Indian Political Discussion

I think the article made an attempt to explain it .You can either agree with it or disagree with it.

Leave aside Islamic fanatics or pseudo secular ones, I do not think people would have chosen another right extreme way of hindutva-wadism apart from being retaliatory to other fanaticism. Half of forum members sound tough and overtly hindu just to piss off selective few.

I read that a lot of Karnataka's voters only made up their minds in the last couple days in the previous election; if that is the case, I really think Modi should be able to get BJP anywhere in the 90-100 range. With that and an alliance/heavy poaching, I can see BJP forming the Government.
You can call me superstitious, but I actually don't want BJP to form govt at Karnataka ;). Over the last few decades, the party ruling at Center was not in power in Karnataka. I would rather see BJP coming back to power in 2019 than winning Karnataka. But who knows, Modi had broken trends so many times and it's quite possible for him to do it again ;).

You can call me superstitious, but I actually don't want BJP to form govt at Karnataka ;). Over the last few decades, the party ruling at Center was not in power in Karnataka. I would rather see BJP coming back to power in 2019 than winning Karnataka. But who knows, Modi had broken trends so many times and it's quite possible for him to do it again ;).

Don't worry, this time BJP's gonna win in both elections. After all, if even Sultan Niddaramaiah can break records, Modi and Shah are in a class of their own altogether. The only election that concerns me is Rajasthan, not even Madhya Pradesh or Chhattisgarh.

Leave aside Islamic fanatics or pseudo secular ones, I do not think people would have chosen another right extreme way of hindutva-wadism apart from being retaliatory to other fanaticism. Half of forum members sound tough and overtly hindu just to piss off selective few.
I don't know if half of the members here do it for effect . Personally speaking , I've an issue with the Anti intellectual traditions of the Sangh & it's offshoots . It's appeal to emotionalism and myth making bordering on the ludicrous , are problematic . But , it's the only organisation today with some credibility upholding the rights of Sanatan Dharma especially when everyone else seems keen to assault it from outside and within .

This issue between the Sangh and the minorities is a bit of a side show . It's primarily a war between a deracinated lot sporting Hindu names and carry the opposite temperament , who've no idea about their roots and whatever little they've is something that makes them roil or cringe prompting them to mount full scale assaults on it if not be downright scandalised & apologetic about it against of course the Sangh with their list of negatives - some of which I've outlined .

Last edited:
Reactions: Aravind
That's a wrong assumption. Most Hindus believe in "Live and let live" principle and typically don't go out of the way to piss other communities off. They would rather accommodate as much as possible and that led to the current day situation where Hindus are being taken for granted in almost every aspect of life. The phenomenon what you are observing is a simple example of Newton's third law and it's inevitable.

You are mistaken. Those people are just morons.

That's a wrong assumption. Most Hindus believe in "Live and let live" principle and typically don't go out of the way to piss other communities off. They would rather accommodate as much as possible and that led to the current day situation where Hindus are being taken for granted in almost every aspect of life. The phenomenon what you are observing is a simple example of Newton's third law and it's inevitable.

Most hindus are not hindutva-wadi either. The recent show-off is retaliatory.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
Your assumption will change in a decade. Till now it was Nehruvian Marxist Sickularism, which kept people from being proud of their roots, which as a strategy for past 60 years worked very well. It is not working anymore, hence, all the Secular parties are forming a group,some even play Soft Hindutva card to garner votes,if parties are becoming Pro-Hindutva, they must have realized their old tricks and appeasement of minority vote bloc is not working and leading to diminishing returns from Majority vote bloc. it a permanent change, not retaliatory as time progresses, you will see more of it in India and around the world due to particular reasons.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Bali78
That depends on how you interpret the word "Hindutwa-Vadi". I consider myself as a "Hindutwa-vadi" and I strongly believe in the principles I posted earlier. But if any freaking mulla messes with me, I am not going to take that shit!!
Every human being has right to retaliate when subjected to any kind of injustice. Calling it "show off" is absolutely disappointing!!