Indian Political Discussion

The only interesting thing remaining is to see if 17th Lok Sabha have a leader of opposition or not ;)

Congress is struggling again to get that post, maybe they have to beg mercy of Modi for it as public didn't put trust in them for even Leader of Opposition.
The Congress in 2014 was 44.They'd definitely better that number.

Coming of age, Prince who was promised, Young Leader, Rahul Gandi is losing Amethi What more do you want?

When he was first launched in 2002 in UP for assembly election he was launched with slogan -

Rahul nahi ye aandhi hai,
ye dusra Rajiv Gandhi hai

In this election the Nyay advertisement called him Tufaan, he recently declared him as earthquake sometime back. Congress party leaders are confused what exactly he is.

crop.jpg

You know you sound like those illiterates on PDF. They equate capturing Wing Co Abhinandan as avenging their surrender & taking of 90k PoW in '71.

I can see why the Congress is in the state it is in.

Btw, if Karnataka is low on literacy, it must be low in economics too and other socio economic factors. All the more reason you ought to go back to Kerala. It'd strengthen your anti immigrant credentials too. The only drawback is no NIMHANS in Kerala.

I can see why UP/Bihar is in the state is in.....it votes BJP. BJP has been in power in Karnataka barely 10 years. That's why Karnata is developed- because of all the good work done by congress.

All you guys take a bow to our ancient science of Astrology. I had predicted 295 seats for BJP alone in Feb itself totally based on Astrological calculations. Best of Astrologers were predicting much lesser seats for BJP, I only predicted 295 seats.

Even you know that if Pulwama hadn;t happened Modi's tally would have been lower. If in Feb you made your predictions after Pulwama then you were only stating the obvious.

I can see why UP/Bihar is in the state is in.....it votes BJP. BJP has been in power in Karnataka barely 10 years. That's why Karnata is developed- because of all the good work done by congress.
Downs syndrome afflicted, Karnataka was ruled alternatively by Congress & the Janata Party's various avataars. And if in your opinion, Kerala is more developed than Karnataka, why not shift to God's own country. You've the added bonus of no BJP. Only Commies & Congress. Plus your favorite pastor administering you his holy sacraments in your favourite spot.

I don't know about World Cup, but Karnataka and MP state gvts are going down anytime now. In Rajasthan also, Congress never got its own majority, so enough Independents, SP/BSP type MLA's and Congress MLA's can be poached to at least trigger fresh polls.

Amarinder already runs his own show in Punjab (though I think BJP should try to lure him); so that leaves Chhattisgarh and Kerala where Congress is remotely significant.

Pair this with vigorous pursuit of corruption cases, and Congress might really be gone (in its current form) by 2024.

There are more numbers in Kerala for BJP than the polled numbers. The problem is that the BJP supporters believe BJP won't win in Kerala, so they don't wnt their vote to go waste and vote for the most preferrable party of the ones they believe can win.

I voted BJP this time anyway ti show numbers. BJP should tell this to its supporters to vote BJP justto show numbers which will inspire confidance in more people.

In TN, They should give chance for strong administrator s or strong public figures instead of subservient candidates.

Candidates should speak for people instead of party.

My god! Unbelievable!

SP losing Badaun, SP losing Firozabad, SP may even lose Kannauj, Even Mulayam Singh is leading by mere 16 thousand votes.

These are strongest seats of SP, family seats if they lose even a single one of these it will be ultimate humiliation. They already feel awkward after losing Etawah regularly, Badaun is strongest and Dharmendra Yadav is very very strong candidate and if he loses it will be a loss of Badaun.

I knew BJP was planning revenge for loss of Gorakhpur and Phoolpur as they were seats of CM and Deputy CM and Kannauj was on target to humiliate Akhilesh like he did with Yogi but this is beyond humiliation.

My god! Unbelievable!

SP losing Badaun, SP losing Firozabad, SP may even lose Kannauj, Even Mulayam Singh is leading by mere 16 thousand votes.

These are strongest seats of SP, family seats if they lose even a single one of these it will be ultimate humiliation. They already feel awkward after losing Etawah regularly, Badaun is strongest and Dharmendra Yadav is very very strong candidate and if he loses it will be a loss of Badaun.

I knew BJP was planning revenge for loss of Gorakhpur and Phoolpur as they were seats of CM and Deputy CM and Kannauj was on target to humiliate Akhilesh like he did with Yogi but this is beyond humiliation.
Pehli baar itihaas mein aisa hua hain - Bua ne bhatije ki ma chxxi hain. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Now it's time to target Punjab and the rest of South India. There's definite scope for growth in Kerala and Telangana. Tamil Nadu and Andhra (due to Special Status smearing by Naidu) will demand more thinking/work.

Both Kerala and Karnata are south Indian states that develoed because of long congress rule. We are one block against the invasion of illiterate politicians from the north.
Kerala developed? in which parallel universe? all you guys know is how to lift your lungs and go on strike. And now, increasingly, how to offer namaaz.

@vstol Jockey the biggest takeaway from this election is the clear segmentation of National and State interests. People are ready to vote one for state and another for national if they think they are better. Karnataka is pretty ok with JDS at state (no major issues) but doesn't believe that in the backdrop of Pulwama it is assertive enough for centre. Same with Kerala. LDF might be ok for local government but are not good enough to represent at centre.

Chup kar chutiye, ab toh kuch sharam karle.

These elections are only for Indians.