Small Arms & Tactical Equipment

It was attempted a few times in the past, but to no avail. Any specific reasons as to why you think this will work now ?

Modi hai to mumkin hai

Jokes apart. He simply has the support of the people to take the hard decisions and Indians are becoming wiser.

He simply has the support of the people to take the hard decisions and Indians are becoming wiser.
Even with Modi's massive political mandate taking on the labor unions won't be easy. It will be politically expensive. I do hope we can get something done, had enough of lip service offered by p[politicians.

Reactions: Paro
no need to bring in tax stamp, its a government thing about it, for the manufacturer it doesn't take a dollar more to build a select-fire vs semi auto product.

Was saying that even if one feels the need to bring the gun up to the 'Military/LE standard' using purely retail means, it still doesn't cost as much as what OFB is demanding here for a bulk order of INSAS.

What is this ADTL?

Alpha Design Technologies Ltd.

This scope -

But there's ambiguity regarding the specs of this scope...I've no idea if its an upgrade or downgrade to the PSO-1 in terms of magnification power.

A lot of helmets with NVG mounts and side rails. Most likely the new MKU helmets that were ordered by the Army. The guys wearing the helmets are regular troops. So will this become the standard issue helmet for IA ? The initial lot of MKU helmets didn't hve NVG mounts or side rails, maybe they were later added or the order was modified.

View attachment 9396View attachment 9397

I don't know, but it sure feels good to see our guys with helmets and BPJ's at long last, and hopefully in the near future, better rifles too.

• Agree
Reactions: Killbot and Gautam
Can we use ADTL on Dragunov?
5.56 nato ball ammo 62 grain, 0.22c/r that's what I paid last time for 2000 rounds.

Insas for $1000 bucks is purely stupid.
PSA AR15 routinely builds for $350
So does BCA, radical arms.

For 1000 bucks you are looking at AR15, with a good drop in trigger as well as high end BCG.
no need to bring in tax stamp, its a government thing about it, for the manufacturer it doesn't take a dollar more to build a select-fire vs semi auto product.

You can mount any scope to the SVD, if the scope's tube size is the same as the pso-1 you can use the same side mount, if the tube size is different, any armorer can change the mounting rings and install the scope on new ring mounts.

What is this ADTL?
Alpha Design Tech Limited

Their HQ is near my place...
office looks awesome

Remember the SS-LMT upgraded Dragunov ? Well here is the Dragunov being tested with a full upgrade kit, with a new muzzle brake, 5x25x56 optic, full picatinny rail and skeletal buttstock.

1566997604337.png

Just wish I had a better picture.

Reactions: GuardianRED
Currently used ACH/MICH Helmets with NVG Mount &/or Rails :

MARCOS : Batlskin Viper P2 ACH + Vel Cro
1567180354379.png

PARA SF : Batlskin Viper P2 ACH
1567180408149.png

Regular RR : MKU Ballistic ACH
1567180428642.png

BIHAR STF : SRG Tactical ACH
1567180517488.png

And of course the earliest users NSG :
1567180582598.png

As was mentioned before, Quarter zip combat T-shirts are getting more and more common. Here in IA standard camo :

1567180763848.png

An IA AMC Airborne Medic armed with Czech VZ-58 carrying an injured infantryman during a war drill :
1567180935373.png

@Milspec here is a better view of the bolt of the OFB 7.62N sniper rifle. I still can't identify bolts, do you still think its a Lee Enfield type bolt ?

View attachment 9761
Hi Gautam,
looked at it carefully, its a the same style bolt as carried in the 30.06 OFP Sporter.

1567310363569.png

There might be something quite interesting about the 30 06 sporter and the OFB7.62 sporter in turn. I feel these are Sauer 200/202 inspired rifle, which is quite a unique bolt.

Sauer 202,
1567311118234.png

Attachments

• 1567311018412.png
    1567311018412.png
    335 KB · Views: 177
Was saying that even if one feels the need to bring the gun up to the 'Military/LE standard' using purely retail means, it still doesn't cost as much as what OFB is demanding here for a bulk order of INSAS.

Alpha Design Technologies Ltd.

This scope -

But there's ambiguity regarding the specs of this scope...I've no idea if its an upgrade or downgrade to the PSO-1 in terms of magnification power.
Lets hope it's not rebadged 3rd party optics, Indian cos are notorious for doing this.

SIG Sauer's offer for the US Army NGSW program for a M4 & M249 replacement weapon(s). The rifle replacement is termed NGSW-R and the SAW replacement is termed NGSW-AR - both in 6.8mm calibre.

EDjUnwdXkAsgFSN

SIG is one of the three companies that were selected to provide prototypes for further testing. The others being AAI (a Textron subsidiary):

D9WiydUVAAUYc4U

D9Wib-_U4AA5HX7

..and General Dynamics Ordnance & Tactical Systems, who's offering I can't seem to find on the net.

Last edited:
Reactions: GuardianRED