Indian Economy : News,Discussions & Updates

Baba intelligence becomes reality...☺☺☺

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/sw...get-notices-in-a-day/articleshow/69507164.cms

Switzerland steps up process to share banking info; 11 Indians get notices in a day
1558899416762.png

Baba intelligence becomes reality...☺☺☺

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/sw...get-notices-in-a-day/articleshow/69507164.cms

Switzerland steps up process to share banking info; 11 Indians get notices in a day
Nothing new. Switzerland started sharing information since August 2018 itself. Every account holder with Indian nationality was contacted to give them a heads up about new information sharing agreement back in Nov 2017. And data is shared for account opened only after 2014 btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
And also, if you open an account on the name of shell company (located in another country, let's say Hongkong) you can stack billions and still not come under the radar unless the LLC is directly involved in a crime against Switzerland. If your opening an account in Switzerland the IRS (American tax department) will flag you irrespective of your nationality but even the IRS cant track an LLC. That's how most Indians have their money stacked way. People moving money to different countries is just a bluff.

• Informative
Reactions: Gautam
@Ashwin @Falcon @vstol Jockey @nair @LoneWolfSandeep @Sathya @Parthu et al.

Guys, remember a while back there was a thread started on "British apology on Jallianwala Bagh Massacre" that turned to a rather nasty keyboard war between @_Anonymous_ @Guynextdoor @BMD and @CountryFirst .

In that thread me and @BlackOpsIndia talked about tracking real time improvements in India's poverty rates, especially in the "extreme poverty" category. Since then I have looked around the internet for the most frequently updated data set. The ones that are readily available are usually providing data from a few months sometimes years back.

This one here according to me has the most updated data : World Poverty Clock
It is funded by, among others, the UN and the German government. In my limited "research" it does seem to provide accurate data.

Now here comes the explosive claim.
Latest WorldPoverty data shows that India has already achieved the "< 3% extreme poverty" goal. It is a goal of UN Sustainable Development Plan. Supposed to be achieved by 2030 for all countries. It was expected by UN projections that India would achieve this goal by the end of 2019. But data update shows we have already achieved it. I guess some of that can be attributed to GDP growth.

Currently :
Poverty % relative to the world is at 6.8%
Poverty % relative to the country is at 2%

India is on track to achieve all 17 of the UN Sustainable Development goals with in the stipulated time frame.

Projections say that by 2030 :
people living in extreme poverty will be 0.2% of our 1.52 billion population.
people living in poverty relative to the world will be 0.6%
people living in poverty relative to the country will be 0.1%

Does anybody have a better data source, or do you agree with this one here ?

Guys, remember a while back there was a thread started on "British apology on Jallianwala Bagh Massacre" that turned to a rather nasty keyboard war between @_Anonymous_ @Guynextdoor @BMD and @CountryFirst .

In that thread me and @BlackOpsIndia talked about tracking real time improvements in India's poverty rates, especially in the "extreme poverty" category. Since then I have looked around the internet for the most frequently updated data set. The ones that are readily available are usually providing data from a few months sometimes years back.

It is funded by, among others, the UN and the German government. In my limited "research" it does seem to provide accurate data.

Latest WorldPoverty data shows that India has already achieved the "< 3% extreme poverty" goal. It is a goal of UN Sustainable Development Plan. Supposed to be achieved by 2030 for all countries. It was expected by UN projections that India would achieve this goal by the end of 2019. But data update shows we have already achieved it. I guess some of that can be attributed to GDP growth.

Currently :

India is on track to achieve all 17 of the UN Sustainable Development goals with in the stipulated time frame.

We seem to have done quite well on the Multi-dimensional poverty reduction front as well. This is what the UN had to say in 2018 :

"India findings
The Global MPI 2018 shows that India has made remarkable progress.

India-.jpg

India has reduced its poverty rate drastically from 55% to 28% in ten years. 271 million people moved out of poverty between 2005/6 and 2015/16. While progress has been remarkable, the country still has the largest number of people living in multidimensional poverty in the world (364 million people).

If one considers the 364 million people who are MPI poor in 2015/16, 156 million (34.5%) are children. In fact, of all the poor people in India, just over one in four—27.1 percent—has not yet celebrated their tenth birthday. The good news is that multidimensional poverty among children under 10 has fallen the fastest. In 2005/6 there were 292 million poor children in India, so the latest figures represent a 47 percent decrease or a 136 million fewer children growing up in multidimensional poverty. When considering the durable and lifetime consequences of childhood deprivation, particularly in nutrition and schooling, this is a tremendously good sign for India’s future."

complete data set : https://ophi.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/G-MPI_2018_2nd_INDIA_ch.pdf

We seem to have done quite well on the Multi-dimensional poverty reduction front as well. This is what the UN had to say in 2018 :

"India findings
The Global MPI 2018 shows that India has made remarkable progress.

India-.jpg

India has reduced its poverty rate drastically from 55% to 28% in ten years. 271 million people moved out of poverty between 2005/6 and 2015/16. While progress has been remarkable, the country still has the largest number of people living in multidimensional poverty in the world (364 million people).

If one considers the 364 million people who are MPI poor in 2015/16, 156 million (34.5%) are children. In fact, of all the poor people in India, just over one in four—27.1 percent—has not yet celebrated their tenth birthday. The good news is that multidimensional poverty among children under 10 has fallen the fastest. In 2005/6 there were 292 million poor children in India, so the latest figures represent a 47 percent decrease or a 136 million fewer children growing up in multidimensional poverty. When considering the durable and lifetime consequences of childhood deprivation, particularly in nutrition and schooling, this is a tremendously good sign for India’s future."

complete data set : https://ophi.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/G-MPI_2018_2nd_INDIA_ch.pdf

Extreme Poverty seems less in well irrigate d regions,

Currently :

They will just change the absolute poverty rate from $1.9 to $3.2 for India. Then we will have a lot more back under poverty line.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
They will just change the absolute poverty rate from $1.9 to $3.2 for India. Then we will have a lot more back under poverty line.
Not for UN SDP. SDP came around in 2015 and is supposed to be completed with in 2030. The targets to be achieved are fixed already. But I guess you are right, they can do that.
Do we have a country specific poverty rate or is it globally set ?