Rafale DH/EH of Indian Air Force : News and Discussions

Bisons lack MAWS?

What About RWR?

RWR and SPJ is 4th gen standard, most US legacy fighters still remain at that level (F15/16/18 production standards), but especially Europeans have introduced far more capable EW systems and you see more and more US legacy fighter customers, moving to adding IRST or EW sensors. Saudi F15s now have IR MAWS too.

Reactions: rockstarIN
If India had Rafale jets, recent outcomes would have been different: PM Narendra Modi

Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the country is today feeling the absence of Rafale fighter jets. He said if previous governments had purchased the Rafale aircraft the outcome of the recent incidents could have been different.
Speaking at the India Today Conclave 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said there is a lot of talk in the country these days that the country is suffering due to the absence of Rafale fighter jets.
"In dino bahut charcha chal rahi hai aur ek swar uth raha hai ki desh main Rafale ki kami khal rahi hai. Aaj Hindustan ek swar main keh raha hai ki aaj agar hamre paas Rafale hota toh shayad parinam kuch aur hota (Today there is talk that India is missing the Rafale jets. The entire nation is saying that if India had Rafale jets today, the outcome of the recent incidents would have been something different)," he said.

If India had Rafale jets, recent outcomes would have been different: PM Narendra Modi

Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the country is today feeling the absence of Rafale fighter jets. He said if previous governments had purchased the Rafale aircraft the outcome of the recent incidents could have been different.
Speaking at the India Today Conclave 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said there is a lot of talk in the country these days that the country is suffering due to the absence of Rafale fighter jets.
"In dino bahut charcha chal rahi hai aur ek swar uth raha hai ki desh main Rafale ki kami khal rahi hai. Aaj Hindustan ek swar main keh raha hai ki aaj agar hamre paas Rafale hota toh shayad parinam kuch aur hota (Today there is talk that India is missing the Rafale jets. The entire nation is saying that if India had Rafale jets today, the outcome of the recent incidents would have been something different)," he said.
goodevening sir , it is possible for early delivery of the fighter jets , just in case we need to use them soon .

goodevening sir , it is possible for early delivery of the fighter jets , just in case we need to use them soon .

No early delivery possible, since most of the fighters are produced for Egypt, Qatar and French forces now. Our order came only after those and without additional Rafale orders, the production rate can't be increased either.

Some are already produced. The first one was flying in early october if I remember well.
So Yes, probably.

The planes are in a near french F3R standart, ie F3R without nuclear devices and for now without the indian specific features. And I think Indian hasn't order yet the air to ground weapons except SCALP.
So the plane will be immediatly fully potent in air to air role, and in deep strike with SCALP. For the rest you will have to wait.
I hope that IAF will order some AASM Hammer...
Even for SPICE bombs, it's unclear.... adapted to Rafale? Ordered for Rafale?

No early delivery possible, since most of the fighters are produced for Egypt, Qatar and French forces now. Our order came only after those and without additional Rafale orders, the production rate can't be increased either.
You are wrong.
Some are already produced for India.
Qatar order specified 11 planes by year. Egypt order is nearly fullfilled (23 delivered on 24)
Dassault is now on a production track of 26/year and no delivery for France until 2 or 3 years.
=>Do your math Bro.

Reactions: Shekhar Singh
Public servants possibly stole Rafale papers: Govt drops bombshell in Supreme Court
  • Papers on pricing stolen from ministry miles, given to media group: Govt
  • Review plea filed by Prashant Bhushan contained extracts from stolen documents: AG
  • Removal of papers is being investigated: AG
The government told the Supreme Court on Wednesday that documents linked to the controversial Rafale deal for French-made fighter planes have been stolen, possibly by public servants.

Attorney General KK Venugopal said papers regarding the pricing of the Rafales -- a topic of furious political debate -- were stolen from ministry files and given to The Hindu newspaper for publishing.

He also said a review petition and an affidavit filed by senior advocate Prashant Bhushan contained extracts from the stolen documents, and these should be dismissed.

Venugopal told the Supreme Court that people who accessed the documents were guilty of violating the Official Secrets Act. But Prashant Bhushan said there was no infringement, explaining that the information on file notings was open under the Right To Information.

The government has informed the top court that the removal of the papers is already being investigated.

Fierce attacks exchanged for months by the Modi government and the Opposition have focused on the NDA administration's deal for 36 Rafale jets, all in ready-to-fly condition. The new agreement replaced a scrapped UPA deal for more planes overall, and which required most of the jets to be made in India.

On one hand, the Congress has relentlessly accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi of crony capitalism and corruption, pointing -- among other things -- to the choice of Reliance Defence as an offset partner of the jetmaker, Dassault Aviation.

On the other hand, Prime Minister Narendra Modi says India felt the absence of Rafale fighters as tensions with Pakistan escalated last week. The politicisation of the deal, he said at the India Today Conclave, had harmed the national interest.

The Supreme Court ruled last year that there was "no occasion to doubt" the Centre's decision-making process in the procurement of Rafale jets. But a review plea has been filed, and one of the petitioners in Prashant Bhushan.

Attorney General Venugopal told the court on Wednesday that judicial review of the Rafale case would affect future defence purchases.

He said the government had to pass the hurdle of Parliament, media and then courts.

The hearing was set to continue at 2 pm. KK Venugopal will inform the court of steps taken regarding the stolen documents.

@Picdelamirand-oil, @halloweene, @Bon Plan, can we fit Meteor to upgraded M2Ks?
Never read something about that.

The range of the radar could be correct for a full NEZ use, not for a full range fire (but useless because small pk).

Only stations available : 1 on each side of the frame (because Meteor is too long to fit 2 one behind the other like MICA), 2x1 under each heavy point under the wings (but no external tanks in this case...). The two external points under the wings : I dont know if a 160+ kg missile can be put there, and I think these 2 ports will be used for MICA IR or a short range IR missile, never Meteor.

Last edited:
Never read something about that.

Only stations available : 1 on each side of the frame (because Meteor is too long to fit 2 one behind the other like MICA), 2x1 under each heavy point under the wings (but no external tanks in this case...). The two external points under the wings : I dont know if a 160+ kg missile can be put there, and I think these 2 ports will be used for MICA IR or a short range IR missile, never Meteor.
I have my doubts on it. The original BVRAAM for M2k was Matra Super 530D which is 3.81m long and weighed 275 kgs. Even if we lose D/Ts on the inboard pylons we have centerline station available for D/T. may be we can put Meteor on the rear fuselage stations of M2k just like Rafale and retain three D/ts for extended range/endurance CAP ops. This config will astill allow us to carry 4xMica+2xMeteor and 3xD/Ts.

I have my doubts on it. The original BVRAAM for M2k was Matra Super 530D which is 3.81m long and weighed 275 kgs. Even if we lose D/Ts on the inboard pylons we have centerline station available for D/T. may be we can put Meteor on the rear fuselage stations of M2k just like Rafale and retain three D/ts for extended range/endurance CAP ops. This config will astill allow us to carry 4xMica+2xMeteor and 3xD/Ts.
One Meteor and one Mica on each side of the frame? Seems there is space available....
1552030112273.png

=============================================
What the govt will order soon, which I think anyway...
Army:
Rifles, carbines - FTP
AK-103
Ka-226T
ATAGS
1 regiment of Brahmos
464 T-90MS

Air force:
LCA Mk1A
Ka-226T
I want to add the 2 Phalcons to this list as well.

Navy:
ASW corvettes

What may not happen within the next few months. Least likely to be ordered.
Army:
T-90S upgrades
464 T-90MS... Could be delayed due to the ongoing discussion on T-90S upgrades. But the contract is with CCS now, so nothing's stopping its signature.
6 Apache... AFAIK, contract negotiation is already done. I would put it in the previous list, but I'm not sure yet.

Air force:
Nothing here. Everything I listed is expected to happen in this term.

Navy:
Nothing here either. I had pointed out NMRH only because you brought it up.

Do you see how short the list is now? Quite literally only the T-90 left.

Let's compare this list with ground realities once the Moral Code of Conduct comes into force, shall we?
Failed on most counts except small arms, i say
How do you evaluate the status, to your list - polling dates have been already announced.