Indian Political Discussion

there is no tsunami anywhere. There's nothing at stake. As of today, 4th May 2018, it is easier for a donkey to pass through a needle's eye than for BJP to come to power in Karnataka. Will the BJP pull off something that will change the situation in 8 days? Highly unlikely. In reality they don't even seem to be very serious about their campaigning. They've flooded radio channels with ads, but in local area campaigning only Congress is pushing. A little bit of AAP but they won't make any breakthroughs I guess. Congress has comfortably wrapped this up. And why not? Siddu's no genius but he's done a decent job. Kept the peace, did good work on roads, no major scandals, kept businesses running. He's no inspiration like CBN but probably deserves getting re-e;ected, definitely leagues ahead of Yeddy.

You misunderstood my point.

If the BJP loses, then no harm done, life continues as is, since it's just status quo for Karnataka.

If the BJP wins, then tsunami.

Keeping Karnataka is not a victory for the Congress.

Anyway, elections in Karnataka are decided in the last few days.

If the BJP loses, then no harm done, life continues as is, since it's just status quo for Karnataka.

BJP isn't winning. Karnataks is out of their hands. Even my landlord who prodded me to vote BJP in general elections is voting for Congress. There wasn't even any need for discussions this time. 'If BJP loses life continues'? It is considered a barometer of support for MOdi before 2019. Between this and the Dalit backlash in core states of UP and Gujarat, Bihar not voting for him (no matter how he twisted his entry there), 2019 is getting sealed.

A good measure of sentiment is how @_Anonymous_ and @Aravind are skipping the question of whether BJP will win and talking universal nonsense. Even hardened bhakt are finding it difficult to really believe that they will win.

I'm amused. I've never had a problem with you calling me muslim/Christian/mulla/pastor etc. But even at this late date when it is clear that BJP is headed for a cataclysm a small group of people like you still insisting that 'anyone not supporting/criticizing BJP is not a hindu but a Christian or muslim' is deeply amusing. a billion hindus are planning to boot them out and you're still sying only muslims or Christians are against them.

You are asking the wrong question. The question is not whether BJP will win the election. The question is whether it will be with the JDS or alone. JDS is on an upswing. While I do not expect a complete win for the BJP, a rout for the Congress in Karnataka is a foregone conclusion. They over played their hand with the Lingayat card. Fence sitters are now going to vote for the JDS. These guys would have voted for the Congress.

Here is the thing. The BJP vote bank is not going to get dented this time. Combination of Bellary money and idiotic Lingayat game plan of the Congress. What is going to get affected, is the Congress vote bank. They will retain Northern Karnataka, which is where the Muslim vote bank rests. But, the rest of the state the Lingayat move has backfired even amongst their Hindu vote bank. The lower caste this time will vote for the JDS. The upper caste for the BJP.

BJP isn't winning. Karnataks is out of their hands. Even my landlord who prodded me to vote BJP in general elections is voting for Congress. There wasn't even any need for discussions this time. 'If BJP loses life continues'? It is considered a barometer of support for MOdi before 2019. Between this and the Dalit backlash in core states of UP and Gujarat, Bihar not voting for him (no matter how he twisted his entry there), 2019 is getting sealed.

A good measure of sentiment is how @_Anonymous_ and @Aravind are skipping the question of whether BJP will win and talking universal nonsense. Even hardened *censored* are finding it difficult to really believe that they will win.
LOL I didn't skip questions, if you look two pages before i already posted as how BJP is winning.
I am surprised you haven't started your rant till now.:)

A good measure of sentiment is how @_Anonymous_ and @Aravind are skipping the question of whether BJP will win and talking universal nonsense. Even hardened *censored* are finding it difficult to really believe that they will win.
@randomradio ,

Perhaps you should answer "born again , charismatic here."

LOL I didn't skip questions, if you look two pages before i already posted as how BJP is winning.
I am surprised you haven't started your rant till now.:)
Now , I wish the BJP does win . Inspite of the evangelists , in spite of converted Toddy tappers to a different religion from an alien state , in spite of Tipu followers among the Coorgi Hindus and the Christians from Mangalore , etc etc .

Amen to the thought , my child , amen to the thought . May the Lord , God , absolve you of constipation and related processes. Of body & mind. Say hail Mary 7 times a day , thrice . after your pills and ablutions. And finally say HARI OM at the end of it all .To avoid repitition , you see.Pun unintended .

Last edited:
You are asking the wrong question. The question is not whether BJP will win the election. The question is whether it will be with the JDS or alone. JDS is on an upswing. While I do not expect a complete win for the BJP, a rout for the Congress in Karnataka is a foregone conclusion. They over played their hand with the Lingayat card. Fence sitters are now going to vote for the JDS. These guys would have voted for the Congress.

Here is the thing. The BJP vote bank is not going to get dented this time. Combination of Bellary money and idiotic Lingayat game plan of the Congress. What is going to get affected, is the Congress vote bank. They will retain Northern Karnataka, which is where the Muslim vote bank rests. But, the rest of the state the Lingayat move has backfired even amongst their Hindu vote bank. The lower caste this time will vote for the JDS. The upper caste for the BJP.
:ROFLMAO::LOL: Which is why deve gowda openly insulted modi yesterday as return gift for modis praise? Wow he sure has funny ideas about creating alliances. Fact - the lingayat issue has had farts worth of effect on ground. Congress and bjp both thought itll be major factor but not proved itself enough to sway votes either way significantly.

Now , I wish the BJP does win . Inspite of the evangelists , in spite of converted Toddy tappers to a different religion from an alien state , in spite of Tipu followers among the Coorgi Hindus and the Christians from Mangalore , etc etc .

Amen to the thought , my child , amen to the thought . May the Lord , God , absolve you of constipation and related processes. Of body & mind. Say hail Mary 7 times a day , thrice . after your pills and ablutions. And finally say HARI OM at the end of it all .To avoid repitition , you see.Pun unintended .
It wont

Well looks like the symptoms are finally appearing
Is this a forewarning, that you will succumb to your Natural state. I see people who say, Doc, i think i am getting it back again.
Let me note it down, earlier it was 5 posts, did you make it beyond it.
If you did will light a candle, Tom kuttan

I'm no fan of BSY or his politics . He's another Kalyan Singh who after spending his life building up the party in his state had lillle to show for it in personal fortunes and like the best of ppl succumbed to the temptation . Just my two cents . That doesn't abolve him . He wouldn't get my vote , if I were a denizen of Karnataka but neither would Neederamiah or the accidental Ex PM & his equally worthless son .

Needaramiah continues the glorious Congress policy of unabashed populism & initiating public policy for public good only if there's something in it for him &/or did his party. Most of which is cleverly aimed at the AHINDA. And for forward castes like the Lingayats , what better way to set the cat among the pigeons than support a fringe groups demand for a separate religion all the more coz that fool BSY in a desperate attempt to gain legitimacy with his caste supported such a move when he parted ways with the BJP a few years ago .

Such is the state of the leaders & leadership in Karnataka . For all his "spectacular achievements " , he had to play such trump cards as the described above & declare Tipu Jayanti a state holiday & also raise the issue of Kannada pride and further declare support for beef politics a la Karnad style or URA style .
In last 20 yrs, the only chief minister who had done something reasonable is S M Krishna. Apart from him, every other chief minister will compete for the lowest possible slots. But if I have to choose between two idiots, then I would go for the lesser one and that will be Yeduyerrappa. He is no where as corrupt as portrayed by the media. He in fact tried to check reddy brothers, but failed due to their money power.

image.jpeg

I see a hung assembly with a greater share of seats for BJP.

:ROFLMAO::LOL: Which is why deve gowda openly insulted modi yesterday as return gift for modis praise? Wow he sure has funny ideas about creating alliances. Fact - the lingayat issue has had farts worth of effect on ground. Congress and bjp both thought itll be major factor but not proved itself enough to sway votes either way significantly.

All 3 parties have claimed they will win, that they will all get convincing majorities.

Why are you actually believing their words?

Reactions: suryakiran
I see a hung assembly with a greater share of seats for BJP.

That's all BJP needs. In fact, even if it ends up being a close contest like 90 to 95 (in Congress's favor), it would still be BJP that makes the Government.

This is because while JDS may theoretically be happy to do business and drive a hard bargain with a Congress minus Siddaramaiah; Siddaramaiah definitely has his own clout/support, and could respond to a betrayal from Congress by walking off and splitting the party. Not to mention all those people who will vote for Congress because of Siddaramaiah, and not because of Congress or the Gandhi family.

So basically, as long as BJP even keeps it remotely close; they're gonna form the Government in Karnataka (I just don't know whether Yeddyurappa will end up becoming and staying as CM - and if he doesn't for any reason, how Lingayats will react to BJP in the future).

In last 20 yrs, the only chief minister who had done something reasonable is S M Krishna. Apart from him, every other chief minister will compete for the lowest possible slots. But if I have to choose between two idiots, then I would go for the lesser one and that will be Yeduyerrappa. He is no where as corrupt as portrayed by the media. He in fact tried to check reddy brothers, but failed due to their money power.
S.M.Krishna joined BJP last year, he was the competitor for Silicon valley of India,while AP was going full offensive.
Yeduyerrappa was mud slinged by UPA to bring down BJP foothold in the south.
Reddy Brothers are quite strong, in their bastion. They don't tolerate this Communist,libtard Bullshit.
So, why make enemies of people who are like you,while the whole opposition declared Kurukshetra against You.

• Agree
Reactions: RATHORE and Bali78
That's all BJP needs. In fact, even if it ends up being a close contest like 90 to 95 (in Congress's favor), it would still be BJP that makes the Government.

This is because while JDS may theoretically be happy to do business and drive a hard bargain with a Congress minus Siddaramaiah; Siddaramaiah definitely has his own clout/support, and could respond to a betrayal from Congress by walking off and splitting the party. Not to mention all those people who will vote for Congress because of Siddaramaiah, and not because of Congress or the Gandhi family.

So basically, as long as BJP even keeps it remotely close; they're gonna form the Government in Karnataka (I just don't know whether Yeddyurappa will end up becoming and staying as CM - and if he doesn't for any reason, how Lingayats will react to BJP in the future).
He will be CM don't listen to those propaganda pieces on news , produced by Congi plants. He Yedurappa is a good guy, who built BJP and Hindutva from the start in South India and Karnataka.
BJP is going to get a full majority.
All the news is creative speculation by people like Shekhar Gupta, Ravish NDTV, Burkha dutt,Sagarika Ghosh(she likes meat)
They always said BJP was losing and look how it turned out:LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: RATHORE