Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Brits have Vipers? :unsure:
No but....

In February the Prime Minister announced the UK would develop a new training programme for Ukrainian pilots to support their efforts to build a new Ukrainian air force with NATO-standard, F16 jets.

This summer we will commence an elementary flying phase for cohorts of Ukrainian pilots to learn basic training. This will adapt the programme used by UK pilots to provide Ukrainians with piloting skills they can apply a different kind of aircraft. This training goes hand in hand with UK efforts to work with other countries on providing F16 jets – Ukraine’s fighter jets of choice.

@Picdelamirand-oil - Were there any SAMP-Ts passing through the UK last week, because I'm certainly I saw one on the road locally? Didn't think there were any in the UK.

As blaspheme as it is to say I hope Ukraine gets more batteries of SAMP-T air defense systems than Patriot batteries. If Ukraine only had ballistic missile/hypersonic missile threats thn yeah Patriots all the way but that is not the case. Ukraine needs 360 degree detection not 120 degree like Patriot battery.

US built Patriots this way because their doctrine of war was always going to have ISR/AWACS near Patriot battery there for no reason for low altitude detection needed or 360 degree but they forgot not all allies can fight like the US. They should have at least built something for export. Oh well.

1684192439249.png

This is sadly why an EU military wouldn't work at present:

As blaspheme as it is to say I hope Ukraine gets more batteries of SAMP-T air defense systems than Patriot batteries. If Ukraine only had ballistic missile/hypersonic missile threats thn yeah Patriots all the way but that is not the case. Ukraine needs 360 degree detection not 120 degree like Patriot battery.

US built Patriots this way because their doctrine of war was always going to have ISR/AWACS near Patriot battery there for no reason for low altitude detection needed or 360 degree but they forgot not all allies can fight like the US. They should have at least built something for export. Oh well.
The latest version of the Aster 30 can allegedly hit BMs with a range of up to 1500km apparently, Ukraine probably didn't get that version though.

Ignore the comment and watch the PAC launches...

Look at the timer appear under the green bars at the end, that is the start of another launch, where the video was edited. A missile trace starts to emerge above the building and is them rewound. ;)

Awesome!

I mean the 6 Kinzhal and Iskander/s400's were definitely intercepted by Patriot missiles
Return of the Jedi.

Last edited:
Reactions: Innominate
So apparently UK's crown jewel, ie. 'Storm Shadow' was reportedly shot down by Russian air defence. Storm Shadow has a really low RCS. If it can be brought down then F-22s and F-35s are in for a rude awakening once they try to enter Russian air space.