Ukraine - Russia Conflict

All I can tell you is that when Ukraine have destroyed stuff on Russian bases, NATO has provided satellite imagery. Regardless of whether they were moved, before and after shots of the site should be possible.
most of them are from private companies like maxar.
It's not exactly a secret that Russia has military satellites capable of capturing imagery mate.:sneaky:
no one will explicitly disclose their capability. A good example is SAR imagery.

Now with Bakhmut fully under Russian control, the end has just begun for NATO...

Nah. As per Prigozhin, Donbas will take a minimum of 1.5 years and all the territories east of the Dnieper will take 3 years. Must be underpromising, but any conclusion is years away.

For the end to just begin, the Russians have to take the 3rd line, Slovyansk to Kostiantynivka, marked in red.

Current.png

Right now, after Bakhmut (1), the next target will be Chasiv Yar (2). Post that, until the 3rd line, the red line, everything is just flat lands, which will allow the Russians to directly threaten Kostiantynivka. Next would be Pokrovsk (4). Once 4 falls, Donbas can be conisdered captured.

Of course, in order to capture the cities along the red line, the Russians will also have to start a new offensive in the Lyman and Siversk regions, which are in the northeast and east resply of Slovyansk.

Also, the one city on the top left corner of the map called Barvinkove also needs to be captured, it's a rail line that can supply to Slovyansk.

For any decisive victory, it's a long road ahead.

In any case, the Russians are not prioritising taking land, they are focused on killing the UAF.

Also I'm waiting for US to approve F-16 sales/supply to Ukraine. They would prove nice cannon-fodder to Su-30SM/35S/57. LOL.

They will just use it differently, without exposing themselves in a head-on collision with the Russians. So low altitude support and interdiction missions and standoff strike.

• Informative
Reactions: Rajput Lion
Oh sure, a 4.3 ton ballistic missile with a manoeuvrable RV and a radar in the nose, plus electronic decoys is only $1m. :ROFLMAO: Do you even believe the things you say? <-Serious question.

What's so surprising about that? The Iskander-M costs $800,000. The Kinzhal is just a modified Iskander M. The Kaliber is more sophisticated and costs $1M. Tomahawk costs $2M. The Kinzhal has always been hypersonic on the cheap.

Nah. As per Prigozhin, Donbas will take a minimum of 1.5 years and all the territories east of the Dnieper will take 3 years. Must be underpromising, but any conclusion is years away.

For the end to just begin, the Russians have to take the 3rd line, Slovyansk to Kostiantynivka, marked in red.

View attachment 27829

Right now, after Bakhmut (1), the next target will be Chasiv Yar (2). Post that, until the 3rd line, the red line, everything is just flat lands, which will allow the Russians to directly threaten Kostiantynivka. Next would be Pokrovsk (4). Once 4 falls, Donbas can be conisdered captured.

Of course, in order to capture the cities along the red line, the Russians will also have to start a new offensive in the Lyman and Siversk regions, which are in the northeast and east resply of Slovyansk.

Also, the one city on the top left corner of the map called Barvinkove also needs to be captured, it's a rail line that can supply to Slovyansk.

For any decisive victory, it's a long road ahead.

In any case, the Russians are not prioritising taking land, they are focused on killing the UAF.

They will just use it differently, without exposing themselves in a head-on collision with the Russians. So low altitude support and interdiction missions and standoff strike.
I think now the goal is do drag the conflict and make it a big money pit for nato. Russia will use wagner & allied groups to grind the ukraine and ukraine will keep asking for support from west.

I think now the goal is do drag the conflict and make it a big money pit for nato. Russia will use wagner & allied groups to grind the ukraine and ukraine will keep asking for support from west.
Wagner has fulfilled its contract and is quickly pulling out/getting the hell out of Bakhmut because they know what is coming.

Reactions: Hydra
most of them are from private companies like maxar.
So where are Russia's shots of the damage to the Patriots.
no one will explicitly disclose their capability. A good example is SAR imagery.
Right, so now you're arguing that a simple image from a satellite is too top secret for Russia to disclose, but they're happy for the innards of all their missiles to be discovered and analysed. Why are there no shots from private companies even?

The simplest answer is usually correct, i.e. there was destruction of a battery by Kinzhals.

As regards Kinzhals costing $1m, who the hell are you kidding? Not even yourselves I would bet.

Reactions: Hydra
Nah. As per Prigozhin, Donbas will take a minimum of 1.5 years
Don't change what he said. He said 6 months for Donetsk and Luhansk and 1.5-2 years for everything east of the Dnieper, i.e. Zaporizhzhia and Kherson too. Instead Bakhmut took 6 months.

What's so surprising about that? The Iskander-M costs $800,000. The Kinzhal is just a modified Iskander M. The Kaliber is more sophisticated and costs $1M. Tomahawk costs $2M. The Kinzhal has always been hypersonic on the cheap.
All your assertions are nonsense. Iskander-M costs $3m, and is a single piece missile, Kinzhal is far more complicated, the RV separates and there's a radar in the nose. Not to mention that they had to turn an interceptor into a non-interceptor that can only carry Kinzhals just to use it, which has a separate, yet absolutely necessary cost associated with it too that isn't even included in the Kinzhal's $10m price tag. As for Kalibr's, India must have got ripped off then. :ROFLMAO: You won't find your figures quoted anywhere.
It's Russia that's exceeded their target budget deficit for the whole of 2023 in Q1.

So where are Russia's shots of the damage to the Patriots.

Right, so now you're arguing that a simple image from a satellite is too top secret for Russia to disclose, but they're happy for the innards of all their missiles to be discovered and analysed. Why are there no shots from private companies even?

The simplest answer is usually correct, i.e. there was no destruction of a battery by Kinzhals.

As regards Kinzhals costing $1m, who the hell are you kidding? Not even yourselves I would bet.
Correction of part in bold.

Don't change what he said. He said 6 months for Donetsk and Luhansk and 1.5-2 years for everything east of the Dnieper, i.e. Zaporizhzhia and Kherson too. Instead Bakhmut took 6 months.

I heard what he said. 1.5 to 2 years for Donbas and 3 years in total for everything east of the river. Not just Zapo and Kherson, but Polatva, Sumy and Chernihiv too, and Kharkiv.

All your assertions are nonsense. Iskander-M costs $3m, and is a single piece missile, Kinzhal is far more complicated, the RV separates and there's a radar in the nose. Not to mention that they had to turn an interceptor into a non-interceptor that can only carry Kinzhals just to use it, which has a separate, yet absolutely necessary cost associated with it too that isn't even included in the Kinzhal's $10m price tag. As for Kalibr's, India must have got ripped off then. :ROFLMAO: You won't find your figures quoted anywhere.

It's Russia that's exceeded their target budget deficit for the whole of 2023 in Q1.

Western numbers for Russian costs are ridiculous, all made up. Help yourself to actual costs in rubles and convert them yourself.

When a Su-30SM costs $20M, how on earth will a Kinzhal cost $10M?

And converting a jet to carry a new weapon isn't that expensive. We did that with MKI for Brahmos-A.

I think NATO will be happy spending money on this. They are fighting Russia to the last Ukrainian. That works for them. The war has also been quite cheap from their perspective. If the cost is merely Ukrainian lives, who cares...

Apparently, the life expectancy of a newly trained Ukrainian soldier is now calculated in hours. I saw a video a month ago where a Ukrainian soldier was claiming these new recruits get training ony for 3 days before being sent to the front. And they are fighting the Wagners, who are far more experienced than the Russian Army.
Wagner has fulfilled its contract and is quickly pulling out/getting the hell out of Bakhmut because they know what is coming.

Once the Bakhmut offensive is done, the Russians will prepare for Ukraine's spring offensive. Wagners will be placed in defensive locations.

Overall, the Russians have claimed taking Bakhmut will free up 80000 troops.

• Agree
Attack of 3 Ukrainian infantry fighting vehicles in the Zaporozhye direction. Footage of the attack of three Ukrainian BMP-1s in the Zaporozhye direction in January of this year has been published. The positions of the Russian reconnaissance group of the army special forces and marines of the 177th regiment of the Caspian flotilla were attacked. Three Ukrainian BMP-1s came close to the Russian positions and landed troops. As a result of the ensuing battle, after one of the BMPs was damaged, the Ukrainian units retreated. The details of the battle are unknown, according to the results of the battle, there are wounded on both sides.

A short episode of an oncoming tank battle has been published, a Russian T-80BVM tank, under the command of a fighter with the call sign Altai, with a Ukrainian tank, presumably T-64. Reportedly, a Ukrainian tank leaving the forest belt was attacked by a T-80BVM tank. The video shows part of the battle, where the T-80BVM tank fires a second time at a Ukrainian tank and undermines its ammunition load.

Reactions: randomradio