Indian Missiles and Munitions Discussion

Consider this platform tested today actually as a Technology Test & Proof thing. This itself might not be in the inventory of forces, technologies tested on it will find way on other important projects.

Reactions: Ashwin
Consider this platform tested today actually as a Technology Test & Proof thing. This itself might not be in the inventory of forces, technologies tested on it will find way on other important projects.
So where exactly does this leave the armed forces w.r.t induction of these missiles?

They will have 3 new systems in 150km, 250-500km and 700-1500 km range very soon. Most of the technologies are actually in place.
maybe its Prahar - 150 - 250 ,Pralay 250 - 500 ,Shaurya 700 - 1000 k.m. supersonic missile

You meant to say, something similar to Isakander will be developed in India?

I had since long consistently maintained that shaurya was in operational service ( mostly in the other forum )

A new launcher with integrated gas booster and mounted on a TEL was deployed since long .

Also attachment of logistics vehicles like reloading crane mounted on a vehicle lends credibility to the same.

Also parts for shaurya was under continuous production across the industry , why ? If not already in production ?

Shaurya AFAIK is deployed in both fixed and mobile modes on land

Today's test was an updated shaurya with newer avionic subsystems developed for pralay

Also pralay is same as shaurya more or less. It is based on it and I personally consider pralay ( TVC , no booster ) as variant of shaurya ( no TVC , with booster ) designed for niche roles with reduced ranges , optimised role specific warheads , better deployment options , reduced costs , lower logistics and better targetting options etc

I made this 2 months ago

View attachment 18018

And another one a year back, that's the new Tel , the arrow marks indicates the support beams for the canvas inorder to cover the cannister launcher during transport .

View attachment 18019
In your understanding, have we deployed the Nirbhay SS CM in the current stand off with China & if yes in what numbers?

In your understanding, have we deployed the Nirbhay SS CM in the current stand off with China & if yes in what numbers?

Frankly speaking I have no information on nirbhay , but if I were to use the " available " information from " correct " sources ( drdo ) I would say all indications ( atleast to me ) are that it is not deployed.

Anyways
Have the developer trials finished ?
Then
Have the user trials finished ?

Without them how can a weapon be cleared for production and subsequent deployment ?

One can deploy a under-development/under-testing tank or artillery if a crisis emerges , but can the same risk be taken with a long range missile ? It is a too complicated and too sensitive a system to be put to risk .

It's my personal opinion. Let's wait and see what the truth actually is .

Last edited:
The last category is already covered by the Agni 1&2.Unless we're replacing them.

Newer versions of warheads are in making, conventional and nuclear. And there are certain restrictions on what A1 and A2 can do. K4, Agni 5 and Prahar systems had access to technologies atleast 10-15 years ahead than what is in A1 and A2.

There's already A1P in making with the learnings from other latest missiles.

A1 isn't widely deployed, with latest developments, we need more of the kind, and it's better to implement contemporary Technologies, if and when we make more of A1 class missiles.
maybe its Prahar - 150 - 250 ,Pralay 250 - 500 ,Shaurya 700 - 1000 k.m. supersonic missile

The flight altitude of Shaurya is depressed, not a true ballistic missile. A1 in its terminal stage is actually faster. A proper ballistic missile will replace the 700-1500 km range.