Tejas Mk2 (Medium Weight Fighter) - News and discussions

N-LCA Mk2 doesn't require folding wings because it's only 8m wide. SH with folded wings is 9.3m.

The problem for N-LCA is not lack of canards, it's single engine, that's all.

There is no rule saying a carrier jet should have folded wings. The Sea Harrier and F-35B do not have folding wings either. Whereas the F-14 had variable sweep wings.

TEDBF doesn't seem to be an evolution of LCA, it's supposed to be a clean sheet design. Just like how AMCA is also a clean sheet design. ORCA is an evolution of LCA.

Really and what range and load carrying capacity N-LCA Mk2 will have? That's why Navy never entertained it being impracticable with low capacity to boot.

If OCRA is a evolution of LCA and TEDBF is not, as you claim - can you point any one difference in design in ORCA & TEDBF??? - be very interested to know, what you spot.

ORCA PIC -
1579101386794.png

TEDBF Pics
1579100625819.png

1579100651252.png

1579100692919.png

Note: The Outer wing of TEDBF/ORCA will not have similar flaps/Aileron to very end of wings, as was in LCA or Inner wings, just to support wing tip missile.

Last edited:
Nope I stopped reading **** long time back..

Also if you compare pics of TEDBF from article and pic of ORCA (both posted in my last post) you would see the graphic render is of same plane. Including same payload(simulated) in both images
ORCA is TEDBF that I am 100% sure

More pic of TEDBF - to compare with ORCA
View attachment 13154
View attachment 13152
Did you spot any difference to claim otherwise??
Interesting : it carries Meteor .... and SCALP (much more Taurus, no?)
My opinion is TEDBF will be a tailed delta, similar to the N-LCA Mk2.

Dz8cmNGXQAABx1e.jpg

drIbEO9.png

EJgEFfeU8AQ2B_G.jpg

Of course, in the design above, the sweep is too high again.

The pics you posted are both ORCA, those are not TEDBF.

The thing about ORCA is, it's simply a slight modification of the MWF. The two F414 engines will not fit within such a small space as is shown in the image. So it's just some random design someone inside HAL or even ADA came up with based on the TEDBF idea.
uggly !

Fraud design. How will you retaract the undercart and where? I am deep into my MSA and I know how difficult it is to design even a paper design.

Really and what range and load carrying capacity N-LCA Mk2 will have? That's why Navy never entertained it being impracticable with low capacity to boot.

You are confusing the topic. What I'm saying is ADA must be designing the TEDBF to be similar to SH with a tail rather than the Rafale with canards. I'm guessing here, but all I'm saying is ORCA is not TEDBF.

If OCRA is a evolution of LCA and TEDBF is not, as you claim - can you point any one difference in design in ORCA & TEDBF??? - be very interested to know, what you spot.

ORCA PIC -
View attachment 13177

TEDBF Pics
View attachment 13174
View attachment 13175
View attachment 13176

Note: The Outer wing of TEDBF/ORCA will not have similar flaps/Aileron to very end of wings, as was in LCA or Inner wings, just to support wing tip missile.

All the images are of ORCA, not TEDBF. This ORCA being TEDBF is just a rumour.

Someone has simply made an air force and naval variant of a concept called ORCA.

TEDBF with OMNI role has the following proposed Loadout, with 13 hardpoints
View attachment 13178

This is an unrealistic design. The clearance is all wrong. Especially the missiles on the fuselage. The Typhoon has recessed hardpoints, while the missiles here are sticking out. So where will the landing gear be? The wing tip crop is also too small.

That's why it's a fake aircraft. Or concept aircraft is a better term. This design is just someone's dream.

Just compare with Typhoon.
Eurofighter_Typhoo_3406998b.jpg

I get the feeling some people are simply having fun.

Attachments

• J 10 fighter Wallpapers (4).jpg
    J 10 fighter Wallpapers (4).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 319
One thing is clear, this concept has been put together without any input from aerospace engineers. I assume they asked their PR to come up with a poster-worthy design to create a buzz.

Reactions: vstol Jockey
Fraud design. How will you retaract the undercart and where? I am deep into my MSA and I know how difficult it is to design even a paper design.
I agree, it will end up looking more like F18 undercarriage, engine space wise - the current space proposed is too close for anything else

By design and aerodynamics, closed coupled canards do not fit on the LCA unless there is a complete redesign of the wing - which means they have to design a new aircraft, from scratch.

One thing is clear, this concept has been put together without any input from aerospace engineers. I assume they asked their PR to come up with a poster-worthy design to create a buzz.
Yes its a fan art without any substance, You will be shocked to know how difficult it is to put together a fighter design. every inch and every millimeter matters.
I agree, it will end up looking more like F18 undercarriage, engine space wise - the current space proposed is too close for anything else
No way, this design of TEDBF is a fraud. It just cant match up with its own design requirements.
By design and aerodynamics, closed coupled canards do not fit on the LCA unless there is a complete redesign of the wing - which means they have to design a new aircraft, from scratch.
The TEDBF design is a pathetic fanboy design. It does not confirm to vertical height requirements of close coupled canards and it also will result in very low L/D ratios.

I really hope it's only that and there's no ulterior motive behind it. Interns are fine, schemers are not.

Anyway, this seems to have come out of HAL, not ADA.

I am sure in a few years ORCA And AMCA
Will be merged

Because Realistically speaking AMCA MK 1
Cannot be A Really Stealthy Plane --
Neither GEOMETRICALLY Stealthy Nor
Materially Stealthy

If AMCA MK1 is as good as RAFALE , IAF Will take it

That doesn't make sense. IAF can go for MMRCA and also Su-57. It's not either/or. But right now IAF can pursue only one program at a time, especially with MWF going on in parallel. So they have settled for MMRCA/MWF combo instead of Su-57/MWF combo. MMRCA is of higher priority anyway.
I didn't understand sir. Your first and second part of statement are in complete contradiction.
As far as my opinion is concerned I think budgetary constraints doesn't allow us to buy both MMRCA and SU57.
And yes in my suggestion IAF does get a MMRCA and that an indigenous one. And icing to cake is IAF is also getting a heavy fighter too in addition.

Su-35 is not necessary since we already have MKI. Even the Russian orders for Su-30SM is now much greater than Su-35, even though both jets cost the same to them. So we already have a winner here.
I too have said same thing to a veteran. And his response was " Flogging a 40 years old bird is not a good idea".
And it is perfectly true. No one could afford full fleet of fifth and sixth gen jet. That means 4.5 gen jets will be operational even beyond 2060. Having a newer airframe will always be better than an older one. First 50 mki are not going to get the upgrade anyways for the same reason.
As for Su-57, I don't think the IAF will look at it until 2025, and procure it only after 2030, in case they think it's necessary at the time. We will have to wait for the Su-57 program to finish first, and that may happen only in 2025-26, when the new engine gets operational clearance.
I fully agree. But that is exactly the timeline of the induction of mmrca program as stated by yourself some time ago. So I see no harm in it. Plus as I have stated earlier we could induct su 35 for the time being.

Neither ORCA nor Su-57 exist. So how do you know the final price when even Sukhoi and HAL do not have the answer?

MKI and Mk1A combined are the same cost as the Rafale. So, it's like you're saying Su-57 and ORCA will cost the same as MKI and Mk1A. Makes sense?
Su 57 do exist. And given the desperation of ADA towards getting a new project we could safely negotiate a reasonable price. As we have seen with HAL in mk1A deal. And an indigenous product is always going to cost us less than a foreign one anyways.

MK1 and MK1A combined are going to cost us 67 million while Rafale is going to cost us 88 to 100 million. If we add maintenance and weapon package it is well over 200 million. I don't know sir what you are talking about.

Not necessarily. Actually I don't think it will make a difference. Our MKI fleet is already big enough to bring down upgrade costs to its lowest possible level anyway. The Russians also plan to buy new build Su-30s with Irbis-E and 117S, so the cost will be under control by the time IAF's upgrade begins.

If you buy a new type of jet from Russia, you will pay royalty twice instead.
This is the statement of the company which has to provide us the product and service. I am not going to say anything more on this.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIBhAC&usg=AOvVaw3tM_GYRvBMQskLzSlCm4K1

The problem is any half-baked program like ORCA will not match the Rafale F4.2. Maybe it will match F3R or even F4.1, but not F4.2. And this is only considering technology. If you consider the number of years Rafale has been in service and seen combat use, it's a much safer bet. It also has a global ecosystem in place, and is expanding. ORCA has no real advantage over Rafale.
One of the biggest advantage that an ORCA will offer us over Rafales is higher service ceiling and more agility and speed.
These are the two basic reasons why I have always opposed buying Rafales in large numbers. They are at huge disadvantage against the Chinese flankers due to their low service ceiling hence couldn't provide us air superiority over Himalayas. They are good for countering PAF falcons or for nuclear strike ( As stated by our former Air Chief) but not for countering China.
As far as electronics are concerned we could get them by buying additional 36 Rafales or in my opinion the electronics of SU 57 are far more superior than any variant of Rafales and we could integrate them in ORCA when we will get full TOT.

I am sure in a few years ORCA And AMCA
Will be merged

Because Realistically speaking AMCA MK 1
Cannot be A Really Stealthy Plane --
Neither GEOMETRICALLY Stealthy Nor
Materially Stealthy

If AMCA MK1 is as good as RAFALE , IAF Will take it

AMCA Mk1 will be better than any other aircraft in our inventory, including the Rafale, more or less. And it will be stealthy.

ORCA and AMCA can't be merged, whatever that means, because ORCA is simply HAL fan art, while AMCA is an ADA project, and it's possible HAL will not be involved in AMCA. ADA wants to work very closely on the AMCA with the private industry and the IAF, that's why the assembly line will be in an air base in Coimbatore.

HAL will have to play around with MWF. And, if possible, they may force the IAF to take a decision on FGFA in their favour. I believe it's likely that HAL's involvement in FGFA is the reason why ADA wants to avoid HAL for AMCA. HAL can easily screw around with AMCA due to Russian influence, not counting the import lobby within the air force.

• Agree
Reactions: TARGET and sid4587
I didn't understand sir. Your first and second part of statement are in complete contradiction.
As far as my opinion is concerned I think budgetary constraints doesn't allow us to buy both MMRCA and SU57.
And yes in my suggestion IAF does get a MMRCA and that an indigenous one. And icing to cake is IAF is also getting a heavy fighter too in addition.

The indigenous one is vapourware. Right now, only navy is interested in TEDBF. IAF wants to import a proven aircraft, no development. IAF will be supporting AMCA development instead.

I too have said same thing to a veteran. And his response was " Flogging a 40 years old bird is not a good idea".
And it is perfectly true. No one could afford full fleet of fifth and sixth gen jet. That means 4.5 gen jets will be operational even beyond 2060. Having a newer airframe will always be better than an older one. First 50 mki are not going to get the upgrade anyways for the same reason.

What he means to say is we shouldn't be buying the Su-35.

I fully agree. But that is exactly the timeline of the induction of mmrca program as stated by yourself some time ago. So I see no harm in it. Plus as I have stated earlier we could induct su 35 for the time being.

No, the timeline of induction for both jets are not the same. I think you have misunderstood what I said. MMRCA will get signed between 2023 and 2025. Any Su-57 signature will only happen after 2030, and induction will start well after MMRCA is almost complete.

Su-35 is impossible for IAF. MKI is better. Even the Russians are pouring more money into their MKI. Some Russian fanboys will not agree, but facts are facts.

Su 57 do exist. And given the desperation of ADA towards getting a new project we could safely negotiate a reasonable price. As we have seen with HAL in mk1A deal. And an indigenous product is always going to cost us less than a foreign one anyways.

Su-57 doesn't exist. It will exist only after 2025. ORCA will not exist, it's not even a real design.

MK1 and MK1A combined are going to cost us 67 million while Rafale is going to cost us 88 to 100 million. If we add maintenance and weapon package it is well over 200 million. I don't know sir what you are talking about.

MKI costs $55M. Mk1A costs $45M. That's $100M total. And these costs are without maintenance, infrastructure etc.

This is the statement of the company which has to provide us the product and service. I am not going to say anything more on this.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIBhAC&usg=AOvVaw3tM_GYRvBMQskLzSlCm4K1

How does paying for something we do not need lower costs?

There is no truth to what's said in the article. You obviously do not know, but the Russians are forcing the IAF to adopt Russian Su-35 standards for our upgrade program. What the Russians want us to do is cancel MMRCA and buy 126 Su-35 instead. That's also why they are now participating in the MMRCA tender. They just want a bakra to buy their jet, so they are coming up with whatever excuses they can throw at us.

Think logically. The most expensive parts of the MKI upgrade program will be radar and engine. The development of both has already been paid for by Russia, so they will most definitely charge us royalty on it anyway, there's no escaping that. Let's assume each engine will cost us $5M, and all 265 MKIs will get the new engine, this will put the total bill at $2.7B. We only need 2 engines for each jet for the rest of its life. Let's assume the radar costs $3M each, which is $800M. So the total cost is $3.5B. Furthermore, you can be sure all other assorted costs will be about $1.5B for the Russians alone. This should include cost of royalty, ToT, infrastructure, other technologies etc. $5B in total, spread over 20 years. That's $250M a year. Even if you save 10%, that's $225M a year. So you will pay about $10-15B buying 126 Su-35s in order to save $25M a year for the upgrade. Oh, and wait, after 20 years Su-35 has to be upgraded too. So what will you recommend then, buy Su-57, so that Su-35's upgrade is cheaper? And then after that, buy Su-67 to make Su-57's upgrade cheaper? Do you see where your argument is headed towards?

The MKI will be upgraded in batches, probably 50-100 each, and each new batch will carry new technologies. Just like Jaguar DARIN I, II, III etc. So there's no point buying the Su-35 just so the first batch is only a little bit cheaper.

Anyway, we only buy stuff when it makes sense to buy it. We do not buy something just to make something else cheaper. Our bureaucracy has never worked that way. Rather, prices go up when you do something like what you've asked for. It's because we negotiate for things on an individual basis and not the collective.

One of the biggest advantage that an ORCA will offer us over Rafales is higher service ceiling and more agility and speed.

How does a plane that doesn't exist compare with one that does? Even HAL can't say this statement.

These are the two basic reasons why I have always opposed buying Rafales in large numbers. They are at huge disadvantage against the Chinese flankers due to their low service ceiling hence couldn't provide us air superiority over Himalayas.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

As far as electronics are concerned we could get them by buying additional 36 Rafales or in my opinion the electronics of SU 57 are far more superior than any variant of Rafales and we could integrate them in ORCA when we will get full TOT.

Again, Su-57 doesn't exist. Let's talk about it when it actually exists. No, flying a prototype around doesn't mean it exists. It comes into existence when it enters full squadron service. Like how LCA came into existence only in 2018-19. Su-57 will enter full squadron service only sometime after 2023. Right now it's in the same stage as the F-35 was back in 2016.

Also, we can't simply buy Rafale's electronics. Those don't come separate from the aircraft. And no, we won't integrate Su-57 electronics in an Indian designed aircraft either. If ORCA becomes a reality, it will only carry Indian electronics.

ORCA PIC -
View attachment 13177

TEDBF Pics
View attachment 13174
View attachment 13175
View attachment 13176

ORCA is just a concept design to get the support of the IAF so that they will consider dropping 114 tenders. TEDBF design is done as per the requirements of the Navy.
Look at the shot from the top. How are the canards overlapping the wings?

As usual, fanboys overdoing it. Even that HAL test pilot who first released the pic was saying not to take it too seriously.

These are the two basic reasons why I have always opposed buying Rafales in large numbers. They are at huge disadvantage against the Chinese flankers due to their low service ceiling hence couldn't provide us air superiority over Himalayas. They are good for countering PAF falcons or for nuclear strike ( As stated by our former Air Chief) but not for countering China.

Any idea when 51st Su 30 mki got inducted?
Just to assess, when the upgrade is ideal..

We ll be ordering Mk1A in this term, I don't expect any other orders.
It ll be fortunate is Su 30 upgrade kicks in as well..

Next Rafale order will be F4 version I guess. But repeat order is a low hanging fruit.. Especially if it's tied to ORCA or TEDBF

We ll be ordering Mk1A in this term, I don't expect any other orders.
It ll be fortunate is Su 30 upgrade kicks in as well..

Next Rafale order will be F4 version I guess. But repeat order is a low hanging fruit.. Especially if it's tied to ORCA or TEDBF

83 MK1A , 21 Mig29SMT and 12 Su30MKI are sure shot orders.

Orders for HAL LCH Limited Series Production should also happen.

Orders for MR-SAM by IAF by year end.

Deal for C295 W should also be done.

Further CAPEX will be spent in paying for the ongoing Brahmos and Akash acquisitions.

And IAF will like to get the 6 Tanker deal started and funding approval for the 2 DRDO AWACS at any cost.

I don't think anything will be left after it. But hopefully some sort of commitment like long lead procurement deal for HTT40 and HAL LUH are signed.

• Informative
Reactions: Sathya
AMCA Mk1 will be better than any other aircraft in our inventory, including the Rafale, more or less. And it will be stealthy.

ORCA and AMCA can't be merged, whatever that means, because ORCA is simply HAL fan art, while AMCA is an ADA project, and it's possible HAL will not be involved in AMCA. ADA wants to work very closely on the AMCA with the private industry and the IAF, that's why the assembly line will be in an air base in Coimbatore.

HAL will have to play around with MWF. And, if possible, they may force the IAF to take a decision on FGFA in their favour. I believe it's likely that HAL's involvement in FGFA is the reason why ADA wants to avoid HAL for AMCA. HAL can easily screw around with AMCA due to Russian influence, not counting the import lobby within the air force.
Or the Modi government simply concluded they couldn't put all their eggs in the DPSU basket & wanted the pvt sector to develop an alternative OEM like HAL thus contributing to building up a well rounded aerospace ecosystem accounting for potential future redundancies.

What's your take on this? @Milspec

The indigenous one is vapourware. Right now, only navy is interested in TEDBF. IAF wants to import a proven aircraft, no development. IAF will be supporting AMCA development instead.
Su 35 is a proven aircraft. Until the advent of ORCA Tejas will be a proven aircraft. Since ORCA will share most of the components from AMCA it will be an excellent platform for testing the techs plus it will also help in the development of AMCA.
I agree ORCA is a vapourware right now but so does all the projects in the starting.
What he means to say is we shouldn't be buying the Su-35.
No sir he was supporting the acquisition of SU 35 in MMRCA and it was I who has raised some contention. ( yes me!!!).

No, the timeline of induction for both jets are not the same. I think you have misunderstood what I said. MMRCA will get signed between 2023 and 2025. Any Su-57 signature will only happen after 2030, and induction will start well after MMRCA is almost complete.
It doesn't matter. As I have said earlier we should select Su 35 in the meantime. Not that Russians are going to offer the level of TOT required in MMRCA for Su 57 anyways.
But I caution you against sticking to the timeline of 2030. As soon as WS 15 engines will become operational expect an order for SU57 and maybe even before that.
Su-35 is impossible for IAF. MKI is better. Even the Russians are pouring more money into their MKI. Some Russian fanboys will not agree, but facts are facts.
Russia has already bought 132 Su 35s. That is a big number for an ailing economy like Russia. As far as upgrades are concerned every airforce do that. Buying new aircraft doesn't mean that we leave older in their state until their lifespan. Similarly upgrading older doesn't mean that newer is inferior.
In comparison Su 35 has more composite material and more stealthy
(and maneuvarable) design compared to mki and if we combine it with the electronics of SU 57 no aircraft is going to match it including mki.
And it is not the question of superiority instead the question of newer airframe. We are going to need Flankers beyond 2060 but by then the production line of them will long be dead. Hence the need of induction of newer airframe now.
Su-57 doesn't exist. It will exist only after 2025. ORCA will not exist, it's not even a real design.
Yeah surely it was some ghost I have seen escorting Russian President or the recent order of 76 piece by Russian airforce is of some racing cars.
Fact is the most of the components of
Su 57 are fully ready like it's avionics suite, Airframe with RAM etc. Only thing that was hindering it from going into full production was its engine. But now that problem is solved too by production 30 engines going into integration phase. By 2021 we will have a very potent aircraft.
Talking about ORCA the design could always be improved. We just need to give it some initial funding. With all required technologies in place it will sure see the light of day within 6 years of the commencement of the project.

MKI costs $55M. Mk1A costs $45M. That's $100M total. And these costs are without maintenance, infrastructure etc.
Mk 1a costs 34.2 million. And Rafale costs 100 million without maintenance infrastructure etc.
We could get one ORCA and one Su 35 in that cost. You choose which one would be superior one single Rafale or combo of flanker and orca.
How does paying for something we do not need lower costs?
We need Su 35. I have already given the reason. In addition to it Chinese are going to field hundreds of heavy fighters in our Northern border. We need an effective counter with good numbers.
There is no truth to what's said in the article. You obviously do not know, but the Russians are forcing the IAF to adopt Russian Su-35 standards for our upgrade program. What the Russians want us to do is cancel MMRCA and buy 126 Su-35 instead. That's also why they are now participating in the MMRCA tender. They just want a bakra to buy their jet, so they are coming up with whatever excuses they can throw at us.
And I see no harm in selecting Su 35 for mmrca. As far as excuse is concerned we could easily check wheather buying it is reducing our cost of upgrading mki or not.

Think logically. The most expensive parts of the MKI upgrade program will be radar and engine. The development of both has already been paid for by Russia, so they will most definitely charge us royalty on it anyway, there's no escaping that. Let's assume each engine will cost us $5M, and all 265 MKIs will get the new engine, this will put the total bill at $2.7B. We only need 2 engines for each jet for the rest of its life. Let's assume the radar costs $3M each, which is $800M. So the total cost is $3.5B. Furthermore, you can be sure all other assorted costs will be about $1.5B for the Russians alone. This should include cost of royalty, ToT, infrastructure, other technologies etc. $5B in total, spread over 20 years. That's $250M a year. Even if you save 10%, that's $225M a year. So you will pay about $10-15B buying 126 Su-35s in order to save $25M a year for the upgrade. Oh, and wait, after 20 years Su-35 has to be upgraded too. So what will you recommend then, buy Su-57, so that Su-35's upgrade is cheaper? And then after that, buy Su-67 to make Su-57's upgrade cheaper? Do you see where your argument is headed towards?
Apart from reducing the cost SU 35s has its own utility too described by me earlier. And to be clear I strongly advocate against buying anymore heavy jets from Russia after Su 57. The scenario you have presented could easily be avoided as when we will have full TOT of Su 35 we will be able to easily upgrade them by indigenous systems requiring no Russian help.
The MKI will be upgraded in batches, probably 50-100 each, and each new batch will carry new technologies. Just like Jaguar DARIN I, II, III etc. So there's no point buying the Su-35 just so the first batch is only a little bit cheaper.
I reiterate my statement of other utilities of Su 35 apart from reducing the cost of upgradation of mki. Furthermore buying SU 57 will reduce the cost of upgrading next batches of mki.
Anyway, we only buy stuff when it makes sense to buy it. We do not buy something just to make something else cheaper. Our bureaucracy has never worked that way. Rather, prices go up when you do something like what you've asked for. It's because we negotiate for things on an individual basis and not the collective.
And for me buying Su 35 perfectly makes sense. I hope IAF too will think this way.
How does a plane that doesn't exist compare with one that does? Even HAL can't say this statement.
In the interview given to Vishnu Som ADA chief has talked about high service ceiling and more greater speed. And since it will share it's all other techs from AMCA program my assumption hold ground.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.
In fact I know. Flankers will easily fly far higher than Rafales in a skirmish hence the BVR advantage of Rafale will reduce to nothing. In fact it will be Flankers who would be able to target Rafales from longer range. And in WVR it is known fact that Flankers can easily crush Rafales. So air superiority rests with Flankers.
Not to mention more powerful radar of flanker can easily pick Rafale from longer distance than Rafale picking the flanker.

Again, Su-57 doesn't exist. Let's talk about it when it actually exists. No, flying a prototype around doesn't mean it exists. It comes into existence when it enters full squadron service. Like how LCA came into existence only in 2018-19. Su-57 will enter full squadron service only sometime after 2023. Right now it's in the same stage as the F-35 was back in 2016.
Russians have ordered 76 jets. Algeria has also ordered 13 jets. It is perfectly operational if you are willing to compromise on its engine aspect. Even that too is now going to resolve in a year.
Also, we can't simply buy Rafale's electronics. Those don't come separate from the aircraft. And no, we won't integrate Su-57 electronics in an Indian designed aircraft either. If ORCA becomes a reality, it will only carry Indian electronics.
I am perfectly fine with Indian electronics.
Coupled with Su 35 it will negate any advantage that rafale has whatsoever wet ORCA.
Your first part doesn't make sense to me.