Indian Political Discussion

All praise to Darab bawa and Khodai. His treatment usually works .

It's funny how with the years piling up, old memories get bundled over by the crush of life.

Memories of me learning how to ride a cycle on a tree lined quiet peaceful avenue with quaint houses. Grandfather running behind, shouting encouragement proudly as he finally left his hands. The cycle rented from a small shop on the way.

This was a Parsi colony beyond the Geeta Bhavan - Tardeo bridge junction. To the left. Then buying bread from Polad on the way home. Buying a bunch of grass to feed the big brown cow.

India surely has changed. It's become a harder place.

Cheers, Doc

Reactions: _Anonymous_
Hinduism is a cut above all others when it comes to intertwining science (cosmic and nature), spirituality and religious ideology. Its core fundamentals must be propagated vigorously because it embraces knowledge and education, very important for progressive India. Not the version promoted by anpadhs and nutjobs from RSS , BD, VHP etc - no different from the mid-century Vatican where the church was all politics and no prayer.
Who grabbed the gotis of secular parties and stopped them from doing this? They left the field open for bjp to set the narrative, now all this over the top worrying about secular india and sanghi chaddi nutjob jibes sound more like a whining of a sore loser.

• Agree
Reactions: Aravind and Bali78
Who grabbed the gotis of secular parties and stopped them from doing this? They left the field open for bjp to set the narrative, now all this over the top worrying about secular india and sanghi chaddi nutjob jibes sound more like a whining of a sore loser.

Im assuming you are a Hindu. It took a 4 years of political party for you and many like you to understand the fundamentals of Hinduism that is 5000 years old ? That is a silly excuse for having extremely weak faith formation.

Im assuming you are a Hindu. It took a 4 years of political party for you and many like you to understand the fundamentals of Hinduism that is 5000 years old ? That is a silly excuse for having extremely weak faith formation.

My friend Ranjeet is a Jat.

They've been Hindu for "only" 2000. :)

Cheers, Doc

[
It was BJP who filed cases against corrupt, and took them to court, but you would call it political vendetta when BJP punishes the corrupt UPA.
Nirav Modis scam came out in open the UPA era LOU's were expired, till then even Punjab National bank didnt knew about the scam forget rest and BJP.

For mallya he is using his lawyers to stay off extradition using house of lords politicians how long can he stay away , when all his assets were seized, Similar to Nirav Modi, whose assets were seized.
It was BJP that sent A,Raja, Kanimozhi and Lalu to jail, and ,made sonia rahul go out on bail for National Herald scam. You would call it Political vendetta if Karti Chidambaram is sent to jail.

I don't. Put Karti, Jagan, Sonia, Raja, mayawathi, mulayam, Bellary Brothers of BJP, sharad pawar in jail. I will more than happily endorse modi.

Tell me what has CBN done with the corrupt Jagan? or his cash for votes scam or the scams of TDP , its progress card is empty.
TDP failed to fulfil poll promises, says Jagan

Cash for Votes is an issue because they were caught alive, it would have been completely fine if they weren't caught in sting operation. My local mla and MP both shifted their loyalty to TRS. Someone should have recorder their deals with TRS KCR would have been caught too. If congress recorded the deals BJP made with congress mlas before guj RS election then amit shah would be caught too.

I never said CBN/TDP Ministers are non-corrupt, but he is far better than any other CM in India. He brings Development to the people of his state and his loyalists get benefited. Same thing what modi did in Gujarat. One must be foolish to compare the corruption of Jagan with CBN. PK has no moral right to question CBN when his brother-in-law Allu arvind sold tickets of praja rajyam while he stayed mum. I still challenge you to show me a CM as capable as CBN. Let's discuss on their merits. If you wanna say Jagan would be best bet for AP or some one from BJP who couldn't win even a ward member without alliance, then don't quote me.

Quoting Jagan against babu is simlar to taking rahul's comments against modi seriously. Both of them would make sure to burn the state/country just in order to stay in power. I am surprised why you take Jagan's comments over CBN seriously than Rahul's comments over Modi.

CBN losing in AP wouldn't affect me one bit. But, I seriously wish him to be in power for next 10 yrs to see how he develops Amaravati.

Now, if CBN loses AP, whom do you support Jagan ? PK ? or some idiot that BJP picks as CM ?

Ask CBN to campaign against BJP in Karnataka.... This will give Andhra and CBN more leverage on BJP. CBN can also damage BJP in Northern Tamil nadu.
Ask CBN ? bro I am a normal citizen with no political connections :p. I see little chances BJP winning karnataka. Lingayats were biggest supporters of BJP and congress would definitely make a dent. They are the reason why yedyurappa got near 9% vote share in last elections and badly affected BJP in more than 30 seats.

Hundreds of years of rule by Islam and Christianity and still came out Majority Hindu at the time of Independence speaks volume about faith formation of Hindus. So spare the patronizing tone and answer who stopped the WOKE hindus to propogate the core fundamentals and what not of Hinduism?

People would know our situation, BJP leaders are weak,

Good old days. I used to prticipate in the yatra back in 2014 and 15 when i was in my B.Tech. All through the route locals would serve us water/rasna/sweets. Best thing is when one enters Gujrati neighborhoods in old city, those people used to offer us hot Jalebis, laddus and murkur. They used to force feed us by putting sweets in to our mouths directly, while the vehicles moved slowly playing "Mandir Wahi Banayenge" song. Once we enter muslim neighborhoods police used to stop the DJ. Muslims have to be commended too, they used to remove islamic flags on electric poles a week before yatra, so that we can tie saffron flags. They used to cover their masjids completely with a tent ( I mean completely on all 4 sides) so that the kumkum during the yatra wouldn't fall on masjids. During 2015 while we were passing through muslim neighborhoods everyone chanted "Raja Singh ki vote ey bey! Owaisi laude bey!!!" ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Aravind
Apart from the Delhi sultanate, every other rule was secular. The others came here to loot, not bother about what people worshiped.
If I recall right , history is your weak point . I wouldn't go there , if I were you .Stick to generally vague terms about our platitudinous history , culture and other glorious clichés . Don't get into specifics .

Not by a sword though.

@vsdoc
Why Shivaji Maharaj was fighting secular Aurangzeb?

Not at all by the sword.

If anything, you held the sword, and northie bammans like vstol scrambled over their dhotis to quickly internalize you and make you their sword arm.

Shivaji Maharaj did not fight Aurangzeb because he was Muslim. We had thousands of Muslim Marathas in our ranks.

It's always been about bigotry and preservation of our culture for us. Marathas and Parsis.

Truth be told, internally, I do not know where one begins and the other takes over.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranjeet
Hinduism is a cut above all others when it comes to intertwining science (cosmic and nature), spirituality and religious ideology. Its core fundamentals must be propagated vigorously because it embraces knowledge and education, very important for progressive India. Not the version promoted by anpadhs and nutjobs from RSS , BD, VHP etc - no different from the mid-century Vatican where the church was all politics and no prayer.

Watch how Harvard professor proves that "Theory of Everything" aka String Theory is in fact from the Vedas

Dr.John Hagelin: Veda and Physics: The Science and Technology of the Unified Field

Reactions: Aravind and Bali78
I thought since Hindutva is a hotly contested topic and since not many have read it , both outside this forum and inside of it , relying on versions in MSM by people , who I very much doubt have read it in the first place and basing their opinions on those utterly misinformed , blatantly biased and false representations of this ideology , I took the opportunity to upload a file containing Savarkar's monograph on Hinduism entitled Hindutva. It's 55 pages long . Not a long read by any stretch of imagination. Read it and judge it by all means .

Attachments

Last edited:
I thought since Hindutva is a hotly contested topic and since not many have read it , both outside this forum and inside of it , relying on versions in MSM by people , who I very much doubt have read it in the first place and basing their opinions on it , I took the opportunity to upload a file containing Savarkar's monograph on Hinduism entitled Hindutva. It's 55 pages long . Not a long read by any stretch of imagination. Read it and judge by all means .

Thank you.

Did you read Advanis take on Hindutva on the BJP official website before 2014.

Do you think the reality of Hindutva bears even a passing resemblance to that benign Utopic jumla?

Cheers, Doc

Thank you.

Did you read Advanis take on Hindutva on the BJP official website before 2014.

Do you think the reality of Hindutva bears even a passing resemblance to that benign Utopic jumla?

Cheers, Doc
No , I haven't .But Advani isn't the author of Hindutva . That's not within the scope of this discussion. Hindutva as it is universally known is a thought ideated and articulated by Savarkar. Thus any appraisal of versions of Hindutva circulating around ought to be with reference & respect to the source material .

Apart from the Delhi sultanate, every other rule was secular. The others came here to loot, not bother about what people worshiped.

Why did they destroy Hindu Temples ? Come to south India, I will show you temples that are completely destroyed or where the heads and hands of statues on the temple are chopped off.

• Agree
No , I haven't .But Advani isn't the author of Hindutva . That's not within the scope of this discussion. Hindutva as it is universally known is a thought ideated and articulated by Savarkar. Thus any appraisal of versions of Hindutva circulating around ought to be with reference & respect to the source material .

Savarkar is dead and gone a long time ago.

Advani will go too, like we all will.

But he is still around, as is his piece on the party's official website.

Truth be told, Savarkar, Golvilkar etc. I am surrounded by those types in ground zero where I live.

My Indic cultural roots are very different ....

That's not to say I do not have an academic interest. As I did in reading Mein Kaampf ...

Cheers, Doc