Indian Political Discussion

Reactions: Bali78 and RATHORE
LOL, are you still wearing your white sleeeveless pyjama kurtas along with your ridiculous jewish topi. fartin around all day.

Did you know a by-now very famous story that has been doing the rounds in our community for some time now and one which we as a non proselytizing micro minority are justifiably very proud about.

By now everyone knows how our PM loves wearing topis of different people wherever he goes (he loves pehnaoing topis more .... but that's not what this post is about). And also his by now equally famous refusal to wear the Muslim topi when offered to him.

This story is of a few years ago, when he had just become PM and was honored by our community in Udvada. Our holy ground zero.

Modi ji was extremely pro publicizing the community and pushing for a cultural festival to commemorate it in Udvada and so was born the Udvada Utsav. Under the aegis of the Iranshah Atash Behram. Our apex fire temple. He has always (from his earliest CM days) called our community the diamonds of Gujarat (tranlating it loosely here).

So the story goes that Modi ji was on the dais with the head priest and other dignitaries and the function was going on.

In his enthusiasm and usual style he was most eager to wear the pagdi of our head Dastur ji. Dastur ji very politely told him the significance and how just anybody could not put it on.

To his credit, Modi ji took that in his stride. And accepted the shawl that was presented to him.

There is no doubt a lot that is worth admiring in the man.

Cheers, Doc

birth-1.jpg

birth-3.jpg

birth-4.jpg

birth-2.jpg

Parsi-heads-meet-PM-_-V2-_-684.jpg

Last edited:
Warning. Agian, mind your Language.
Did you know a by-now very famous story that has been doing the rounds in our community for some time now and one which we as a non proselytizing micro minority are justifiably very proud about.

By now everyone knows how our PM loves wearing topis of different people wherever he goes (he loves pehnaoing topis more .... but that's not what this post is about). And also his by now equally famous refusal to wear the Muslim topi when offered to him.

This story is of a few years ago, when he had just become PM and was honored by our community in Udvada. Our holy ground zero.

Modi ji was extremely pro publicizing the community and pushing for a cultural festival to commemorate it in Udvada and so was born the Udvada Utsav. Under the aegis of the Iranshah Atash Behram. Our apex fire temple. He has always (from his earliest CM days) called our community the diamonds of Gujarat (tranlating it loosely here).

So the story goes that Modi ji was on the dais with the head priest and other dignitaries and the function was going on.

In his enthusiasm and usual style he was most eager to wear the pagdi of our head Dastur ji. Dastur ji very politely told him the significance and how just anybody could not put it on.

To his credit, Modi ji took that in his stride. And accepted the shawl that was presented to him.

Cheers, Doc

What is this ? You are a Modi Believer now? Minutes ago you were a Circumcised Maulana who hated Modi , Hindus and Hindutva. :D

Cheers, Doc

We're all teary eyed . Jokes apart. I remember a debate around 2013 among office colleagues where a Sikh ( who else ) was passionately espousing the cause of MMS (when UPA-2 was besieged with scandals , policy paralysis and had totally lost credibility ) claiming that MMS was a person of high moral integrity , impeccably honest , etc , summing up his advocacy with the words - MMS accha Insaan hain to which another colleague ( from UP) butted in - Main roz savere tehelne nikalta hoon . Ek sajjan milte hain. Naam , pataa kuch maaloom nahin. Roz savere muskuraakar Good Morning kehta hain aur chidiyon ko channe aur kutton ko biskut khilaata hain . Woh bhi sajjan hain , bhale Insaan hain . Aise Insaan ko jamai banana chahiye. Desh chalaane ke liye kaabil Insaan chahiye . Accha Insaan nahin.

We're all teary eyed . Jokes apart. I remember a debate around 2013 among office colleagues where a Sikh ( who else ) was passionately espousing the cause of MMS (when UPA-2 was besieged with scandals , policy paralysis and had totally lost credibility ) claiming that MMS was a person of high moral integrity , impeccably honest , etc , summing up his advocacy with the words - MMS accha Insaan hain to which another colleague ( from UP) butted in - Main roz savere tehelne nikalta hoon . Ek sajjan milte hain. Naam , pataa kuch maaloom nahin. Roz savere muskuraakar Good Morning kehta hain aur chidiyon ko channe aur kutton ko biskut khilaata hain . Woh bhi sajjan hain , bhale Insaan hain . Aise Insaan ko jamai banana chahiye. Desh chalaane ke liye kaabil Insaan chahiye . Accha Insaan nahin.

Are you saying that the man with innumerable degrees and a world renowned economist and the man who kick started India's economic revolution is not a kabil insaan?

Note that I am not even referring to the pacheeda saga of the mysteriously non existent graduation degree and attendance records in DU of our current PM.

Cheers, Doc

I'm guessing your UP colleague was a Hindu.

This is a mysterious phenomenon I too have seen in my friend circle, and since we are in this anecdotal mood, let me reciprocate.

I have many sardar friends. I have many Hindu friends.

I have NEVER heard a sardar abusing MMS for being in the Congress and helming the Congress as our PM for two terms.

But I have heard some pretty vile things said against him by HINDUS for the same, calling him essentially a ball-less spineless traitor to the blood of the community. For what the Congress did to the Sikhs.

Funny how memories of not very long ago get mutated over time. As do identities.

Cheers, Doc

• Agree
Reactions: _Anonymous_
@RATHORE bete do join in. Instead of cheerleading from the sidelines.

Hard words are said and forgotten by bawas. In an instant.

I won't bite. I'm feeling a bit bad at seeing you keeping your distance since our spat.

Cheers, Doc

Are you saying that the man with innumerable degrees and a world renowned economist and the man who kick started India's economic revolution is not a kabil insaan?

Note that I am not even referring to the pacheeda saga of the mysteriously non existent graduation degree and attendance records in DU of our current PM.

Cheers, Doc
Degrees don't make a leader or leadership. Sheer grit, determination is what makes one a leader, a poverty stricken son of a tea seller to PM of India is what is Leadership is all about, not the born with a silver spoon in mouth ,while having no clue of what kind of loot and corruption was taking place in the country. That is not Leadership, its called being a robot with remote in someones hand.

Cheers, Doc
He initiated those reforms and in UPA - 2 nearly buried us with his inaction , Sphinx like silence on corruption , policy paralysis & to rub salt on our wounds growth less jobs and galloping inflation . I suppose you'd say it's par for the course. Usne diya , usee ne liya.

I also suspect that's why Anna Hazare hasn't managed more eyeballs at his latest protest . At the end of the day , politics is mostly about perception & it's management . MMS & the UPA lost their credibility and have still not recovered it . Modi retains credibility .

P.S - Ramachandra Guha once wrote a prescription for an ideal ruler arguing in favour of a philosophical King viz MMS ( around 2010 , if I recall right . He actually named and praised him) praising his qualifications , his experience , his dedication , etc arguing he'd go down as one of our best rated PM's ever .

He actually wanted him to pen his autobiography arguing how most Indian rulers abjured it as compared to Western politicians of some eminence and how his ( MMS) work would be looked forward to going so far as to describe it as mandatory reading as & when it came out especially for the political classes. Since then he's not uttered a word . I'm trying to locate that article. If I'm not mistaken he penned it for either OPEN or Outlook .

Degrees don't make a leader or leadership. Sheer grit, determination is what makes one a leader, a poverty stricken son of a tea seller to PM of India is what is Leadership is all about, not the born with a silver spoon in mouth ,while having no clue of what kind of loot and corruption was taking place in the country. That is not Leadership, its called being a robot with remote in someones hand.

That is such a cliche man.

MMS is now some sort of maharaja family as per the sangh playbook.

Give me a friggin break man ....

A chai walla becoming a PM is a glowing tribute less to the man and more to our nation and its people. Do not take the credit for that and heap it on your deity please.

Cheers, Doc

Meaning thereby that were I to have a prepuce, you'dve been interested?

You should stop now.

I'm not one of you new age millennial gay-loving puppies.

Cheers, Doc
Im talking about the lack of whole ,not skin folds.

lol were you not cheerleading liberal sometime ago? :eek:

A chai walla becoming a PM is a glowing tribute less to the man and more to our nation and its people. Do not take the credit for that and heap it on your deity please.
Its called dedication and hard work. Nobody gives anyone anything free, be it people or nation, opportunities have to be seized, that is when people notice.

Reactions: Bali78 and RATHORE
@RATHORE bete do join in. Instead of cheerleading from the sidelines.

Hard words are said and forgotten by bawas. In an instant.

I won't bite. I'm feeling a bit bad at seeing you keeping your distance since our spat.

Cheers, Doc

I speak when I find it necessary, not on command. There's really nothing I'd feel the need to say which @_Anonymous_ and @Aravind haven't covered already, and it's already a pretty lopsided contest; me jumping in would only make it even more unfair.

Reactions: Angel Eyes
I speak when I find it necessary, not on command. There's really nothing I'd feel the need to say which @_Anonymous_ and @Aravind haven't covered already, and it's already a pretty lopsided contest; me jumping in would only make it even more unfair.

It was not a command. The more the merrier.

Gujjus are not surly people. Do you watch Tarek Mehta ka Oolta Chashma?

Cheers, Doc