S-400 'Triumf' News & Discussion

Why don't you eductate yourself on Pakistan's defence preparedness instead of letting the Guinness you've imbibed do the writing and wasting our collective time & bandwidth?
All I know is that China will ask Russia to switch off your SAMs and they will.

And why do you think it will not work the other way round?
Remember, we import much more weapons from them than China. Not to mention, India is going to import even more in the future.
Besides, Russia has wares to sell. If they disable their wares in India, they lose one customer and they lose reputation too.
When two customers fight in your shop, you just ask them to go outside and fight and keep out of their brawl. You know, common sense, so uncommon these days.

Last edited:
They'll be able to jam them effectively since they designed them, there's probably a hidden kill code too. I wouldn't like to have to rely on them.

No such thing.

China will help them though.

China won't help them with real time satellite intelligence.

You forget that China wants Russian land.

Russia offers India their best tech, while giving China their 2nd grade stuff.

No such thing.

China won't help them with real time satellite intelligence.

You forget that China wants Russian land.

Russia offers India their best tech, while giving China their 2nd grade stuff.
Series of wishful assumptions.

That's old business now.

More wishful thinking.

A defence plan should never be based on wishful thinking.

Series of wishful assumptions.

That's old business now.

More wishful thinking.

A defence plan should never be based on wishful thinking.

You are the only one wishing it. But our S-400 will work even if the Russians themselves attack us.

And why do you think it will not work the other way round?
Remember, we import much more weapons from them than China. Not to mention, India is going to import even more in the future.
Besides, Russia has wares to sell. If they disable their wares in India, they lose one customer and they lose reputation too.
When two customers fight in your shop, you just ask them to go outside and fight and keep out of their brawl. You know, common sense, so uncommon these days.
Because China is Russia's most important ally and trading partner. Simple. You are hugely deluded if you think India is more important to Russia than China.

It won't work against China though, which is your greatest adversary.
China does not seek war with India and neither does India seek war with China. But both have enough deterrence power to cause great harm in case anyone pokes their nose. So, there is no need to give special attention to Chinese attack on India. Just because a country neighbours India doesn't mean it is going to be bloody always.

Why cant the pakistanis or chinese just overwhelm the s400 with a larger number of glide bombs or CM that the number of S400 SAM's?
Overwhelming with glide bombs is not possible as the plane will be shot down before bombs are dropped. Also, such cheap bombs will not be engaged by expensive missiles. Cheap stinger or VSHORAD missiles will be used for glide bombs.

Cruise missiles will be engaged by less expensive missile but better than stonger ones as Cruise missiles don't maneuver and hence easy to hit even by less impressive SAM.

No offence but I think you are being overconfident. There will be something we might be missing out thats totally out of the box. I would seriously never put all our hopes in the s400 basket. If we really had the thing to neutralize them we wouldnt be loosing so many at LOC. I really dont care if we have s400's, Hypersonic missiles or su30mkis if we are really never going to use them while the other side is conveniently screwing with us. We should increase the price so high that they would dare not fire a bullet. I dont see that happening any time soon.
The SAMs, radar etc work only in plain lands. Mountains in Himalayan range will block the path.

About cost for pakistan, other than wipe out, there is none. Pakistan is irrational. It is like dealing with wild animal. Even if India kills 1lakh pakistanis, they will still irritate to the last man

That means their AWACS cann't snoop inside Indian airspace and not to mention, they will have much tougher time supporting their fighters in their own airspace.
AEWACS are always the first asset to be shot down as they have too high RCS and easily visible. Unless Pakistan knows to make their own AEWACS, their AEWACS are going to be dead in 2-3 days of war even without S400

Because China is Russia's most important ally and trading partner. Simple. You are hugely deluded if you think India is more important to Russia than China.
India does not rely only on imports. S400 is not just import but like all deals with Russia, some technology transfer is likely to be involved.

Moreover, India sees less of Chinese risk as there isn't much of a reason for either side to lose its people. Neither India nor China is Savage in behavior or attitude.

China does not seek war with India and neither does India seek war with China. But both have enough deterrence power to cause great harm in case anyone pokes their nose. So, there is no need to give special attention to Chinese attack on India. Just because a country neighbours India doesn't mean it is going to be bloody always.
You can't use the assumption of peace as a preparation for war. I look at China's position of the SCS and Taiwan and see it as having goals to retake all territories which is considers lost or otherwise belonging to it.

• Agree
Reactions: suryakiran
India does not rely only on imports. S400 is not just import but like all deals with Russia, some technology transfer is likely to be involved.

Moreover, India sees less of Chinese risk as there isn't much of a reason for either side to lose its people. Neither India nor China is Savage in behavior or attitude.
Except in June 1989 and their threats to invade Taiwan.

Except in June 1989 and their threats to invade Taiwan.
China always considered Taiwan as China itself. In fact, Taiwan split from China due to civil tussle between CPC & KMT in 1949, both declaring themselves as China!

People in India have different culture than China and China can't make Indians assimilate. Chinese have not shown their intention of converting other people to Chinese in the past either. So, there isn't much of China problem to India

China always considered Taiwan as China itself. In fact, Taiwan split from China due to civil tussle between CPC & KMT in 1949, both declaring themselves as China!

People in India have different culture than China and China can't make Indians assimilate. Chinese have not shown their intention of converting other people to Chinese in the past either. So, there isn't much of China problem to India
Your logic is pure gold. Were you Kshitij Sharma aka Pachawry in your previous avataars by any chance?

Yes, with Taiwan being the democratic China and China being the despot China.

Yeah, except with their re-education camps for Tibetans and Uyghurs.

Yes, with Taiwan being the democratic China and China being the despot China.

Yeah, except with their re-education camps for Tibetans and Uyghurs.
I don't think Tibetans are being put into re-education.

Uighurs are terrorists and deserve everything that is coming their way. They should be grateful that China is not attacking them more lethally

I don't think Tibetans are being put into re-education.

Uighurs are terrorists and deserve everything that is coming their way. They should be grateful that China is not attacking them more lethally
They put in everyone who doesn't see things their way.

It actually is not. We program the radars ourselves, add new signals and stuff. So they can't jam their way in. And they don't bug their stuff with kill switches.
Sure. They know the raw hardware capabilities, they know how to jam it and turn it off. You can't use weapons supplied by a friend of your enemy or your enemy. That's basic commonsense.