Turkish lawmakers switch parties in challenge to Erdogan

That was rhetorical , wasn't it ? You do know he's Irish , isn't he ? Yet you rub it in.
Must be side effect of all the drunken brawling, which they regularly indulge in, that causes a lot of Brain injuries.
The skulls become thick as part of repeated healing after injuries.

Must be side effect of all the drunken brawling, which they regularly indulge in, that causes a lot of Brain injuries.
The skulls become thick as part of repeated healing after injuries.
That and a potato addled diet over the centuries. That's what's made them as they are .

Erdogan vows to quit when 'enough', sparks Twitter trend

Erdogan vows to quit when 'enough', sparks Twitter trend

Stuart WILLIAMS

AFPMay 8, 2018

42a408d078a4d8ce3ae12a462c575c7110a4b58e.jpg

He says he'll go when the people say 'enough' (AFP Photo/ADEM ALTAN)

More
Istanbul (AFP) - President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Tuesday vowed he would step down if his people decided it was "enough", prompting opponents to propel the word in Turkish to the top of worldwide Twitter trends.

Erdogan will on June 24 contest a presidential election, seeking a new mandate to extend his 15 years in power which began when he became premier in 2003 and continued with his move to the presidency in 2014.

Related SearchesErdoganTwitter Trending

His ruling party is confident of victory in the polls but the country remains highly polarised between supporters of Erdogan and those who oppose him with equal passion.

Speaking to his party in Ankara, Erdogan said his foes "have just one care -- to destroy Recep Tayyip Erdogan."

"If one day our nation says 'enough', then we will move to the side," he said, referring to himself in the first person plural.

Erdogan said the Turkish people had until now always given the right response to those who sought to destroy him, recalling the failed 2016 coup against his rule.

Predicting victory in the election, he added: "God willing, I believe we will, together with our nation, on June 24 once again give a well deserved lesson to this team of destruction."

Opponents rapidly seized on the word he had used in Turkish for "enough" -- "tamam" -- and turned it into the top Twitter trend not just in Turkey but around the world with over 450,000 tweets by the afternoon.

- 'Enough, God Willing' -

Some simply tweeted the word in bold letters with spaces -- T A M A M -- while others added slogans. "Just please go now," wrote one user.

Others just wrote the word TAMAM as many times as they could within Twitter's character limit, or made fancy shapes with its letters.

The word was also rapidly seized upon by Erdogan's rivals who will face him in the June 24 poll and seek to force a run-off.

"Time's Up!" (in Turkish "Vakit TAMAM!") tweeted Muharrem Ince, the candidate of the main secular opposition Republican People's Party (CHP).

"T A M A M," tweeted Meral Aksener, the leader of the newly-formed nationalist party the Iyi (Good) Party.

"Enough, God Willing" ("T A M A M Insallah") added Temel Karamollaoglu, leader of the conservative Saadet (Felicity) Party who is also to run against Erdogan.

Denounced by his opponents as an authoritarian leader and throwback to the Ottoman sultans, Erdogan boasts of having brought Turkey to a new level of economic prosperity and foreign policy influence under his rule.

While there is strong hostility to him on the Aegean coast, some Kurdish areas and parts of Istanbul and Ankara, he retains widespread and massively enthusiastic support in the Anatolian core of the country.

I wonder what a famine-addled diet would do then.
Aah ! Realisation dawns!!

Bengal famine of 1943 Bengal famine of 1943 - Google Search

Something the BBC overlooks while reporting on stunted growth down the ages since independence of what used to be one of the richest & most productive provinces of the Mughals before the Brits took it over .

P.S - The Bengal province includes both the Indian state & most of what's now B'desh.

• Agree
Reactions: Amal and Aravind
Wow, I'm dominated your life so much that you have to reply on a mobile.
I'm a sucker for good banter .Which you've failed to provide . I , also can't let go an opportunity to score a repartee. Which , being Irish , you constantly provide .And get owned , as is your legacy !! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:

More people have died of famine and malnutrition in India since 1947 than from 1751-1947. More people died from famine and malnutrition in China than India from 1751-1947. So eat my poo and quit whining.
Legacy of a bunch of parasitic rulers . The same ones you took 7 centuries to get rid off . Who survived on who's poo , Mick O'Hara ? @Amal

P.S - @BMD has finally implicated itself . After sustained interrogation. This calls for a celebration .The collaborationist now stands exposed .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bali78 and Amal
And being thick, you constantly fail to achieve.
But we were discussing the staple of the Irish . To this day .Their favourite vegetable . Apart from the cabbage . Something which they resemble a great deal. And no , it's not the potato.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And being thick, you constantly fail to achieve.
Let me guide you on to a local remedy , Callaghan. Try almonds. Two or three pieces soaked overnight . Consumed on an empty stomach the next morning. Vital to boost brain power. Certified by a 5 thousand old medicinal system known as Ayurveda. Ask anyone out here. any Indian i.e. In a year you'd be scoring points over us ( OK , I'm exaggerating . but your fellow Irish would certainly look upto you with new found respect ). Believe me. Try it .

Last edited:
More people have died of famine and malnutrition in India since 1947 than from 1751-1947. More people died from famine and malnutrition in China than India from 1751-1947. So eat my poo and quit whining.
Again you fascination and obsession with scat,Excrement. I am telling you its unhealthy, Seamus, Let me guess your wet dreams involve a lot of Excrement and you swimming in it? :LOL: Get it treated Seamus.

Reactions: Amal