Alarm Raised Over Destabilizing New Russian Threat In Space: Reports

IRBMs, 5000 km class. ICBMs are 5500 km and above.
The difference is negligible, only about 20% in speed, Mach 20 vs Mach 25 peak speed. Most IRBM interceptors have a damn good chance against ICBMs too. Anyway, I found the graphic I was looking for earlier (note bottom right), Russia has very little chance of beating the US at nuclear powered weapons in space, when you combine this micro-reactor tech with Falcon 9 and Palcon Heavy. The US can put 10+MW lasers in space if it becomes important to security.

1708183833036.png

Reactions: Rajput Lion
The difference is negligible, only about 20% in speed, Mach 20 vs Mach 25 peak speed. Most IRBM interceptors have a damn good chance against ICBMs too. Anyway, I found the graphic I was looking for earlier (note bottom right), Russia has very little chance of beating the US at nuclear powered weapons in space, when you combine this micro-reactor tech with Falcon 9 and Palcon Heavy. The US can put 10+MW lasers in space if it becomes important to security.

View attachment 32005
Maybe Russia is also working on space Laser weapons which could neutralize all US space assets!? That's why US is looking so spooked, IMO.

If Russia can take out American early warning and surveillance satellites then their BMD will have a tough time against RS-28 and Topol-M. What say?

Last edited:
The difference is negligible, only about 20% in speed, Mach 20 vs Mach 25 peak speed. Most IRBM interceptors have a damn good chance against ICBMs too.

Yeah, but it still matters.

Anyway, I found the graphic I was looking for earlier (note bottom right), Russia has very little chance of beating the US at nuclear powered weapons in space, when you combine this micro-reactor tech with Falcon 9 and Palcon Heavy. The US can put 10+MW lasers in space if it becomes important to security.

View attachment 32005

Sure. No one is saying the Americans cannot compete. The question really is how destabilizing it is, and who achieved it first.

And what if the Russians use it before the Americans deploy their own? It's always the first mover advantage.

Yeah, but it still matters.
Not as much as you would think. When you boil it down, a satellite moves faster than any ICBM or IRBM.
Sure. No one is saying the Americans cannot compete. The question really is how destabilizing it is, and who achieved it first.

And what if the Russians use it before the Americans deploy their own? It's always the first mover advantage.
Not if a more powerful ground laser wipes it out. My bet is that it's a nuclear powered EW system and that's all.

Not as much as you would think. When you boil it down, a satellite moves faster than any ICBM or IRBM.

They are faster, but they lack defenses. Plus they are operating around colder ambient temperatures.

Not if a more powerful ground laser wipes it out. My bet is that it's a nuclear powered EW system and that's all.

Nothing destabilizing about that. Anyway, the US said it's ASAT. An EW system is not ASAT.

They are faster, but they lack defenses. Plus they are operating around colder ambient temperatures.
ICBMs don't have defences only decoys, which don't stand up to dual-plane polarised radars or SM-3 IIR seekers. ICBMs reach a peak altitude of 1200km, above the altitude of many satellites and all previous ASAT tests. Only GBI has hit anything above 1000km.
Nothing destabilizing about that. Anyway, the US said it's ASAT. An EW system is not ASAT.
Sure it is. You can neutralise a satellite without anything touching it. Threat is also described as 'non-immediate'. A hard-kill weapon would be 'immediate'.
Then why are you crying foul if Russia is about to do the same? Even China and India will follow suit sooner or later.
Funding season.
Maybe Russia is also working on space Laser weapons which could neutralize all US space assets!? That's why US is looking so spooked, IMO.

If Russia can take out American early warning and surveillance satellites then their BMD will have a tough time against RS-28 and Topol-M. What say?
Or maybe a US satellite takes out those satellites.

The capability is there with everyone considered a space power. But there's nothing operational.

Similarly, nobody has bio and chem weapons, but all have the ability to make them within months.

The idea behind not making such systems operational is to give diplomacy a chance.

So weaponizing space is a political decision, not a technical one.
Sure it is. You can neutralise a satellite without anything touching it. Threat is also described as 'non-immediate'. A hard-kill weapon would be 'immediate'.

Immediate here means it's not operational, and will not be for quite some time.

Then why are you crying foul if Russia is about to do the same? Even China and India will follow suit sooner or later.
Lol. Dude have you been living under a rock? Crying foul, poverty and no capabilities is the policy of MIC to make sure its funding is never cut. In fact the more they cry the boogieman is trying to get us the more funding they get.

When you have the...
and USAF all having their own space agency it's sorta difficult justifying their existence without a "sky is falling threat."

For 20 years the Delta IV alone (most powerful lifting rocket) has been launching supposedly spy/intel SATS for these agencies while at the same time much smaller less powerful rockets have been launching the same spy/intel SATS for these agencies.

I'm not saying the US has nukes in space or even """"lasers"""" but they do have a kill capability that has been orbiting for decades acting as SATS or attached to SATS that function what is claimed. I think many of these SATS are carrying some type of these kind of vehicles...

I mean this is 80's tech the US had and the video @3:55 that vehicle has six kill vehicles attached to it. When Reagans diary was made public there's a page where he talks about having a meeting with his top scientist and learning about a highly classified space vehicle capable of carrying 300 passengers. US space capabilities is decades more ahead than what we know.

Having these kill vehicles in orbit is a violation of whatever treaty they signed and I think the US got very nervous when a Russian and chicom SAT were tailing near a US SAT not because it meant Russia and China has some new capability but because it can take a high quality picture of that SAT possibly revealing something the US shouldn't have. MIC does things outside the knowledge of Presidents and many US lawmakers.

• Informative
I don't think it has anything to do with missile or rocket system. Most probably a satellite system with anti sat capabilities which is to replicate the target satellite through AI generated algorithm and hijack all comms. Some what like you spoof your own identity in space with single command and carry out everything without any further command from Earth.

IIA is at the early stage of ICBM coverage, like the S-500. But S-550 takes it to the next level.
Here's a balanced view of the S-500. Most of its claimed capabilities are untested, even in a controlled environment without friction.

Lol. Dude have you been living under a rock? Crying foul, poverty and no capabilities is the policy of MIC to make sure its funding is never cut. In fact the more they cry the boogieman is trying to get us the more funding they get.

When you have the...
and USAF all having their own space agency it's sorta difficult justifying their existence without a "sky is falling threat."

For 20 years the Delta IV alone (most powerful lifting rocket) has been launching supposedly spy/intel SATS for these agencies while at the same time much smaller less powerful rockets have been launching the same spy/intel SATS for these agencies.

I'm not saying the US has nukes in space or even """"lasers"""" but they do have a kill capability that has been orbiting for decades acting as SATS or attached to SATS that function what is claimed. I think many of these SATS are carrying some type of these kind of vehicles...

I mean this is 80's tech the US had and the video @3:55 that vehicle has six kill vehicles attached to it. When Reagans diary was made public there's a page where he talks about having a meeting with his top scientist and learning about a highly classified space vehicle capable of carrying 300 passengers. US space capabilities is decades more ahead than what we know.

Having these kill vehicles in orbit is a violation of whatever treaty they signed and I think the US got very nervous when a Russian and chicom SAT were tailing near a US SAT not because it meant Russia and China has some new capability but because it can take a high quality picture of that SAT possibly revealing something the US shouldn't have. MIC does things outside the knowledge of Presidents and many US lawmakers.

That's just DACS. All major space programs died at the end of the Cold War. Even the ridiculous idea for a 300-man space shuttle, which is perfectly doable, just needs money.

And no, there are no weapons in space. You don't need a satellite to trail other satellites for photographs, they are perfectly visible from regular telescopes on the ground and other spy satellites. Something called zoom.