Indian Political Discussion

I can see why UP/Bihar is in the state is in.....it votes BJP. BJP has been in power in Karnataka barely 10 years. That's why Karnata is developed- because of all the good work done by congress.

It's all because of one man called SM Krishna, who the Congress later insulted and drove away only for him to join the BJP.

Reactions: SammyBoi
More like when SM Krishna left, the state went to the dogs.

yes- there was one sleep CM for a few months who did not do much good or harm because he was too lazy to do anything. But Yeddy's entry was the clincher- he was not lazy at all, he put his finger in every honey pot and started stealing everything he could put his hands on. The state has recovered well after his departure and is nowhere close to 'going to dogs'. So long as BJP doesn't come back to power it will remain this way.

IMG-20190523-WA0007.jpg

@vstol Jockey the biggest takeaway from this election is the clear segmentation of National and State interests. People are ready to vote one for state and another for national if they think they are better. Karnataka is pretty ok with JDS at state (no major issues) but doesn't believe that in the backdrop of Pulwama it is assertive enough for centre. Same with Kerala. LDF might be ok for local government but are not good enough to represent at centre.
I agree. Take the case of Orissa, Karnataka and AP. The case in Kerala is different. The commies are losing due to combined desertion of Christian and Hindu votes. LDF has been voted out from state and also center by Keralites.

I agree. Take the case of Orissa, Karnataka and AP. The case in Kerala is different. The commies are losing due to combined desertion of Christian and Hindu votes. LDF has been voted out from state and also center by Keralites.

LDF has been voted out because they are not at all relevant to the national narrative. In the age of Pulwama and Doklam These jokers still talk of India becoming like China when China is considered the enemy and no one looks up to that country. With this election the likes of Sitaram Yechury who talk of (re) nationalizing the insurance industry can take their bags and go. At the state level LDF might yoyo with UDF because of state policies (tourism, prevention of poullution etc.) but at a national level their time is up and about time. national narrative is now for people who can present an aggressive vision for India not theoretical class warfare principles.

LDF has been voted out because they are not at all relevant to the national narrative. In the age of Pulwama and Doklam These jokers still talk of India becoming like China when China is considered the enemy and no one looks up to that country. With this election the likes of Sitaram Yechury who talk of (re) nationalizing the insurance industry can take their bags and go. At the state level LDF might yoyo with UDF because of state policies (tourism, prevention of poullution etc.) but at a national level their time is up and about time. national narrative is now for people who can present an aggressive vision for India not theoretical class warfare principles.
I think it's also traditional anti incumbency playing a part. Plus you can factor in extra enthusiastic suppression of the Sabrimalai agitation.

• Agree
Reactions: vstol Jockey
I think it's also traditional anti incumbency playing a part. Plus you can factor in extra enthusiastic suppression of the Sabrimalai agitation.
Sabarimala agitation was created by BJP hoping to gain politically through polarization. They gained by losing the only seat they had. Mallus have decided to keep the BJP out of the state.

All that has happened is that modi has won an election, that's all. There is no guarantee that he will not do the same chutiyapa he did last time. There is nothing spectacular about this- after Pulwama everyone knew this will happen.

Pehli baar itihaas mein aisa hua hain - Bua ne bhatije ki ma chxxi hain. :LOL::LOL::LOL:
I suspect Chacha Shivpal at work, he has strong influence on family seats. Even when his party didn't contest on some seats he still had local heavyweights of SP who can sabotage.

Razor thin margins on most seats and so far the largest margin winner is Sakshi Maharaj! Some BJP good candidates are in trouble too.

I placed a bet with SP supporter few months back where he claimed biggest margin win in UP will be either of Akhilesh or Mulayam and MGB going 50+. I Will win both I guess :)

Reactions: _Anonymous_
Sabarimala agitation was created by BJP hoping to gain politically through polarization. They gained by losing the only seat they had. Mallus have decided to keep the BJP out of the state.

All that has happened is that modi has won an election, that's all. There is no guarantee that he will not do the same chutiyapa he did last time. There is nothing spectacular about this- after Pulwama everyone knew this will happen.

The Congress was equally in the forefront of the Sabrimalai agitation. I'd rather go with @CountryFirst theory that those who may have considered voting BJP may have not felt confident in the prospects of the said candidate i.e in the 2-3 seats the BJP had a chance in.
MMS could've responded like Modi and capitalise on it post 26/11.Why didn't he? I guess it's more to do with the fact that he wasn't a practising politician and hence lacked political sagacity. Equally the micro level schemes implemented on the ground like the low cost housing for the poor, the health insurance schemes, the crop insurance, gas connections, swacch bharat, rural electrification, roads and allied infrastructure, etc did play their part. The Balakote issue was the emotive appeal topping the cake.

Request.

I am enjoying the TV channels. Entertaining. Request all of you to maintain decorum, come up with sassy debates and let the mods enjoy the TV shows and suffer their jobs.

Please report abusive posts and do not abuse members.

Cheers.

BJP is doing surprisingly well in Telangana. It has increased its vote share in AP. For 2024, these 42 seats will be ripe for picking for BJP. YSRCP is controlled by Church and there is going to be a big backlash of Hindus if he allows conversions. Time for RSS to move into AP full strength and thwart these conversion vultures.

To date all Ive ever seen Guy next door do is troll; how is it that he wasnt already banned two years ago...? What bullshit fake tolerance and diversity of views are you trying to artificially shove down our throats here?

The Congress was equally in the forefront of the Sabrimalai agitation. I'd rather go with @CountryFirst theory that those who may have considered voting BJP may have not felt confident in the prospects of the said candidate i.e in the 2-3 seats the BJP had a chance in.
MMS could've responded like Modi and capitalise on it post 26/11.Why didn't he? I guess it's more to do with the fact that he wasn't a practising politician and hence lacked political sagacity. Equally the micro level schemes implemented on the ground like the low cost housing for the poor, the health insurance schemes, the crop insurance, gas connections, swacch bharat, rural electrification, roads and allied infrastructure, etc did play their part. The Balakote issue was the emotive appeal topping the cake.

a) No
b) Every PM decides what to do basis their immedeate conditions
c) nothing much has been acheved economically under Modi- we have a 40 year high unemployment level. If he continues the BS he did last time this won't end well. Plus I'm also sceptical about how aggressive he will be with Pak. It's ok for him not to be aggressive- question is will he manage to end the Terror. That remains to be seen. He has only won the election. His track record otherwise is of enormous f**k ups. One will have to see if he keeps clear of that this time.

To date all Ive ever seen Guy next door do is troll; how is it that he wasnt already banned two years ago...? What bullshit fake tolerance and diversity of views are you trying to artificially shove down our throats here?

They've been giving you hints for 2 years....take it already...