a quicker GaN roadmap, the radar with its new digital antennas will be the standard for F4. F5 onwards, we get the new radar with comm, EW etc.

And 18 more Rafales in the Dassault Aviation order book!
After the first six in September 2022, Indonesia will very soon put into effect 18 additional Rafales as part of the 42 Rafale order signed in February 2022.

Indonesia officially became the seventh export customer in September 2022 (Credits: Dassault Aviation)
Eighteen more Rafales will soon be added to Dassault Aviation's order book, according to sources. These 18 new aircraft are part of the 42 Rafales ordered by Indonesia in February 2022 from Dassault Aviation for a total amount of 8.1 billion dollars including weapons. Then in September 2022, Jakarta put into effect the first six Rafales (from $1.1 to $1.3 billion).
Second tranche
According to our information, Indonesia has released a new budget of about $2.3 billion to acquire 18 Rafales and a small budget to arm the aircraft with air-to-air missiles. The financing rider has reportedly been signed. The implementation of the second tranche with the payment of the down payment is imminent. A forthcoming visit to France by Defence Minister Prabowo Subianto, if confirmed, could be the occasion to formalise this implementation. Finally, the last tranche of 18 aircraft should also be confirmed in the coming months.
Indonesia officially became the seventh export customer in September 2022. The list of international Rafale customers is growing: United Arab Emirates (80 aircraft), Egypt (55), Qatar (36), India (36), Greece (18), Croatia (12) and Indonesia (6 of 42). In addition, the budget for the purchase of the 12 second-hand Mirage 2000-5s from Qatar has apparently also been released (about $700 million).

Michel Cabirol

And 18 more Rafales in the Dassault Aviation order book!
After the first six in September 2022, Indonesia will very soon put into effect 18 additional Rafales as part of the 42 Rafale order signed in February 2022.

Indonesia officially became the seventh export customer in September 2022 (Credits: Dassault Aviation)
Eighteen more Rafales will soon be added to Dassault Aviation's order book, according to sources. These 18 new aircraft are part of the 42 Rafales ordered by Indonesia in February 2022 from Dassault Aviation for a total amount of 8.1 billion dollars including weapons. Then in September 2022, Jakarta put into effect the first six Rafales (from $1.1 to $1.3 billion).
Second tranche
According to our information, Indonesia has released a new budget of about $2.3 billion to acquire 18 Rafales and a small budget to arm the aircraft with air-to-air missiles. The financing rider has reportedly been signed. The implementation of the second tranche with the payment of the down payment is imminent. A forthcoming visit to France by Defence Minister Prabowo Subianto, if confirmed, could be the occasion to formalise this implementation. Finally, the last tranche of 18 aircraft should also be confirmed in the coming months.
Indonesia officially became the seventh export customer in September 2022. The list of international Rafale customers is growing: United Arab Emirates (80 aircraft), Egypt (55), Qatar (36), India (36), Greece (18), Croatia (12) and Indonesia (6 of 42). In addition, the budget for the purchase of the 12 second-hand Mirage 2000-5s from Qatar has apparently also been released (about $700 million).

Michel Cabirol
Don't forget to thank CAATSA. Indo run russian and US, as well as a korean partnership. France is replacing Russia.

IMG_1800.jpeg

Indian IRST

Don't forget to thank CAATSA. Indo run russian and US, as well as a korean partnership. France is replacing Russia.
Looking back at how some learned Aussies like Dr. Carlo Kopp and Peter Goon use to obsess over Indonesian Flankers, maybe now Rafale would be next threat for Australia. They should restart Air Power Aus to argue how only NGAD can defeat Rafale and Fatty won't cut it, lol.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Though I do accept your national pride in the Rafale. I can only imagine what it will be like. When India produces a decent fighter.
Tejas is a world class "light-weight fighter" and even our biggest hurdle, ie, aero engine is slowly getting resolved as dry Kaveri engine is ready. Only a matter of time before we produce a kickass fighter. How many has Australia produced anyway?

Tejas is a world class "light-weight fighter" and even our biggest hurdle, ie, aero engine is slowly getting resolved as dry Kaveri engine is ready. Only a matter of time before we produce a kickass fighter. How many has Australia produced anyway?
How wonderful, I read you like a book.

How wonderful, I read you like a book.

You should've thrown the Ghost Bat at him , pops plus the fact that the Aussies are copying tech from the 1950's to replicate an amphibious aircraft selling in to the bloody Indians of all people or the 40's to drive piston engine powered drones.

I mean how many countries in your neighborhood can boast of doing so ? Kiwis ? Naa .P&NG ? Naa . Fiji , perhaps ? See my point. Plus you'd be building SSNs shortly . Then there's the hypersonic program mostly peopled by expatriates from Europe & the US. But who'd know that little detail out here ?

• Agree
Reactions: Optimist
A very nice compil of great fly in rafale. Some very low level fly. Very impressive.
And some OSF sequences !!
A special sequence for all the country using rafale.
The fox2 on f-22.
At 11:08 we can see DDM or talios picture

Last edited:
A very nice compil of great fly in rafale. Some very low level fly. Very impressive.
And some OSF sequences !!
A special sequence for all the country using rafale.
The fox2 on f-22.
At 11:08 we can see DDM or talios picture
Kermit, are you guys still trying to make a guns only dogfight with the F-22. Into some magic event where a missile counts? In the real world, the Rafale would have never seen the F-22 and would suddenly have the missile warning go off, just before it explodes.

• Haha
Reactions: Bon Plan
Kermit, are you guys still trying to make a guns only dogfight with the F-22. Into some magic event where a missile counts? In the real world, the Rafale would have never seen the F-22 and would suddenly have the missile warning go off, just before it explodes.
Guns only is thee only card they have where Rafail can compete with an F-22 and F-35... but then again T-38/F5 can also use that card as well. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Bon Plan