Ukraine - Russia Conflict

1687960334753.png

So the best option today is how linguistically and culturally aligned the peoples of different territories are.
So multilingual countries like India should be split into little bits?
Would have easily devolved into an insurgency.
Yeah, like in Donbass, one that is entirely created and supported by a foreign power.
But, because the existing regime in Ukraine is busy attacking them, they have lost legitimacy to those parts.
Again, that's just the Kremlin line, which is always a lie. Prigozhin admitted this, too, that during the eight years of fighting before the invasion, the armed forces of Ukraine only targeted military positions.
India is an EU++ with common foreign policy and defence.
Yeah that's called a federal state. Like Australia, Brazil, Canada, and plenty more. The EU is a sui generis collectivity because it precisely isn't a federal state but a union of separate sovereign states. This has its own advantages and drawbacks, but this isn't the proper topic to discuss this.

Reactions: BMD
So the best option today is how linguistically and culturally aligned the peoples of different territories are.
If Indian chief ministers are offered to separate from India, they will all grab the chance of becoming the PM of a country.

Think before you type . Russian situation is different than ours . unnecessary drawing parallel to indian situation is not suitable . I had told you the same when you started drawing parallel with 1971 genocide of Bangladesh . People is lack of information on ground realities or history reading comments , and everyone does nt have time to constantly engage in a debate . You defend Russia in your way , but no need for bringing india in to it all the time .

Think before you type . Russian situation is different than ours . unnecessary drawing parallel to indian situation is not suitable . I had told you the same when you started drawing parallel with 1971 genocide of Bangladesh . People is lack of information on ground realities or history reading comments , and everyone does nt have time to constantly engage in a debate . You defend Russia in your way , but no need for bringing india in to it all the time .
That's the problem with randomradio and company. All their conclusions and positions on this war are routed in historical incidents and biases that have no relationship with the current situation.

As for 1971, there's no similarity. If India had invaded Bangladesh (then East Pakistan) or part of it to start the war in the first place, then it might be more similar. If 80% of the UN had condemned this invasion, then it might be more similar. If Crimea and the Donbass had been underfunded by the Ukrainian central government for many years before 2014, then it might be more similar. If ~3 million people had been killed in Crimea/Donbass, then it might be more similar.

In other news:

I've got one Kremlin troll on Twitter trying to claim that 73,000 US troops were killed in Iraq by 2007.:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oh and the Wagner rebellion was a CIA-backed coup. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Domobran7
So multilingual countries like India should be split into little bits?

India is the exception, as is the EU, as already explained. Democracies can accept different people, not other systems.

Yeah, like in Donbass, one that is entirely created and supported by a foreign power.

There is no insurgency in Donbas against Russian presence.

Again, that's just the Kremlin line, which is always a lie. Prigozhin admitted this, too, that during the eight years of fighting before the invasion, the armed forces of Ukraine only targeted military positions.

One day, when Prigozhin starts his work against Europe, will you backtrack on his comments?

He's mixed truths and lies in his statements.

Minsk agreements were fair.

Why don't you try and explain what I meant there?

• Agree
Reactions: Rajput Lion
Violent Ukrainian attack towards Bakhmut. The canal is clearly visible on the right of the video, so this was probably one of the Russian positions west of the canal that have been reported lost in recent days.

Two UR-77 shots, one on the target trench, one in the field somewhere (mine clearance? but the ICVs don't get through there).

Then a charge of 3 ICVs continuously strafing and dropping their troops about 100 m from the enemy position. The ICVs then withdrew.

Grenade assault on the position. The Russian troops in lateral positions seemed to break off the fight.

One day, when Prigozhin starts his work against Europe, will you backtrack on his comments?
Why?

Russians lie nearly constantly, so it's quite refreshing in the very rare instances where they admit the truth. This has happened twice so far, with Girkin admitting the Crimea takeover was at gunpoint and the Donbass insurgency would never have happened without him and other Russian agents instigating it with the help of the Russian military out of uniform; and with Prigozhin admitting the entire narrative about the Special Military Operation was bullshit from start to end.

It doesn't mean that I like them. If anything, it only establishes how morally bankrupt these guys are, because they know they're fighting for lies, they know the population didn't want to join Russia, but they're still entirely in favor of the fight.

There is no insurgency in Donbas against Russian presence.
Yes, there is. From 2014:

Also, from 2019:
Polls from before the war showing the majority of the population wanted to rejoin Ukraine; and also that a growing number of them didn't even want a special status.

Why?

Russians lie nearly constantly, so it's quite refreshing in the very rare instances where they admit the truth. This has happened twice so far, with Girkin admitting the Crimea takeover was at gunpoint and the Donbass insurgency would never have happened without him and other Russian agents instigating it with the help of the Russian military out of uniform; and with Prigozhin admitting the entire narrative about the Special Military Operation was bullshit from start to end.

It doesn't mean that I like them. If anything, it only establishes how morally bankrupt these guys are, because they know they're fighting for lies, they know the population didn't want to join Russia, but they're still entirely in favor of the fight.

'Cause both the Kremlin and Prigozhin have lied.

Yes, there is. From 2014:

That's called cross-border infiltration. The stuff I said could happen in the Balkans.

Also, from 2019:
Polls from before the war showing the majority of the population wanted to rejoin Ukraine; and also that a growing number of them didn't even want a special status.

The sample size is not large enough. And it's largely in favour of what I said. Only 24% want the pre-war system in seperatist areas, the rest either want autonomy or amalgamation into the Russian Federation.