Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Yeah, no it wasn't, total in Iraq was 25k, mostly Iraqi security forces of new government... over 20 years.

• Over 7,000 U.S. service members and over 8,000 contractors have died in the post-9/11 wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.
  • Over 30,177 U.S. service members and veterans of the post-9/11 wars have died by suicide.
  • Coalition partners have died in large numbers: approximately 177,000 uniformed Afghans, Pakistanis, Iraqis, and Syrian allies have died as of November 2019.
So 15000 US-related deaths, 30000 US suicides and 177k others, that's 222000 in total, official. Obviously doesn't include suicides among allies.

Here's another one:

Note that they have underestimated allied deaths. It's closer to 300,000 US + allies dead total. So, yeah, an insurgency in Europe is a nightmare scenario. Terrorism can be one too.

Not sure you had one. This is not an insurgency war.

You didn't get the point, so why am I not surprised?

In a war, apart from soldier casualties, you also see material losses and major changes in territory. But in this war, we are not seeing as much material or territorial losses, but just soldiers dying over small amounts of territory. I'm not calling this an insurgency, this is a war, but what I'm saying is the losses we are seeing is similar to what we see in insurgencies.

Second point being the Russians are going to want to take revenge on the West for this. So we could either see terrorism or insurgency or both in Europe. Or NATO could get pulled into some other conflict elsewhere, like over Iran or NoKo.

Ukr sources report damage.

"It did not sink, but there was a hit and there is significant damage to the hull and equipment. Now the Russians are hastily repairing it."

Reactions: BMD
  • Over 7,000 U.S. service members and over 8,000 contractors have died in the post-9/11 wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.
  • Over 30,177 U.S. service members and veterans of the post-9/11 wars have died by suicide.
  • Coalition partners have died in large numbers: approximately 177,000 uniformed Afghans, Pakistanis, Iraqis, and Syrian allies have died as of November 2019.
So 15000 US-related deaths, 30000 US suicides and 177k others, that's 222000 in total, official. Obviously doesn't include suicides among allies.

Here's another one:

Note that they have underestimated allied deaths. It's closer to 300,000 US + allies dead total. So, yeah, an insurgency in Europe is a nightmare scenario. Terrorism can be one too.
You're including deaths in several wars at once. 7,000 is for Iraq and Afghanistan plus. 177k is partners outside NATO for 3 separate wars including Afghan War related deaths in Pakistan. You originally stated 200k for Iraq alone.
You didn't get the point, so why am I not surprised?

In a war, apart from soldier casualties, you also see material losses and major changes in territory. But in this war, we are not seeing as much material or territorial losses, but just soldiers dying over small amounts of territory. I'm not calling this an insurgency, this is a war, but what I'm saying is the losses we are seeing is similar to what we see in insurgencies.
What war are you watching? :confused:
Second point being the Russians are going to want to take revenge on the West for this. So we could either see terrorism or insurgency or both in Europe. Or NATO could get pulled into some other conflict elsewhere, like over Iran or NoKo.
They're going to be kept to busy for them to be able. Things are always more peaceful elsewhere when Russia's military is absorbed in a significant conflict. An idle Russian military is the devil's workshop.

You're including deaths in several wars at once. 7,000 is for Iraq and Afghanistan plus. 177k is partners outside NATO for 3 separate wars including Afghan War related deaths in Pakistan. You originally stated 200k for Iraq alone.

100k for Afghan and 200k for Iraq. 300k in total. And what makes you believe the Iraqis are telling the truth about their casualties?

They're going to be kept to busy for them to be able. Things are always more peaceful elsewhere when Russia's military is absorbed in a significant conflict. An idle Russian military is the devil's workshop.

Lol, the US is the main culprit. The Russians are always busy with internal issues anyway.

100k for Afghan and 200k for Iraq. 300k in total. And what makes you believe the Iraqis are telling the truth about their casualties?
What makes you believe they aren't. 200k is for Iraqis, Afghans, Syrians and Pakistanis.
Lol, the US is the main culprit. The Russians are always busy with internal issues anyway.
Internal issues in Syria, Libya, Mali, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, CAR, Sudan, Mozambique....?

Ukr sources report damage.

"It did not sink, but there was a hit and there is significant damage to the hull and equipment. Now the Russians are hastily repairing it."
I wonder if the drone that hit had less explosive on board or something, because based on the explosion of the destroyed UUV, that does not look like something a 4,000t ship would survive.

What makes you believe they aren't. 200k is for Iraqis, Afghans, Syrians and Pakistanis.

Fine. But still a major upgrade for you from 3k in 20 years.
I wonder if the drone that hit had less explosive on board or something, because based on the explosion of the destroyed UUV, that does not look like something a 4,000t ship would survive.

The ship is too big to be sunk by one drone.

Fine. But still a major upgrade for you from 3k in 20 years.
I said 3k in 20 years for Iraq for Western coalition forces, not local parties. Russia loses that every week in Ukraine.
The ship is too big to be sunk by one drone.
The explosion from the ones they destroyed looked huge, and it's a relatively small ship - roughly 1/3rd the displacement of Moskva.
1685052821598.png

I said 3k in 20 years for Iraq for Western coalition forces, not local parties. Russia loses that every week in Ukraine.

What that means is NATO is yet to experience an insurgency on their own.

The explosion from the ones they destroyed looked huge, and it's a relatively small ship - roughly 1/3rd the displacement of Moskva.
View attachment 27911

The explosion was outside the ship, that's not enough.

The fact that their "best" a2g aircraft has to fly really low dropping dumb bombs and missing is really pathetic. VKS has no chance in hell against USAFE.
It reminded me of footage from the Vietnam era and 1986 strikes on Libya. Since then, doctrine has moved substantially towards high intensity SEAD and medium to high altitude flying.

What that means is NATO is yet to experience an insurgency on their own.
What it means is that insurgents knew better than to target NATO troops, just as drug cartels know better than to targets DEA agents.
The explosion was outside the ship, that's not enough.
And Timothy McVeigh's bomb was outside the FBI building.

Meanwhile a mass Russian air attack failed last night, nothing got through again.

A strike in Krasnodor, Russia did however.