Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Why don't you tell me where Zelensky's opposition are currently located then?
Right now, while Ukraine is fighting an existential war for survival against a bloodthirsty nemy that wants only to rape and pillage, the opposition to Zelensky is located in Russia. And of course also in India.
Anti-incumbency.
No, that's not enough to justify results so overwhelming. We're talking 2/3 of the population even in the most russified and Russophile areas. This requires a desire for self-governance that goes beyond a simple desire for change. Lots of scholarly books on the Ukrainian national identity and why it's separate from the Russian national identity despite the Empire and despite the USSR.
A blatant difference is how Ukrainian society is a lot more horizontal than Russia's, which is absurdly vertical. Lots of local initiatives. That's why the Ukrainian army managed to reform efficiently these past eight years, after two decades of neglect, while the Russian attempts at reform have failed.

The first bomb wasn't a war crime. The second and third were. He was no real threat to anybody. His only limit was adrenaline was keeping him alive. If he was injured, like lost a leg or something, and shooting back in an adrenaline-fueled frenzy, then he would be fair game.
He yeeted away the first two bombs, it's only the third that got him. Also he apparently survived anyway, according to Russian sources he was later rescued and evacuated.

I find you have a lot more concern and solicitude for a Russian invader that got away with non-critical wounds than for the thousands of civilians that the Russians have tortured and murdered; something which I remember you argued was no big deal, just war business as usual, not a war crime.
Only in your mind.
Oh yeah? Ukraine was gonna invade Russia? Get real.

The only threat Ukraine represented to Russia was that of a different model. If the Russian society saw their neighboring Ukraine go from poor and corrupt to prosperous and much-less-corrupt after tying with the West and embracing Western values, it might give them ideas that don't align with the Silovikis' plans for the country.

Reactions: BMD
If I support the decision (to withdraw), then I am calling for a violation of the territorial integrity of Russia, and according to Article 280 paragraph 1 (...) it is several years in prison. But if I oppose the decision, then I disrespect the leadership of the armed forces, and according to the same article, but paragraph 3, it is also several years in prison.

I don't want to go to jail, so we'll watch the report, and then I'll let the experts speak

Helping Russia's retreat along.

If I support the decision (to withdraw), then I am calling for a violation of the territorial integrity of Russia, and according to Article 280 paragraph 1 (...) it is several years in prison. But if I oppose the decision, then I disrespect the leadership of the armed forces, and according to the same article, but paragraph 3, it is also several years in prison.

I don't want to go to jail, so we'll watch the report, and then I'll let the experts speak
It's hard work staying out of prison in Russia, and once in prison it's hard work staying off the frontline.

Reactions: BMD
Russians are getting obliterated there could be a Kherson version of Desert Storm's "Highway of Death."

Kherson is where Russia had their "best troops" deployed this could actually be the beginning where it starts to unravel for Russia in Ukraine.
Propganda....all i see is a typical Artillery duel, for some reason i am having a bad feeling about all this.... Russians maneuvers look like a feigned retreat to me.

Propganda....all i see is a typical Artillery duel, for some reason i am having a bad feeling about all this.... Russians maneuvers look like a feigned retreat to me.
You see no such thing that is the copium you have taken that makes you think you're seeing an arty duel. Russian forces retreating are getting rained on with UKR arty.

You see no such thing that is the copium you have taken that makes you think you're seeing an arty duel. Russian forces retreating are getting rained on with UKR arty.
Russian troops safe withdrawal is almost complete 🙂 Ukraine can bomb all the old Soviet tin cans & claim victory if they want... at the end of the day they are still fighting in their own backyard and they would have to cope with that for very very long time to come.