Sukhoi Su-30MKI

I've never claimed anything in this forum 'without' source. Check this:

Happy now or even this source isn't good enough for you?
From blogpost to twitter post!

He is one of the most unreliable source on titter. He didnt even know things happening inside HAL. Copy pasting stuff from whatsapp ;) .

No one in their right mind will claim 110 km range. Thats hyperbole at its finest. Which suits you.

Reactions: RASALGHUL
From blogpost to twitter post!

He is one of the most unreliable source on titter. He didnt even know things happening inside HAL. Copy pasting stuff from whatsapp ;) .

No one in their right mind will claim 110 km range. Thats hyperbole at its finest. Which suits you.
So you're saying that Astra 1 hasn't got 110 kms range when fired at 15km+ altitude in a lofted trajectory? Astra hit a target drone which is really small very close to 100kms, IIRC. Against AWACS/Tankers etc. 110 looks fully plausible. But since you're now rejecting HVT, so...

Brother, either I am wasting my time replying to you or you are wasting yours replying to my 'hyperbole' posts. Hence no more replies from me to your posts here onwards. Kindly pardon and ignore my 'hyperbole'. Thanks.

Reactions: Bali78 and Sathya
How can anyone ever think that a BVR missile will not have atleast a oneway data link? How will the missile be guided to the target during flight without one such link? Mid course updates have to be given to the missile to reach a point in space from where it can acquire the target.

The discourse here is about two-way link. One-way link is already accepted as the default.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
It has to be this big because of its inferior tech. Imagine if the US made a 4th gen the size of a flanker... Just how big and powerful its engines, radar and potent its EW would be.

It's that big 'cause of the giant radar. The F-15 is big too, so is the F-14.

F-14_F-15_F-16_F-18F.jpg

The F-16 is actually tiny.

The two-way data link can obtain the status of the missile, plan the missile path and
Or re-select the target based on the reconnaissance information and decide whether to supplement the strike based on the final state of the missile, which is not available in the one-way data link

It's not a make or break tech. This link was invented by NATO in order to limit additional transmission of the older Link 16, whereas new comm systems with their directional links are much more stealthy so the two-way link's main advantages have been nullified.

Unlike solid rocket though, a two-way link is more useful on ramjet, 'cause then the state of the missile, its speed, fuel load etc can provide some added benefits in terms of re-targeting. But they have decided it's unnecessary at this time for the Rafale, the onboard sensors make up for it. Whether it will get it in the future or not, we have to see. The French plan on using the Meteor against high value targets, and it doesn't look like any export customer has asked for the two-way link upgrade. MICA seems to be the primary BVR missile for the Rafale, so it probably provides advantages the Meteor doesn't. Only the users know the answer to that.

The best you could come with was the f-15 and the flanker still dwarfs it.
F-15 had to be that big for the latest and most advanced 70's tech and now using the same platform (F-15EX) it has the most powerful AESA (APG-82(v)1 and EPAWSS. NGAD fighter will be huge likely the biggest modern fighter US has ever built and sorta revealed its size during a commercial.
northrop_grumman_unveils_6th_generation_fighter_jet.png

If you look at the background you can see the B-21 flying not hiding the B-21's features which turned out to be correct.

Watch and see the same folks that were wrong when they falsely claimed F-35 wasn't fast and maneuverable and flew like a brick will say the same thing about the NGAD only this time they will be somewhat right when it comes to a turning fight. NGAD was built for silence, range and dash speed.

Probably only the su-27, the PLAAF and Russia have nothing same, and the SU-27 is about to be retired,
Oh PLAAF has a handful of SU-30's they bought decades ago that they don't use anymore surely they can spare those for parts? Be neighborly and remember sharing is caring, eh? You also have some older s400's you can spare?

Oh PLAAF has a handful of SU-30's they bought decades ago that they don't use anymore surely they can spare those for parts? Be neighborly and remember sharing is caring, eh? You also have some older s400's you can spare?
They have over 150 su-30 class fighters. Su-30mkk's, su-35 and j-16's which is pretty much a su-30 mkk with aesa.

The Chinese SU30 is basically the SU27 plus the SU24 ground-attack capability, Russia has no equipment at all, maybe some KAB500,KH29,KH59, but these are also important for the Chinese SU30.
As for the S400, Russian air defence missiles have not cost much at all and do not need Chinese support. Instead, India's T90 and SU30MKI are Russia's main equipment
They have over 150 su-30 class fighters. Su-30mkk's, su-35 and j-16's which is pretty much a su-30 mkk with aesa.
China only has 100 SU30MKK and J16 has nothing to do with SU30,
China only has 100 SU30MKK and J16 has nothing to do with SU30,

According to some reports Chinese were frustrated when they practiced J-20 vs J-16 because the kill ratio wasn't like they were expecting. J-16 held up much better thanks to its AESA radar, QWIP IRST and EW
At least I haven't seen any reports about it. As for su30MKI, after the upgrade, I think it's pretty much the same as J-11BG,