Suggestions

??

He was there???? Damn. Didn't notice. This chap is like a GUST of fresh air. You need to read his posts, if you haven't already. He has that air of authority, and that is haunting me. I've come across him somewhere; maybe PDF?

You have any known ID in other forums?

@nair @Ashwin @Aashish

You can keep a political thread but more like a track only thread with no discussions. It’s good that way as a way to keep ourselves abreast of latest developments.

E.g tracking NDA achievements post 2014 . Tracking UPA achievements post 3014 ( pun intended )

Track only, no discussions.

Reactions: dray and Aashish
@nair @Ashwin @Aashish

You can keep a political thread but more like a track only thread with no discussions. It’s good that way as a way to keep ourselves abreast of latest developments.

E.g tracking NDA achievements post 2014 . Tracking UPA achievements post 3014 ( pun intended )

Track only, no discussions.

I am interested in Politics & learning about Defence. I want Politics to be confined to a single Thread & we should be allowed discussions per forums norms.

Reactions: AbRaj
I am interested in Politics & learning about Defence. I want Politics to be confined to a single Thread & we should be allowed discussions per forums norms.

Discussions can spiral out of control and it will need lot of moderation. Not a good idea for a new forum.

• Agree
Reactions: bonobashi
Discussions can spiral out of control and it will need lot of moderation. Not a good idea for a new forum.

We have moderators to take care of Trolling etc.? Instead of Picking up fights, we can have debates on facts, without name calling et al.. @Aashish has defined certain norms in this thread:

Indian Political Discussion

If you don't break them and report who breaks them. We won't have any problems?

Plz provide option to jump to a particular page other than Previous and Next at the bottom of a thread. @Avi

Workaround: In this thread: Click 6of6 next to the <Prev option, you'll get option to move to Page of our choice:
Screenshot_2017-12-06-14-13-22-1.png

Could you make links more visible? Here's an example link. Currently it looks just like normal text until you hover the mouse cursor on it. There is a slight difference in color (#141414 for normal text, #001A33 for links) but it's too slight to notice IMO. If you want something relatively subtle, perhaps a gray glow? Something like text-shadow: 1px 1px 5px #888888; in CSS.

• Informative
Reactions: Avi
@Ashwin This is from Times Now Website:

Speaking exclusively to Times Now, Assam Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said his government fears China is either undertaking some big construction work on the river under its territory or is trying to divert the waters of river Brahmaputra. This could have led to the unusual change in the colour of the river water. Of late, the river has been turning muddy for four to five months long after the Monsoons have passed.

Times Now

Times Now not a credible Source on This Forum?

Use a legitimate article to start a thread with the source. SM posts not allowed unless its actually a 'breaking news'. That's all.

You had locked the thread before I could post detailed Article. Post #122 has the ARTICLE/SOURCE.