Suggestions

@Ashwin This is from Times Now Website:

Speaking exclusively to Times Now, Assam Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said his government fears China is either undertaking some big construction work on the river under its territory or is trying to divert the waters of river Brahmaputra. This could have led to the unusual change in the colour of the river water. Of late, the river has been turning muddy for four to five months long after the Monsoons have passed.

Times Now

Times Now not a credible Source on This Forum?
I don't care if its a blog post. If there is anything other than SM use it.

What is so hard to understand here?

Why are you Ignoring this Article fro Times Now. It's dated today!

Times Now

Parul I can suggest the way out , the topic can be discussed by opening a thread via a substantial news source link.

Diversion of Brahmaputra may be an interesting point to discuss , what @Aswin is trying to safeguard is the source being a tweet.
Tweets , blog posts are not reliable enough. ( in this case times now might be a bigger source yet the moot point remains same ).

We are not trying to enforce rules as forums are everything about freedom to express and all members are treated same even though you might not agree to one's viewpoint. The basic minimum to maintain the place is our aim.

Hope you understand what the purpose is , its never to stop you from discussing topics.

Parul I can suggest the way out , the topic can be discussed by opening a thread via a substantial news source link.

Diversion of Brahmaputra may be an interesting point to discuss , what @Aswin is trying to safeguard is the source being a tweet.
Tweets , blog posts are not reliable enough. ( in this case times now might be a bigger source yet the moot point remains same ).

We are not trying to enforce rules as forums are everything about freedom to express and all members are treated same even though you might not agree to one's viewpoint. The basic minimum to maintain the place is our aim.

Let me explain my Point of View/Situation:

1. I watched this news LIVE on Timesnow. The Verified TimesNow Twitter Handle posted Tweets on it. I Started Thread based on what I saw.

2. By the time, I could post detailed Article. Thread was locked. Hence, tried to raise issue here.

3. Here's Other Sources:

China to blame for polluting Brahmaputra: Assam - Times of India

NDTV:

China Plans World's Longest Tunnel To Divert Brahmaputra Water: Report

Timesnow:

Times Now

Rest I give up on this.

Last edited:

1. I watched this news LIVE on Timesnow. The Verified TimesNow Twitter Handle posted Tweets on it. I Started Thread based on what I saw.

2. By the time, I could post detailed Article. Thread was locked. Hence, tried to raise issue here.

3. Times Now not credible Source?

Here's Source from the Times of India:

NDTV:

Timesnow:

Times Now

Rest I give up on this.

@Avi @Ashwin

Verified twitter handle of renowned media outlet should be considered at least a source good enough to initiate threads. What is the policy?

3. Times Now not credible Source?

Here's Source from the Times of India:

NDTV:

Timesnow:

Times Now

Rest I give up on this.

I understand your point exactly.
I will reopen that thread and please use the articles as the first post. moreover your substantial views on the matter.

I hope you understand why we want to restrict thread opening rules using tweeter, it will be tweeter war here than a serious forum.

@Avi @Ashwin

Verified twitter handle of renowned media outlet should be considered at least a source good enough to initiate threads. What is the policy?

Exactly the point , but people will start posting all kinds of twitter msgs and this board will be a mess.

Our policy is to build a think-tank lead discussions where threads must have substantial POV's other than a short social message. Too many threads without encouraging discussions is not good for members or board. A written article does provide a lot of alternate views and scope for analysis , counter argument and more.

So lets keep thread opening to " substance " and reliable tweeter feeds to " substantiate " the viewpoints.

• Agree
Reactions: bonobashi
I understand your point exactly.
I will reopen that thread and please use the articles as the first post. moreover your substantial views on the matter.

I hope you understand why we want to restrict thread opening rules using tweeter, it will be tweeter war here than a serious forum.

Understood.

I am on Online Forums since 2012. I understand that Tweets from XYZ Tweeter Members is not credible.

However, from the renowned News Channels/Verified Accounts are Credible.

Timesnow was showing this News as "Breaking". Hence, I could only start thread with Tweets, not Article.

Himanta Biswa Sarma is not some Noob. He's the one speaking to Timesnow Channel in the Tweets Posted by me.

I would have appreciated, if Moderator had asked or given time to update the thread with some other sources (Not Only Tweets). Had I failed, he could have closed the Thread.

Let's bury this here.

Poka!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Avi
Have merged the issue to main thread.. anything on that topic even a News media coverage to be under that head.

Its open for discussions now

Regards,

@Avi @Ashwin

Verified Twitter accounts are a mess. Actually, they halted the program to review last month.

On topic, It is allowed when the written article is not ready yet (Actual breaking news). The main problem is headlines. They will make random ones to push their narrative. With actual source we have some control.

China 'poisoning', diverting Assam's lifeline Brahmaputra river? Sinister plot exposed
So, Now you have an article. Why don't you start a new one?

Verified Twitter accounts are a mess. Actually, they halted the program to review last month.

On topic, It is allowed when the written article is not ready yet (Actual breaking news). The main problem is headlines. They will make random ones to push their narrative. With actual source we have some control.

So, Now you have an article. Why don't you start a new one?

Thread already opened by other Moderator. :)

FYI: I Posted Thread at 7:00 P.M. based on Tweets Posted by Timesnow & Live Reporting. You closed it at 07:13 P.M.

Timesnow Posted this Article which You've overlooked on it's website at 07:31 P.M.

Screenshot_2017-12-06-21-20-15-1.png

Link to the Timesnow's Website:

Times Now

• Agree
Reactions: Avi
One of my suggestion is that instead of opening multiple threads on same subject one common thread should be used to discuss all news about a particular subject ( like BR) ..... this will ensure that discussions will not be repetitive and all information can be accessed from a single thread .