Ukraine - Russia Conflict

The Russian controlled area down south seems to be breaking out in spots. I do hope it's contagious.

1650271885574.png

1650271878722.png

The port of Mariupol was taken under the full control of the troops of the DPR and Russia. DPR fighters hoisted the flag of the republic on the navigation tower of the seaport. The Ukrainian flag has fallen:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

On April 17, high-precision Russian missiles hit the Lozova supply hub of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

The large railway junction Lozova is an important transshipment base for supplying Ukrainian troops in the Donbass.
You should be careful claiming strikes on railways, remember what happened last time.

It's all relative. The fact is most of the hardware they have was not paid for by themselves, it was paid for by the Soviets. All the Russians have done is upgrade them. And they can do that again for the roughly 30000 armoured vehicles they still have left. An upgrade costs them less than half a million per tank, even lesser for an IFV, and they can put it back in service for another decade.

Meaning, they won't have any external debt at all, and all paid for with their own money that they can't access anymore? Hmm, is this the great economist in you speaking?

Bankruptcy doesn't affect the Russians.

How does Russia’s debt look?

The Russian government is actually not that indebted.

Part of their “fortress Russia” strategy was to build up Moscow’s balance sheet, primarily with foreign exchange reserves and some gold, and then maintain low debt levels. Russia’s domestic debt was about 13 percent of its gross domestic product last year. The external debt is something like $150bn and only $45bn of that is actually owned by the Russian government. Most of it is owned by Russian companies and Russian banks, DiPippo told Al Jazeera.

India, Indonesia...

A lot of countries outside Europe don't really care as much as you think about the war in Ukraine. Some are paying lip service to the West, but are continuing some of their relationship anyway. This even includes Japan.
There are replacement costs, especially in an active war. War widow pensions, assuming Russia has them.

We still have their assets frozen though, we can take them and liquidise them as payment to cover such defaults.

Russian debt to GDP was 18% in 2020, more now. Debt and liquidity are two different things. Doesn't matter how low your debt is if you can't cover costs and service debt either directly or by borrowing new money.

That's two. I said 30. And the way I see it, neither of those two voted to block Russia's suspension from the UNHCR, or voted to block condemnation of the invasion, so not really friends.

For the US, friendly democracies include:

EU = 27 friendly nations
UK
Canada
Australia
New Zealand
Japan
South Korea
Norway
and more.....

It's a pretty ridiculous propaganda piece. Somehow Russia's bungling has become Ukraine's ability?

I hope other countries don't go start wars thinking they can pull off what Ukraine did. You never know what the other guy's thinking. 'Cause Ukraine's fighting a war, Russia is not.
Bungling? Wait, I thought it was part of a manoeuvre warfare strategy? :ROFLMAO: :poop:

I thought it got upgraded from Special Military Operation to War after the Moskva experienced a fire and a storm?

Vučić: Any sanctions are immoral and meaningless, therefore Serbia does not intend to join the general pressure on Russia

“If I impose sanctions on Russia, and I will receive awards anywhere, I will become the best democrat. But it is immoral to impose sanctions, and besides, it does not bring results,” the President of Serbia said.

Reactions: _Anonymous_
Another Rashi colonel was killed

Vučić: Any sanctions are immoral and meaningless, therefore Serbia does not intend to join the general pressure on Russia

“If I impose sanctions on Russia, and I will receive awards anywhere, I will become the best democrat. But it is immoral to impose sanctions, and besides, it does not bring results,” the President of Serbia said.
North Korea said the same thing.

A historic moment for Berdyansk: the coat of arms of Ukraine is removed from the city executive committee:

An attempt to break through the encirclement, enemy forces from the territory of the Primorsky district to Azovstal on April 15.

43 pieces of equipment were destroyed and damaged, up to 150 people were killed and wounded:

Vanya Prodan, a fighter of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, calls his colleagues and ask them to surrender:

There are replacement costs, especially in an active war. War widow pensions, assuming Russia has them.

The cost of this war is peanuts as far as wars go. Ukraine claims 700+ tanks destroyed after 1.5 months of fighting, that's peanuts.

We still have their assets frozen though, we can take them and liquidise them as payment to cover such defaults.

Yeah, you should steal Russian money. It will definitely boost the West's credibility.

Russian debt to GDP was 18% in 2020, more now. Debt and liquidity are two different things. Doesn't matter how low your debt is if you can't cover costs and service debt either directly or by borrowing new money.

That's very low.

That's two. I said 30. And the way I see it, neither of those two voted to block Russia's suspension from the UNHCR, or voted to block condemnation of the invasion, so not really friends.

The answer will come in time, and it will be based on who is buying oil from them after Europe's done.

For the US, friendly democracies include:

EU = 27 friendly nations
UK
Canada
Australia
New Zealand
Japan
South Korea
Norway
and more.....

Those are vassals, not friends. It's like saying Poland was Russia's friend in the Warsaw Pact.

The US's only real democratic friend is India. Why? 'Cause only India has the ability to say no to the US, like a real friend should, when the US is trying to do stupid sh!t.

Reactions: Ironhide
Bungling? Wait, I thought it was part of a manoeuvre warfare strategy? :ROFLMAO: :poop:

They screwed up in three ways. The first two were political, the last one was military. So the first one was their unrealistic expectations for Ukraine's surrender, which meant limited logistics during the early part of the war, and perhaps still not fixed. The second one was forcing the military to show way too much restraint. It meant the soldiers on the ground weren't receiving enough indirect fires to support their push, forcing them to risk their own lives to take objectives without having the means to do it, which should explain why nothing much has happened, except in Mariupol.

The third was the incorrect organisation of the field units. Their force structure has been designed to destroy NATO units in a defensive operation, not take towns and cities in an offensive. The Russians are using tanks and IFVs to do things the infantry is supposed to be doing, which is not gonna work out. It's probably a system they have developed for Armata, but the 7-year delay has meant reogranisation had to be conducted using old, unsuitable tech.

I thought it got upgraded from Special Military Operation to War after the Moskva experienced a fire and a storm?

Not clear yet. Russia needs to actively use its air force and artillery to beat Ukraine into submission for it to be considered to have escalated into a war. Apparently, the main offensive is yet to begin. It's expected to begin by the end of the week, so that will tell us more.

@randomradio Note date. That's why unrest in the Donbass occurred.

Yes, but very small numbers at the time. Very likely even volunteers. No different from NATO troops being rounded up in Mariupol now.