Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Definitely. The narrative here on daily news is more about Ukraine getting F-16s, the looming counter offensive, and now "bringing the war to Russia" and whatnot.

Might also be targeted towards Russians themselves. Trying to show them that they are not unreachable if push comes to shove? Or just to rub their noses in this stalled out invasion.

If Russia doesn't respond strongly to this, I wonder if we'll start to see more cross border raids that target more high value targets or go deeper into Russia.
It's basically an SF op being advertised. Unless there is a proper objective in mind, it appears like a move to distract the Western audience from the loss of Bakhmut.
It will force Russians to destroy their own villages to reclaim them, which is thoroughly deserved, and will cost Russia money.

Yep. With an unclear objective at this point, it's difficult to speculate. But the Russian response will be felt elsewhere.

The new Ukr offensive may give Russia the excuse to begin a second mobilisation, as long as they have produced and upgraded enough heavy weapons. The Ukr offensive could see the Russians launching a counteroffensive in response.

I suppose there may be an increase in the use of airpower from the Russian side soon.
If Russia were going to up their use of airpower they'd have done it long before all the Western SAMs arrived. We're 15 months into this war now, at least be honest with yourself if no one else.

I wonder will Russia table a resolution to condemn this at the UN?

• Haha
Reactions: Picdelamirand-oil
So, Ban on Assault Weapons did reduce mass shootings. Wow! Who would have thought?
Some Paranoid Americans needs to chill out the fantasies of Govt taking guns and then enslaving them. LOL!
off topic but.. the reality here is that loads of people are packing heat. While it would be nice to not have to worry about gun violence, it is better to have a piece at home and train once a year. God forbid you ever have to use it, but better have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

most gun violence is gang related anyways but break-ins and armed robbery in general is up compared to when I was a kid :/

I suppose there may be an increase in the use of airpower from the Russian side soon.
Considering the performance of the Russian Army, how do you think their airforce will perform with Western SAMs starting to flood Ukraine? Do the RuAF even have a SEAD doctrine?

If anything I think it will be a good learning experience for the IAF on what not to do considering how similar some of the jets/systems they use are to the RuAF.

It will force Russians to destroy their own villages to reclaim them, which is thoroughly deserved, and will cost Russia money.
Do you think this could be a rallying act for thr Russian domestic audience?

"Look! NATO/Nazis are kicking down our doors! It's only a matter of time before they get us!"

or something along those lines?

off topic but.. the reality here is that loads of people are packing heat. While it would be nice to not have to worry about gun violence, it is better to have a piece at home and train once a year. God forbid you ever have to use it, but better have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

most gun violence is gang related anyways but break-ins and armed robbery in general is up compared to when I was a kid :/
They only banned the production of new assault weapons anyway, so all the ones still out there were... well, still out there.

• Agree
Reactions: Ginvincible

@Rajput Lion The way KSA *censored*ed up patriotic against houthis suggest that patriot is indeed a complex system to get mastered. Not an easy equipment to get trained so quickly, its applicable to every complex SAMs including the overly hyped s400. @Rajput Lion my query is what is your beloved mother Russia gonna doing, NATO personals in battle field, aiming Russian flying machines with SAM.

Last edited:
Do you think this could be a rallying act for thr Russian domestic audience?

"Look! NATO/Nazis are kicking down our doors! It's only a matter of time before they get us!"

or something along those lines?
Given how many have left and how many Putin have imprisoned, I doubt that will be their response. At the moment their futures are not bright - they basically consist of near certain death when Putin throws them into the Ukraine War.

Another useless bleat from Moscow:

Putin: The Russian Federation did not start the war, but is trying with the help of the NMD to end the war waged by the "enemy of our people."

Those f*cking people are unbelievable.
It is not an invasion of Russia nor a war but a small Ukrainian special operation... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I think they're actually regulators deputised by the ICC to go into Russia and arrest Putin for trial.

Ignore them, they made this problem, let them fix it by leaving Ukraine.

And if it doesn't happen, will you admit that you are dreaming?

Depends on the performance of the Ukrainian offensive next month, Russian risk-taking backbone and the current rate of aircraft production necessary to give the Russians enough jets for both the war effort and to act as deterrence against NATO.

So I'm talking from the PoV of a Russian counteroffensive in response to the upcoming Ukrainian offensive. If the Russians simply stop the Ukrainian offensive and then repeat the current grind, then nothing much will change.

1914 map of Ukraine:

1684919601216.png