Status
Not open for further replies.
If I can have my way, I will tell Pak to shoot Abhi. The idiot has got his name in history books but also changed the entire narrative and script of the emerging situation prematurely.
Frankly if the loss and parade of 1 single pilot can have such a demoralizing effect on the ON, the CCS & the armed forces, I really don't know what to say. I doubt any of those mentioned are using this as an excuse as well , irrespective of how active 5th columnists like The Hindu, The Wire and UndyTV may try to portray it.

2 major points from press conference:
No escalation will be done by our side.
Spokesperson avoided the question that it is an act of war...
So we can close this thread

Recall what happened with Gp Capt Bhojwani, who got that question and said yes, it is?

It is not military's call to declare war, it is the political leaderships.

There is no question between the two as to what it is ... time and place of next action remains with us.

Now let us examine Pakistan:

Economy is tanked. Looking for bail out.

Takes action in response to what everyone and their dog acknowledges as India's legitimate strike against Terror groups.

Loses 01 x F-16, PM of Pakistan is made out as liar as he claims holding 02 x IAF pilots and before that, denies bombing at Balakote, then is proved a liar (or ignorant) by DGISPR ;)

In the above case, everytime IAF gets 04 aircrafts to converge, Pakistan AF will mobilize, expecting an attack. How long, in your opinion, do you think that they can keep doing that?

If it was me,i would have wasted every PN ship outside of karachi harbour.But i guess you prefer the decision makers who bend.

The day you serve, let me know. We will talk further.

One thing I remain scared of here, is the arm chair general. Not seeing the picture. They are more dangerous than a desk bound serving general, by a slight margin.

• Agree
Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
Okay:

Air Force: AVM Kapoor -

24 PAF fighters in package yesterday. Mix of F-16, JF-17, Mirages (not sure of III or V).
08 x IAF Fighters 02 x Mig21 Bisons, 04 x Su-30MKI and 02 x Mirage 2000 UPG
Aircrafts were identified with ELINT means, which will not be shared.
The PAF attempted to drop LGBs which landed in military areas within their compounds.
Footage of attack on Balakote is with them, GoI to take decision on release.
Answered that the PAF took an aggressive action which was thwarted when asked by a lady reporter if this was an act of war.

Army Maj Gen Mahal (I think)

Our mechanized forces are on standby and ceasefire violations.

Navy Rear Admiral Gujral:

Indian Navy in highest alert posture, ready to deter any challenges to Indian security along with Indian Army and Air Force.

They said they bombed without fuse , just to Demonstrate they can also do at will...
Is this true?

Last edited:
No sir just a common man who waited year after year to see those ballz. Just tell me it's not over yet.

Okay.

It is just a teaser. I love the picture I am seeing...... let us sit back and enjoy our teas and let the boys and girls, whose job it is to do what they are going to do, get on with their jobs so that we loose very few of these fine men and women who are out for us.

Do not try to second guess a soldier - ever.

Recall what happened with Gp Capt Bhojwani, who got that question and said yes, it is?

It is not military's call to declare war, it is the political leaderships.

There is no question between the two as to what it is ... time and place of next action remains with us.

Now let us examine Pakistan:

Economy is tanked. Looking for bail out.

Takes action in response to what everyone and their dog acknowledges as India's legitimate strike against Terror groups.

Loses 01 x F-16, PM of Pakistan is made out as liar as he claims holding 02 x IAF pilots and before that, denies bombing at Balakote, then is proved a liar (or ignorant) by DGISPR ;)

In the above case, everytime IAF gets 04 aircrafts to converge, Pakistan AF will mobilize, expecting an attack. How long, in your opinion, do you think that they can keep doing that?

In my opinion, we should do it often and every once in a while penetrate their airspace deep - say 10-20 kms. Their opex budget would go haywire. Their air crafts log in unnecessary flight hours. Let's bleed them by a 1000 cuts now. It's an oppurtune moment.

In my opinion, we should do it often and every once in a while penetrate their airspace deep - say 10-20 kms. Their opex budget would go haywire. Their air crafts log in unnecessary flight hours. Let's bleed them by a 1000 cuts now. It's an oppurtune moment.

That is - in my opinion, what we are doing. Go in at will.

IAF will stay on our side of LC. Weapons free order has been given. When GoI decides another Terror group needs a 'prodding' expect repeat at will.

We can do that forever, how long can Pakistan appear as a protector of Terror? Are they now not appearing as Terror defenders world over? What do you think India gained?

IMG-20190228-WA0001.jpg

Reactions: rockstarIN
I think given his situation where he was tasked to guard border, he made a human error in judgement. I do't think he was trying to play hero. They were under pressure surely after seeing so 20+ incoming Pak fighters.
A wingco as a two aircraft formation leader under pressure? come on give me a break. What would have happened if his wingman too had been shot down and landed in POK? We maintain our formation integrity very strongly and as fighter pilots, our loyalties and committment are not a saleable commodity. Long back, four aircraft formation of Blue Angels went into the sea together. Everyone in the formation knew that the leader had miscalculated the loop height. Not even one of them broke the formation and they all followed the leader to death. The last words of the formation leader were,"Sorry guys".
Even in that Topgun movie, there is scene where ICEMAN asks Maverick," When you went after Jester, who was covering your wingman". That sums up what a formation leader must do. I had four aircraft lead clearance in IN. I know what is needed of a formation leader. The entire force of IAF had 4xSu-30MKI, 2xM2K and 2xBisons. seven of them followed the instructions of the controller but one decided to break them. He even disregarded the calls from his own wingman. Su-30MKI have the longest ranged AAMs and ability to pursue and shoot down PAF fighters within Pak airspace. They decided to follow the instructions. Why did this man not follow them?
I am sure he will be given a medal for shooting down a F-16 blk50/52 and hailed as a Hero. But is he really a Hero? from now on every soldier who dies on LOC and every Soldier who dies in CT ops, Will die due to the stupidity of Abhi.
Had it not been for him, maybe today morning, you would have seen a new world map. An armed force of 1.3m soldiers got let down by a self serving, hunter for glory pilot.

There is nothing wrong in what he has said. He did the best he could. I am pretty sure none here is aware of what happened actually.
Just a question out of curiosity

If the pilot had not been captured , would the situation have been in our favour ie we would have been able to retaliate against Pakistan attack on our military installations.

Frankly if the loss and parade of 1 single pilot can have such a demoralizing effect on the ON, the CCS & the armed forces, I really don't know what to say. I doubt any of those mentioned are using this as an excuse as well , irrespective of how active 5th columnists like The Hindu, The Wire and UndyTV may try to portray it.
Loss during actual hostilities is different when we are smarting for having used force against non military targets. Pak used force against our military targets. That created the room for full fledged operations against Pakistan.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
I am also disappointed I wanted atleast a token bombing of Pakistani military installations in retaliation against their action on our military installations. We should have closed the conflict on our terms and not on their terms.

Very much disappointed with PM and our military. Our military should have been more adamant on taking corrective steps and forced our politicians to toe their line.

I am also disappointed I wanted atleast a token bombing of Pakistani military installations in retaliation against their action on our military installations. We should have closed the conflict on our terms and not on their terms.

Very much disappointed with PM and our military. Our military should have been more adamant on taking corrective steps and forced our politicians to toe their line.
yes. I agree with you. But as I said, we will have next opportunity very very soon. The atomi kuwwat did not speak about nukes even once in last 48hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.