Suggestions

Parikrama, can we have Sports Section? I want to start thread on Premier League.

Edit: Section to Post Pics as well?

@Aashish
may be is the sports are of some international level... we are trying to avoid all casual things and create a forum for proper discussions on topics

missing the country flag. hard to identify the origin of member. so would be great to add country flag and location flag.

@mods, can you please disable this email notifications about threads being replied?
In future you will not get emails for intracting with threads. For threads which are already in 'watched' state you have to 'unwatch' it manualy.

Screenshot-2017-12-4 Suggestions.png

missing the country flag. hard to identify the origin of member. so would be great to add country flag and location flag.

It has been kept out for a reason....... We are looking at a place where a debate can be conducted without prejudice, This is an experiment, Let us see how it goes.....

Sirs.

Is there any way that there is a mechanism placed to prevent random opening of threads? There are members here who are opening threads by the hour without any contribution save for some of the most ridiculous statements and banter.

That hardly resonates with the aim this forum is aiming for. Look at the Kashmir thread, the OP has disappeared and simply hovers and moves, without any attempt at defending any aspect of the OP the member has found resonance with.

Some of the contentions are highly suspect and are the typical trend of the mainstream media wherein an idea is inserted into the public domain which has no base and an issue is created out of it.

I would urge the management to seriously look at a mechanism to make it difficult for members to open threads on whims and fancies and without any source. Any member who has to open a thread, must have contribution on it too. We can have system settings to enable news feed as threads if we want, why do we need members for that?

@Aashish @nair @Ashwin

I think we have to take a call on content farming and making paid editorials as discussion topics.

What I suggest personally is to keep the forum sections clean and open an EDITORIAL/NEWS section to post as many articles as needed. Limit opening of new threads on forums to " discussion topics "

Alternatively the trends at the start of the forum many members might be inclined to populate the threads as a result so many new threads are visible . We have to get that balance to cater to all sections equally.

Falcon I enjoy your posts personally keep them coming.

Reactions: nair
@Aashish @Ashwin @Himanshu Pandey here are a few suggestions.

1. number of listed threads in "New Post" is 15 per page now, I suggest to make it 50 per page.......people prefer to scroll down than switching through pages, that's why you will see most shopping sites keep adding product listings below as you scroll down...more than 80% google searches don't go beyond the 1st page listings...because people don't like to go to 2nd page....so 50 threads per page would be more user friendly for easy navigation.

2. "New Posts" should have options like a) New Posts & Threads b) New Posts c) New Threads d) Profile Posts, etc. It's not a unique feature, but useful one, especially options B & C, people do want to check which posts are trending, as well as all the new threads posted.

3. Also remember in a forum the most important page is the "New Posts" that shows how active and rich the forum is and attracts people, highlight that page in the Home Page and encourage people to click on it. The more you highlight new posts, the more engaging the forum becomes........maybe use small 'New Posts' columns on the right side...again, not a new idea, but effective one.

I would have also suggested to land the Forum link (Strategic Frontier Research Discussions Forum) on "New Posts", but you have already put a part of the "New Posts" on the forum page, so that part is covered now. It is a good design.

4. Somehow the confirmation mails are going to spam folder, and initially the site was showing as suspicious site in Chrome Android, do check why.

:)

Last edited:
@Aashish @Ashwin @Himanshu Pandey here are a few suggestions.

1. number of listed threads in "New Post" is 15 per page now, I suggest to make it 50 per page.......people prefer to scroll down than switching through pages, that's why you will see most shopping sites keep adding product listings below as you scroll down...more than 80% google searches don't go beyond the 1st page listings...because people don't like to go to 2nd page....so 50 threads per page would be more user friendly for easy navigation.

2. "New Post" should have options like a) New Posts & Threads b) New Posts c) New Threads d) Profile Posts, etc. It's not a unique feature, but useful one, especially options B & C, people do want to check which posts are trending, as well as all the new threads posted.

3. Also remember in a forum the most important page is the "New Posts" that shows how active and rich the forum is and attracts people, highlight that page in the Home Page and encourage people to click on it. The more you highlight new posts, the more engaging the forum becomes........maybe use small 'New Posts' columns on the right side...again, not a new idea, but effective one.

I would have also suggest to land the Forum link (Strategic Frontier Research Discussions Forum) on "New Posts", but you have already put a part of the "New Posts" on the forum page, so that part is covered now. It is a good design.

4. Somehow the confirmation mails are going to spam folder, and initially the site was showing as suspicious site in Chrome Android, do check why.

:)

Sir , thanks !

4. New domain , status unknown by most tracking will take a month to update to safe standard.

3. Working on the new posts/newthreads idea both on homepage and sidebar with sbox feature

2. Trending today/Hot today is a good option.

1. Will need to install AJAX based live posts feature , this is vanilla as of now needs a lot of work , many working on the same ideas.

Reactions: dray and Aashish
That's infinite scrolling, it don't use pagination. When we make posts to 50 it will slow the page loading. It will be multiplying with every image the user post. This is not a shopping site or pinterest. Here what we offer is text content and its not comparable. Also, Google has nothing do with page numbers. What they look is matching words.

Reactions: Aashish
It has been kept out for a reason....... We are looking at a place where a debate can be conducted without prejudice, This is an experiment, Let us see how it goes.....
At least lock the option to change the location tab after the account is approved like how DOB is locked. Because If you decide to introduce flags in the future and the news is out in advance, members can become very decisive to change the location prior to the implementation. Only my opinion.

Reactions: nair
That's infinite scrolling, it don't use pagination. When we make posts to 50 it will slow the page loading. It will be multiplying with every image the user post. This is not a shopping site or pinterest. Here what we offer is text content and its not comparable. Also, Google has nothing do with page numbers. What they look is matching words.

Yes, nothing to do with google, but it is easier to scroll down than to switch pages, new pages also take time to load with header, footer, etc., and a longer thread list is mostly texts, so will load fast enough.....I didn't see any slow page loading in other forums with longer thread list.

I am talking about this page: New posts

Btw, infinite scrolling is not required, but a longer list of threads would be better I think.

Can there be a sub-section on South Asian Economic and Regional Cooperation....for positive developments of course..........we are the center of South Asia, let's project ourselves in a leadership role in this region.

It can also be South & South East Asia....covering our Look East Policy and emerging cooperation in SCS area.

@Aashish @Himanshu Pandey

Btw, why the text is looking a bit faded? Is it the background, font, or text colour...!! :unsure:

Reactions: Aashish
Can there be a sub-section on South Asian Economic and Regional Cooperation....for positive developments of course..........we are the center of South Asia, let's project ourselves in a leadership role in this region.

It can also be South & South East Asia....covering our Look East Policy and emerging cooperation in SCS area.

Please post it here for International relationship if it meets
Diplomacy and inter-government relationship, geopolitics, law, world forums and their impact on daily lives of citizens.
International Relations

or
International politics
Politics and developments from around the world which includes editorials and opinions on world matters ny think tank groups.
International Politics

Once sufficient threads are there, we will think about subheadings.

The ASEAN, SCS etc topics can be ofcourse stickied to make it a mega thread for information collation and on place discussion

Btw, why the text is looking a bit faded?
Which text u mean?

Reactions: dray